Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Here are Both of Carolyn Edwards ARs

She Has Sold the BUFFY AR

here are some of her Approved Sketches

I Like the Last Willow Sketch on the Second Row the Best.

I have a Javier Gonzalez sketch that looks exactly like the last Willow card in her approved sketches

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else freaking out?

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BornToBeAPopstar:

Where is that from? Is that for the 20th anniversary?

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

It's for the 20th Anniversary and from Entertainment Weekly. The next issue has 4 different limited edition Buffy covers (one with SMG, one with Boreanaz, and 2 different with SMG & Boreanaz together). Should be a pretty cool read.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

It's for the 20th Anniversary and from Entertainment Weekly. The next issue has 4 different limited edition Buffy covers (one with SMG, one with Boreanaz, and 2 different with SMG & Boreanaz together). Should be a pretty cool read.

Yup, and they did a ton of video interviews. I was watching some today and I got super emotional

posted Hide Post
This might be my favorite moment from all the Reunion stuff I saw today hahaha

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So that reunion photo is missing 2 or 3 main players isn't it?

Makes me feel old. Had trouble picking out a couple of them.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I am trying to think who is missing other than Anthony Head. All the other main characters are there.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nick Brenden was there he's just not in this photo. Given his history they may kept him in the background a bit. Josh was also there but not in this photo.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I am trying to think who is missing other than Anthony Head. All the other main characters are there.

Hmmm.. maybe Eliza Dushku? Would have been nice to see Faith there even though she wasn't necessarily in the "main" cast

Oh and looks like Giles was kinda there.. well, sorta haha

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes, the ones I noticed missing were Head, Dushku, Brendon and maybe Landau. Brendon is in that second photo, but was not in the first one shown.

You might not call Green, Carpenter or Denisof as regular cast either, since they left early on. At least I think that is Denisof in the back, right?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Although it is a Buffy reunion, Angel was a spin-off so it's all inclusive. Both "Cordelia" and "Wesley" were regulars on Angel. I think Wesley was in most of the 5 seasons of Angel.

I didn't have a clue who the black-haired goth girl was until I saw a closer shot and saw it was Michelle Trachtenberg. Smile

I'd always heard that Boreanaz was not that happy to talk about Buffy and Angel and distanced himself...I suppose with Bones coming to an end he's trying to stay relevant. Big Grin A bit like SMG now signing cards etc..

As most people have said...I feel so old... Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I must say its great to see an actual picture
and not just people photoshoped together

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Although it is a Buffy reunion, Angel was a spin-off so it's all inclusive. Both "Cordelia" and "Wesley" were regulars on Angel. I think Wesley was in most of the 5 seasons of Angel.

I didn't have a clue who the black-haired goth girl was until I saw a closer shot and saw it was Michelle Trachtenberg. Smile Big Grin

I wouldn't have recognized Amber Benson, except that she was paired off with Hannigan. Denisof I wouldn't have expected at all, Angel spin off is not Buffy and its not Angel's 20th.

Dushku should have been there. Faith was with the gang at the finale and she had her own fans. Head was doing a play in England, but Dushku apparently was not asked. She was involved with Whedon on Doll House, so he knows her well.

It would not be questioned if she was invited into the picture, so why exclude her and be questioned? Big Grin

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
They said that the three main people that were missing from the reunion were Anthony, Eliza and Marc Blucas (Riley). Anthony apparently wanted to come but wasn't able to make it.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't advocate for Riley, he was the boyfriend for a season after Angel and before Spike. You could count Drusilla or Darla or Glory or the Master as main characters if you were going to call Riley a main character. Each of them were important for at least one season.

Darla (Benz) appeared over a few seasons in a minor way and was I believe the first vampire in the first Buffy show aired. The character also was carried over into the Angel series. So you could make a case for her too, but you can't really call any of them major characters unless they all are.

On the other hand Faith had her own big season, was a fitting challenge to Buffy as another Slayer, had a full arch of character development, returned in the final season to fight the First Evil beside them and survived. How is that not a main character? She was supposed to have her own spinoff series as Faith, but Dushku supposedly wanted to do something else at the time.

She should have been invited to the reunion spread.

posted Hide Post
Two of my few AR's Holding onto the third one for a bit.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I wouldn't advocate for Riley, he was the boyfriend for a season after Angel and before Spike. You could count Drusilla or Darla or Glory or the Master as main characters if you were going to call Riley a main character. Each of them were important for at least one season.

"Main" was their wording so they obviously considered him to be important enough to include.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

"Main" was their wording so they obviously considered him to be important enough to include.

Unlike the other ones named, Marc Blucas was in the main credits. The others were credited as guest stars. So, we might like those characters more (I never liked Riley) but he would be considered main where they would be considered recurring guests. I don't remember if Wesley was ever in the main credits but considering the actor is married to Aly Hannigan, it makes sense he would be there.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Ut-oh hairs are being split! Big Grin
If one wants to be daft and you take it at exact value of "20th anniversary of Buffy" then only the actors appearing in Season One should count. Wink

The point is, that the conception of the TV show(minus the movie before that) started 20 years ago on our screens, and all actors that came into it along that journey, count, including the Angel series as most originated in Buffy. The reunion doesn't define that collection of actors as being the only ones considered for the anniversary, just those that could make it, or wanted to, or were asked.

Cordelia was in seasons 1-3, Dawn was in 5-7...should they both count as main 20th anniversary characters? Yup it's a dopey waste of time trying to pigeon-hole what qualifies and what doesn't. We all had our favourites(and our most disliked...such as Riley) however long or short their actual screen time was. It's all part of the whole. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post