Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Or RA might do what it did with the best of Game of Thrones Season One signed cards and have her autograph as a multi-case incentive, but put just a couple in packs so that you can't say there is no chance of pulling it.

I hope they don't go that route and it would be wiser if they didn't. It would generate so much more collector interest if every card SMG signed would be pack inserted and buyers felt they had a real shot at it.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
My take on how many SMG signs is, hope for the best, but expect the worst, then I won't be disappointed.

How does everyone here think they will go with costume cards? Surely there can't be much left around that they will be able to cut up.
And for me, it's going to be hard to beat Inkworks' Stake relic SE-1.
Perhaps a part of her scythe from S7&8 maybe? That would be kind of cool if they can get a hold of one of the extras (I imagine they used more than one on set), then being able to collect silver, red and wood parts would be a challenge.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I know that Breygent has/had several of the Buffy Costumes from Inkworks, so you could get costumes from them if Rittenhouse bought them.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I really don't think Sarah Michelle Gellar will be an incentive the first time around. That would really hurt the excitement and buzz for this release. It should be and I'm confident it will be pack inserted, regardless of how many she signs.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I know that Breygent has/had several of the Buffy Costumes from Inkworks, so you could get costumes from them if Rittenhouse bought them.

I didn't know that, it's nice to know that they went to a good home after Inkworks Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
So as per Rittenhouse's newsletter, the set is going to be called "The Complete Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and it is slated for late 2014. Cannot wait!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I just heard about this from another collector...

Very happy to hear she is going to sign.

Hopefully I can get my hands on one of the SMG Autos.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been pondering....what impact do you think the release of these will have on the value of the Inkworks autographs? Say for the those actors who signed for both. Will it help, hurt, or have no effect on their values? I can see the Rittenhouse autographs looking nicer, obviously being hotter and more current, and some possibly being rarer. But the nostalgic part of me likes the Inkworks ones plus to me autographs should be worth more if they were signed when the show was on the air. To me the Inkworks ones are "vintage" if you can call them that. Any thoughts?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
General speaking, when more certified autograph cards are released, they increase the available supply, which reduces the demand, which results in a decrease in prices for the newer cards, but may not have any effect on the original cards.

Using Game of Thrones as an example, the first season autographs being the first generation had higher pricing for all the major actors. When some of those same actors signed for the second time in the second season cards, most took a drop in prices, but the first generation cards did not noticably decrease.

Now of course there are different factors that may come into play with individual signed cards. Peter Dinklage was a 6 case incentive for $329 in the first set, so dropping to $116 in the second set is not a fair comparison. However Emilia Clarke going from $182 to $147 and Kit Harrington going from $93 to $50 and Lena Headey going from $120 to $70 do illustrate the drop.

I would expect that this new Buffy is so far removed in time from the Inkworks cards that the autographs will have good demand all around and may show no drop offs, while the original signed cards will retain the values they have now. For actors who once signed but are not in the new set, remember we have no idea who will be on the list except some number from SMG, I think those original cards may well increase in value based on the new demand generated.

In fact, just by putting out a new Buffy set, it might spur renewed interest in the Inkworks cards and elevate them all to more demand and thus increase the prices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I wonder who else out of the regulars will sign anyway. There's no guarantee that David Boreanaz or Alyson Hannigan will sign again.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I wonder who else out of the regulars will sign anyway. There's no guarantee that David Boreanaz or Alyson Hannigan will sign again.

It would be almost as hard to get them as SMG. They both signed only once in Season 1 when neither was as successful as they are now. Tractenberg might not be available either.

But almost everyone else of note should sign based just on past record. Dushku might be a little more iffy than Carpenter. The rest of the gang, Marsters, Brandon, Head, Caulfield, Benson are fairly good bets. Landau might be more iffy than Benz. Sutherland, I'm not sure what she did after Buffy, I can't recall seeing her in shows.

I would love to see Fillion again too.

There are a slew of actors with minor recurring roles that can also appear. The potential autograph list is really quite large.

Its a shame we won't see Ritter or Sachs. Maybe RA will do tribute cards like in Star Trek.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

It would be almost as hard to get them as SMG. They both signed only once in Season 1 when neither was as successful as they are now. Tractenberg might not be available either.

But almost everyone else of note should sign based just on past record. Dushku might be a little more iffy than Carpenter. The rest of the gang, Marsters, Brandon, Head, Caulfield, Benson are fairly good bets. Landau might be more iffy than Benz. Sutherland, I'm not sure what she did after Buffy, I can't recall seeing her in shows.

I would love to see Fillion again too.

There are a slew of actors with minor recurring roles that can also appear. The potential autograph list is really quite large.

Its a shame we won't see Ritter or Sachs. Maybe RA will do tribute cards like in Star Trek.

Boreanaz did sign for Angel season one, but if I recall correctly did not sign enough cards for Inkworks to fill redemptions with. Dushku and Landau have both been good signers in the past and Dushku also is doing the convention circuit more frequently these days so I expect to see her. Hannigan may or may not, I wonder if we'll get her if they also pursue Alexis Denisof to sign some cards.

I definitely need Charisma to sign again as well. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Charisma signed a bunch for Leaf recently so I imagine she would sign.

I think Hannigan would sign. Seth Green would be great, but Leaf couldn't get him to sign for Family Guy, and offered him quite a bit per auto so I doubt he signs for this set. I'd like another Felicia Day auto too.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sarah's autograph was indeed on display at the Rittenhouse tables today at the Philly show. I hope somebody took a pic of it. It's a beautiful card and seemed to be getting quite a bit of attention.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Omg need to see a pic now! Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was also told at the Rittenhouse tables that there will be only one Buffy set and it won't be released until next year.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Well, I better start saving up.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I was also told at the Rittenhouse tables that there will be only one Buffy set and it won't be released until next year.

Good news for me!

Does anyone have any pictures?

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, so we've got one chance to snag a SMG Buffy auto in that case.

I too better be saving for this one, do not want to miss out.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought it was going to be this year. Oh well. Frown