Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Hey, the two times I've visited NYC (as a wide-eyed gawking tourist being a California kid), I only went to the top of that building once!
Smile

(....also saw the David Letterman Show in person, caught the Tim Burton exhibit at the MOMA, communed with the spirit of John Lennon at the Strawberry Field's memorial in Central Park, rode the subway and the elevated trains, had a slice at Ray's Famous, climbed to the top of the Statue of Liberty, and about 100 other things I never thought I'd do, especially having grown up in New Mexico. If little old Silver City in Southwest NM was Tatooine, and it was, well, Manhattan was Coruscant, to be sure...)

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've managed to secure an order for two sets with one each of the SMG autos. The good news is that I don't have worry about where to put all of my extras!

My major decision for this set is which binder should house these cards? I'm leaning toward putting them in the Memories binder; but, they could also go in Women of Sunnydale. I have all of the binders and even extras of most of the binders; but, I wasn't really leaning toward putting them alone in a separate binder.

Opinions?

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that they didn't release a binder with this set....
Oh wait. Its only 11 cards :P

I'd put it with any of the later sets.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
I've managed to secure an order for two sets with one each of the SMG autos. The good news is that I don't have worry about where to put all of my extras!

My major decision for this set is which binder should house these cards? I'm leaning toward putting them in the Memories binder; but, they could also go in Women of Sunnydale. I have all of the binders and even extras of most of the binders; but, I wasn't really leaning toward putting them alone in a separate binder.

Opinions?

Me too hopefully, I'm a bit concerned after what cardcollectors uk said, but I haven't heard anything from who I am buying them to indicate that there is a problem. So my thinking is no news is good news.

Anyway, I'm going to keep them with the rest of my Buffy autos, pride of place at the start. I have all the binders for each set, but I keep all the autos together in one of the Ultimate Buffy Collection Binders, I like looking at them altogether rather than in the separate binders Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
I'm surprised that they didn't release a binder with this set....
Oh wait. Its only 11 cards :P

I'd put it with any of the later sets.

I didn't expect a binder with a set this small, but it would have been nice to have at least one promo...

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering whether or not the SMG auto will come in a RA gold sealed toploader. I really hope it does.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I'm wondering whether or not the SMG auto will come in a RA gold sealed toploader. I really hope it does.

hmm, I didn't think of that.

But thinking about it, then part of her face will be covered.
So I'm not sure if I would keep it in it, I guess it depends if you are buying to keep for your own collection or hoping to sell one day. I guess it all depends how much of the card the seal covers really.

What do other people do with expensive RA autos that come in a sealed toploader?

posted Hide Post
I would guess it will be packaged similar to the
last Spartacus set they put out...!
Just a clear cellophane wrapper, the autograph
placed between the remaining chase.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
What do other people do with expensive RA autos that come in a sealed toploader?

I would think the majority of people probably keep them sealed, while some open them to put them in sheets/binders. I just like the way cards look in them and it's nice to know they're not tampered with and kinda "uncirculated", untouched by anyone but Rittenhouse. But in this case I'm more concerned with the condition of the SMG card, especially with how much it costs. I've never bought one of these "Collector sets" from Rittenhouse so I'm not sure how they package them.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would think the majority of people probably keep them sealed, while some open them to put them in sheets/binders. I just like the way cards look in them and it's nice to know they're not tampered with and kinda "uncirculated", untouched by anyone but Rittenhouse. But in this case I'm more concerned with the condition of the SMG card, especially with how much it costs. I've never bought one of these "Collector sets" from Rittenhouse so I'm not sure how they package them.

I do have to admit the few sealed RA autos that I have are still in their toploader and sealed, I just can't bring myself to break them out. Twak Big Grin
So I do feel the same way, but for me it is easier to store cards in 9 pocket pages unfortunately.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I have three sealed autographs from them -- Claudia Black from Farscape, Jolene Blalock from Stargate and Sean Bean from Game of Thrones -- and I opened the first two of them because they didn't have penny sleeves. They do have sleeves now, so I left Sean Bean in the toploader sealed.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Without question I feel that any card in a sealed top loader should be left that way. The unbroken seal, usually on an incentive card, means that it is at least uncirculated from the manufacturer and hopefully in mint condition. Any card sent out with a seal will only get the highest resale value if the seal remains intact.

