Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Picture of dru'sgarden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
I'm so late to this party...(!!) but cannot wait for this.

I agree with some previous statements about longtime Buffy fans (it was my childhood) being annoyed at SMG now agreeing to sign but it's cool that it's happening at all.

I know there's talk of who might not sign but a lot of these people see it as good promotion and way to connect with their fans - even from 'old' franchises.

Cannot imagine the Buffy fanbase if we'd of had the internet (As we NOW know it) back when BTVS was at it's peak. They were TRUE fans.

Some people (Kids today eh? lol) don't get how big a deal Buffy was. Can you imagine ANY of todays TV shows being taught at UNIVERSITY level?

That's the genius of Joss Whedon and his writing.

Well, I'm even later to this little party than you are, lol. I loved that show!!!

I wasn't much of a fan of Buffy herself tho. And I wasn't keen about Faith either. My favorites were Spike & Dru & Angel. Loved when they'd show clips from their past. And I'll never forget Nathan F. as Caleb....so evil, lol.

I don't think kids today can grasp the concept of how good that show was. I think they're more into iphone technology like YouTube and Netflix, Walking Dead. And stuff like that wasn't around back then.

Wow.....20 years already. I feel old, lol. Wavey

Posts: 495 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
20 Years..... DON'T GET ME STARTED!

When We wanted to watch TV when I was your Age....WE HAD TO WALK 2 MILES UP HILL IN A BLIZZARD (BOTH WAYS) to Watch TV.

My Remote Control was my Kid Brother.... & he had to Use a Pair of Pliers to Change the Channel...

There were 3 Channels!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Charles Hall FB Page
A work in Progress........

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Hall sketches look great, but I can't help but think this is going to be like last year's "Ultimate Collector's Set". I can see this being the SMG auto/costume and 1 sketch per set. I haven't heard confirmation of a "full" set being made and have not heard a single mention of any other signers. So until I do, another collector set is what I'm going to be expecting.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Subject: RE: ask Steve Charendoff
Date: 04/04/2016
Author: Steve Charendoff

Re Buffy, we are still working on the details, but I can tell you that Alyson Hannigan has agreed to sign cards for us!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Subject: RE: ask Steve Charendoff
Date: 04/04/2016
Author: Steve Charendoff

Re Buffy, we are still working on the details, but I can tell you that Alyson Hannigan has agreed to sign cards for us!

Woo-Hoo!

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is great news! Perhaps we'll get a "Dark Willow" version. Now if only RA can give us a full release to go with it. Angel

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I'll Keep everyone posted w these.

Here are all the sketches that are on the bay

& There are 2 UNOPENED Sketches....

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Very impressed they have got Alyson Hannigan on board. I imagine A LOT of Buffy fans will be very happy about this news!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Very impressed they have got Alyson Hannigan on board. I imagine A LOT of Buffy fans will be very happy about this news!

Agreed, now I'm very interested in this set Smile
Looking forward to seeing other details.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So just as a hypothetical, let's say that Series 2 comes out as a $399 box with a handful of base cards, like Buffy 1, only it has alternating SMG and Hannigan autographs. One box, one auto of one or the other, not both.

Are you all still down (good I mean) with that?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So just as a hypothetical, let's say that Series 2 comes out as a $399 box with a handful of base cards, like Buffy 1, only it has alternating SMG and Hannigan autographs. One box, one auto of one or the other, not both.

Are you all still down (good I mean) with that?

I'm refraining from further comments on this set until new details are released.

I will say this. I'm hoping for a traditional release (pack/box format), as opposed to premium pack format.

Another factor for me will be the USD-CDN exchange rate.

Thanks for updating this post and letting others know about the good news Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
TOTALLY MY VIEWS!!! 100%

I'M SURE THIS WILL BE A REGULAR RELEASE..... 24 packs per box. 12 boxes per case. Yadda Yadda Yadda...........

Count On It..........

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I, for one, hope you are correct.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
SOMEONE just Got This at a Steal.... $154 on eBay

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
TOTALLY MY VIEWS!!! 100%

I'M SURE THIS WILL BE A REGULAR RELEASE..... 24 packs per box. 12 boxes per case. Yadda Yadda Yadda...........

Count On It..........

Hmmm.. what makes you so sure? I really hope you're correct! And how do you think sketches will be inserted? Per box? Per case?

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BornToBeAPopstar:

And how do you think sketches will be inserted? Per box? Per case?

If this is a regular box/case release I would imagine the sketches would be 1 per case at best.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Not sure about that......

may well be incentives again.....

A lot of sketches were NOT APPROVED
last time....

Charles Hall has posted a lot of Works in progress on Facebook.....

He is Usually an Incentive sketch....

there may be sketches in cases ... but I think it may be more like Game Of Thrones Season 3 @ 1 sketch per 3 cases........

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I haven't been on this site in quite a while and stopped by on a whim just to poke around.
I stopped collecting and sold off everything except my Buffy collection and a half dozen other cards and never looked back, but this might just entice me to add to my Buffy collection, especially a new Willow autograph. Cool

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve Charendoff just posted this on the Rittenhouse forum:

"Buffy is not likely to be a traditional foil pack/case series. Our focus with Buffy is fewer items to collect, but what there is will be high quality."

I'm a little disappointed that it won't be a full set this time around but I can't say I'm surprised. He also said there may be one or two other "surprise" signers.