Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Another Chris Meeks sketch has hit the bay...

This one has been in the Album forever......

guess he finally decided to sell

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!! I love these character sketches and am stunned at both the Spike & Giles cards. Amazing talent Mr. Desbois.

quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I wonder if David Desbois was able to do the entire main cast in this style. They do make a very nice little set, albeit a quite costly one. I so wish all of them found their way into my collection Drool :

yeah, pretty much Smile

INCREDIBLE WORK DAVID!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
The bidding on the Desbois Buffy Sketch has slowed down a bit...

It is at $1160.00 with 3 days and 23 Hours Left.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another new Buffy sketch ... Willow by the Glebes:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Nice to see some new sketches pop up...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SamIAm
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed, the work all you guys are doing to find and place these sketches here has been awesome,thanks Thumb Up

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: April 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SamIAm
posted Hide Post
My last count has 62 sketches sealed revealed plus a couple of others with the seals removed, and three unopened on the bay.
That leaves an unlucky 13 sealed sketches to find if the early estimation is right!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SamIAm,

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: April 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Desbois Buffy Sketch is stuck on $1160.00 with 1 Day & 20 Hours Left...

I am assuming that the last minute bidders will be pushing this one up a bit more before it is done.

Picture of SamIAm
posted Hide Post
What I find interesting is what is the true value for these sketch cards!
Rittenhouse literally gave these away as dealer incentives with multiple purchases of the Sarah Michelle Gellar Autographs!
So Rittenhouse Archives never put a high price on them.
I then start to wonder if only the dealers who listed them on eBay are the only ones making the real money?
You can't imagine Rittenhouse would have paid these artists a huge amount of money for their sketches as they all surely deserved.
But I guess considering that their are a lot of great sketch artists out there competing with each other,they take what's on offer.
The reward for them is maybe the exposure they get to the card collectors market.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SamIAm,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm:
What I find interesting is what is the true value for these sketch cards!
Rittenhouse literally gave these away as dealer incentives with multiple purchases of the Sarah Michelle Gellar Autographs!
So Rittenhouse Archives never put a high price on them.
I then start to wonder if only the dealers who listed them on eBay are the only ones making the real money?
You can't imagine Rittenhouse would have paid these artists a huge amount of money for their sketches as they all surely deserved.
But I guess considering that their are a lot of great sketch artists out there competing with each other,they take what's on offer.
The reward for them is maybe the exposure they get to the card collectors market.

1st Thing...... Made Props to the Artists....the Trading Card companies pay Peanuts to them........ the Artist Returns are where they make Money. PERIOD End of Story!

Dealer Incentives help Collectors out....BIG TIME..... without the Incentives , you would be looking at Prices like Crypto, Topps or Upper Deck. I buy extra cases to get the Incentives I know I can sell.... I have even sold cases at cost to secure presales that let me get the Incentives.... This isn't an Easy gig to make Money one.... dealer or Artist.

I buy the Artist Returns & try to make a profit. As soon as a set I'm interested in is announced & The Artist say they are working on it, I contact the Artist. I pay what they ask or I don't buy. Yes, Trust Me...I am Very Up Front about being a dealer....Some won't sell to me because of that.

I have bought a few regular Sketches that catch my eye,either the Price or the Card.... I bought the Harmony Sketch by Chris Meeks.

I may be getting the ONLY Seth Ismart...& trust me, I'm Paying a premium for it & whoever gets it from me will pay a bit more.... I've been working on getting this Seth Ismart AR for months.

with every other Manufacturer, it's at or Near MSRP, With RA, most pay anywhere from 56.00 a box to maybe 60 a box...

Beats 75 - 125 for other releases & that's the INCENTIVES.

before anyone cries foul, Yes, I'm a fan of what I carry.... I'm Very Specialized & I know it.... If I don't care about something, I don't carry it.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SamIAm
posted Hide Post
Ok that explains it really well from a buyers perspective Its a business so you need to make a profit!
Never thought of it that way,you need to get the incentives to make a reasonable return.
So it's good to hear theirs something left for everyone's hard work dealers and artists just not the card companies!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

SETH ISMART AR has been Sold

posted Hide Post
Heh I did the same exact card as that.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the Desbois Buffy Sketch is stuck on $1160.00 with 1 Day & 20 Hours Left...

I am assuming that the last minute bidders will be pushing this one up a bit more before it is done.

Just hit $1,225 with a new bidder. Little less than 24 hours to go.

Posts: 10371 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
the Ismart went for more than that........... LIPS sealed...... Metal

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:

Did you list that one on the bay???

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

PRIVATE SALE OFF EBAY.... No Need to pay 10%... Had a collector trying to build a Master Set

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

PRIVATE SALE OFF EBAY.... No Need to pay 10%... Had a collector trying to build a Master Set

A Master Set of what???

Would be a tough one and expensive one to complete...

All of the Sketch Cards?

All of the AR Sketch Cards?

Sketch Cards of the Master?

Or Ismart Sketch Cards?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
they want one Sketch by each Artist, Seth Only Had 2 Cards Approved..one of those was his AR. There is Still One Golden Ticket Out There........

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
they want one Sketch by each Artist, Seth Only Had 2 Cards Approved..one of those was his AR. There is Still One Golden Ticket Out There........

OK...

I guess that might be an easier "Master Set" to complete.

Still hard to do and expensive but could be done...