That's my very best advice, but as for my own collection, I have busted out every card I ever got that had a sealed case or sealed top loader. Big Grin Don't do that unless, like me, you really don't care. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Steve just posted on Rittenhouse about possible future Buffy Sets...

Subject: RE: Buffy
Date: 03/19/2015
Author: Steve Charendoff
"We have no plans to revisit the kinds of cards that Inkworks made for Buffy. Anything we do will be new and different."

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:

"We have no plans to revisit the kinds of cards that Inkworks made for Buffy. Anything we do will be new and different."

I saw that but I'm not sure what it means exactly. Does it mean absolutely no repeat signers from the Inkworks sets? or no costume cards? or just new autograph designs with the possibility of repeat signers? We shall see.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Perfect!
Parallel stickers for everyone next time around! Wink

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The only thing I can think of that might be called new and different is if RA produced a set on the Buffy comic series. I did not read them myself, but I believe the plotline was supposed to be an extension of the show after the last episode. I think Whedon wrote some of it himself.

I really don't get why Steve keeps saying that RA won't revisit what Inkworks did. A new set made with evolved technology and all the bells and whistles now available would automatically go to the head of the class. Moreover, collectors have said that they want it. Repeat signers are not an issue, a lot of Buffy fans don't have those autograph cards from the first couple of seasons.

Duplication is not an problem in a hobby that has been known to milk a product license for all it's worth. Big Grin RA reads the message boards and knows the demand is still there, so why not do a traditional set on the show and stop bringing up the ghost of Inkworks?

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:

I saw that but I'm not sure what it means exactly. Does it mean absolutely no repeat signers from the Inkworks sets? or no costume cards? or just new autograph designs with the possibility of repeat signers? We shall see.

He may mean that since Inkworks already did the "Seasons" series and those cards remain widely available, that he's more interested in doing a Rittenhouse staple like a "Quotable" set. I would say "Art and Images" which is another of their lines that would be ideal for Buffy, but given the apparent difficulty in getting character likeness-based sketches approved that one may be tricky.

And to Raven's point, the Dark Horse comic series could be a workable angle for a card set. It's been going on for a couple of years now and is apparently the "official" story, with Whedon's input and approval, as if the series was still on TV. I believe they are in Season 10 right now.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

He may mean that since Inkworks already did the "Seasons" series and those cards remain widely available, that he's more interested in doing a Rittenhouse staple like a "Quotable" set. I would say "Art and Images" which is another of their lines that would be ideal for Buffy, but given the apparent difficulty in getting character likeness-based sketches approved that one may be tricky.

That's how I read the comment. Don't look for a Complete Buffy the Vampire Slayer Set any time soon.

But Buffy would be great for a Quotable or even a Dangerous Liaisons. Heroes and Villains would work pretty good too.

Plenty of ideas to make them not like Inkworks.

But, it's unfortunately all linked to premium inserts these days. So if they cannot line up enough signers then don't look for any new sets.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
As long as we are just kicking ideas around based on Steve's cryptic comment, I'll stick with the Buffy comics because that is a new and different subject.

I get that turning Buffy into a fit with Bond and Star Trek title slots is possible, but that is hardly different from what Inkworks did before. In addition to having Buffy sets for seasons 1 - 7 there was both Men and Women of Sunnydale, which might be compared to the WOB sub-set and Dangerous Laisons. There was Buffy Big Bads, which could be the villains of Heroes and Villains. Then there was Connections, Evolution, High School Years, Memories, Photo Cards and 10th Anniversary, all with small insert sets.

I don't know if relics are an option anymore, they already had trouble with sketch approvals and they seemed to want only actors that didn't sign before. If RA is serious about avoiding Inkworks' cards, which they keep insisting on saying, they need a new Buffy universe and that is the comics.

Funny that we are even talking about this when the SMG auto mini just got released. Goes to show how it is always the next thing. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
we need a buffy motion card set.

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post