Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
It appears the Buffy set will be delayed. Just saw on Rittenhouse's site that they changed the release date from Feb. 25 to "TBA".

Not surprised, somehow this one really got away from RA.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yep, comes as no surprise.

I really don't mind if this is delayed for a few months considering we don't know any specifics about the set, other than the SMG auto.
I want some time to save the money this will cost rather than have to fork it out in the space of a few weeks.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just posted by Steve Charendoff on the Rittenhouse boards: "Buffy shouldn't be much longer, but we're still waiting to get cards approved by the studio."

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
No surprise about a delay, I thought as much would happen.
I'm in the same boat as Sidewinder, it will give me more time to save the money.
But the wait is driving me crazy, I keep checking here and at Rittenhouse a few times a day just for an update Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve Charendoff just confirmed that Sarah is indeed the only signer for the Buffy set. He did mention they tried very hard to get Seth Green to sign but he turned them down. He also said they are still waiting on sketch approvals from the actors and the studio.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
wow!
what a shame. Frown

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That Inkworks was able to get Seth McFarlane to sign for "Family Guy" but not Seth Green kind of says it all about him. The guy just does not want to sign cards for whatever reason.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Giving RA the benefit of the doubt, they overthought this whole process.

No one needed Seth Green. It would have been nice of course, but it was obvious long ago that he wasn't interested.

The initial notion that they required new signers was never an issue to fans. I for one would have been very happy with new autograph cards from any of the regular cast. Sure, nobody wants the third vampire from the left, but Carpenter, Marsters, Brandon, Head, Caulfield, Benson, are all good signers in Buffy and other products. They would have been welcomed again.

If they could have added a Dushku, Landau or Benz, it would really have been enough without even looking for the impossible of Boreanaz, Hannigan or Tractenberg.

What this boils down to now is SMG and a small base guaranteed and maybe a sketch, if they have enough approved, at a TBD price. Sorry, but that is a far cry from what could have been.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What other inserts are included?
1 Auto and some Sketches

What about costumes?

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There was never any mention of costume or prop cards as far as I know.

Last word I heard before the delay was an SMG autograph and sketch with every small set. Then the sketches were not all approved, so that is also a question mark now.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. Not looking good for me lol.

I'm not a fan on making a gamble on a set with unknown odds, price and inserts. I'm definitely not a fan of sketches either... when I see samples, perhaps that will change my mind.

Still trying to stay positive lol

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just read a couple posts from members over on Blowout that a 2nd Buffy set may be planned for later this year. Don't know what contacts they have so I'll take it with a huge grain of salt for now. But maybe Rittenhouse is realizing the interest in Buffy is still extremely strong, stronger than they originally anticipated perhaps. So give us more of what we want. Wink

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Despite Rittenhouses mishandling of the property with this set, a possible future set that seems like a no brainer is a Quotable Buffy set, given the large amount of quotable lines over the course of the series.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember reading that this is a one time only set.
Steve had said that he has no plans for another right now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their mind and will produce a second set, considering what this one has turned into. I dont even see how they are going to make much money off this unless they price this very high. How many autos could SMG have actually signed? I mean im thinking closer to the 250 mark, not 500. They'd have to keep some back for damages, but I'd be surprised with more than 250 sets available. They acquired her auto early in the process and may have counted on getting others.

I just don't understand how it ended up like this. No Seth Green is hardly a surprise, he never wants to sign, so going after others would have been better use of their time. I agree with Raven, there are many of the main cast that would have signed again.

I don't see there being any costumes, they are long gone since the series ended.

Maybe there will be 2 sketches per set, otherwise it seems like a pretty lackluster set with just one auto and one sketch. Might just as well sell the SMG auto on it's own and be done with it lol.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
And not to repeat everything you just said Sidewinder, which we are in total agreement, two more points.

First, many Buffy fans didn't get a chance to acquire the Inkworks autographs from those sets released in the late 90's and early 2000's before they got expensive. A lot of people don't have a Carpenter or Head or Marsters or even Caulfield on an official Buffy card. I would like a guest star like Fillion, who is a great signer, on another Buffy card.

Secondly, this license and set was annouced earlier in 2014. We all knew that SMG had signed and was already in the set in some fashion. The inclusion of sketches had to be a very late addition to provide more value, or else there would not have been such a scramble for approval still going on at the initial release date. So my question is, what was RA doing with this product for so long when nothing was going on in terms of autographs? Don't say negotiation, because the only other name offered up was Green, and he is always a firm NO.

As to this second Buffy product business, that's not what RA has been saying, so I don't know where the comment came from.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I know and understand there has been some disappointment expressed, but when this set was first announced there was a huge level of excitement based solely around the fact that there was going to be a SMG auto.... try and remember that Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the Rittenhouse boards I just asked Steve about the rumors of another Buffy set and here was his response:

"Re Buffy, we need to figure out what the first set will consist of. Until then, I can't even contemplate doing anything else. Still waiting for approvals from the studio."

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The boards on RHA website have a load of messages with Steve asking about past characters/actors that didn't sign for the Inkworks sets. There was a lot of talk about getting new or repeat signers for this set.... and yet we have ONE autograph in the boxes.

Seems like they wanted to rush it, but forgot about the approvals of images from the Gods from above when it comes to characters/actors approval.

Such a shame.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion, but if I were them I would take the sketches and Sarah autograph that they were going to use for this set and save them to do a full, proper set later this year. Then they would have the time to get the sketches approved. Plus a full set with at least some autographs of the main cast would be a MASSIVE hit. They'd be able to produce 15,000 boxes and it would still sell out fairly quickly I think.