Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Sketches have never floated my boat - I don't love 1/1 card chasing - but these have been outstanding, I think the moment I saw the Desbois Faith was the first time I really wanted a sketch.

I agree, the work on these sketches has been extraordinary to say the least. And that Faith sketch, it's my favourite so far that I've seen.

quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
For those keeping track, the Gleneagles Cordelia is at $770 with 5 days left. I tapped out at around $400

Yes I think you are right about it ending near a grand. With five days left I imagine the price will slowly keep going up, the only thing I could imagine that might stop the price going that high is if another Cordelia sketch pops up.

quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
for the record, I have more SMG approved cards than 5; I don't think your numbers are right guys Wink

Well that is wonderful news, I can't wait to see them all.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

I agree, the work on these sketches has been extraordinary to say the least. And that Faith sketch, it's my favourite so far that I've seen.

quote:
For those keeping track, the Gleneagles Cordelia is at $770 with 5 days left. I tapped out at around $400

Yes I think you are right about it ending near a grand. With five days left I imagine the price will slowly keep going up, the only thing I could imagine that might stop the price going that high is if another Cordelia sketch pops up.

I was thinking around $850 for that Cordelia Sketch.

Another Cordelia Sketch has popped up by Tim Shay...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

quote:

Yes I saw that on page 26 Smile
I love the look on her face, he captured her expression so perfectly. I can just see her saying something horrible and judgmental to one of the scooby gang, it's so good.

I mean't if another Cordy pops up for sale on ebay the price of the Glebe sketch may not fetch quite as much.

Another random question,
How big are these sealed white envelopes that the sketches are in?
I can't work out why the postage is so different for these than the ones for opened sketches.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

quote:

Yes I saw that on page 26 Smile
I love the look on her face, he captured her expression so perfectly. I can just see her saying something horrible and judgmental to one of the scooby gang, it's so good.

I mean't if another Cordy pops up for sale on ebay the price of the Glebe sketch may not fetch quite as much.

Another random question,
How big are these sealed white envelopes that the sketches are in?
I can't work out why the postage is so different for these than the ones for opened sketches.

That is true... we will have to see if this one comes up for auction.

Perhaps they are waiting for the other Cordelia Sketch to end so there wont be any competition.

I am not sure about the Sealed Envelopes... Maybe someone who sees your question on here has purchased or sold one can let you know.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I wonder who the three characters were Confused . So far the only one of the main characters I have not seen a sketch for is " Dawn " .

Of the named characters I can think of off the top of my head, I don't think I've seen Dawn, Tara, Wesley, Glory, Caleb, Adam, Buffy's Mother or any of The Trio yet.

Not sure if any of them were the problems, I kind of expected it to be the Angel and Cordy characters, but they have shown up.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I wonder who the three characters were Confused . So far the only one of the main characters I have not seen a sketch for is " Dawn " .

Of the named characters I can think of off the top of my head, I don't think I've seen Dawn, Tara, Wesley, Glory, Caleb, Adam, Buffy's Mother or any of The Trio yet.

Not sure if any of them were the problems, I kind of expected it to be the Angel and Cordy characters, but they have shown up.

Plus there are still some sealed Sketch cards for sale on the Bay and there are some people that have sketches that have not posted yet or will never post a picture.

Hopefully Rittenhouse will give a complete list of each sketch and the artist who made it sometime soon...

posted Hide Post
My Buffy AP's.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
My Buffy AP's.

They Look... Ummmmm.

Great... Confused

posted Hide Post
lol, I self rejected them so they go back for new blanks. I'm not doing any AP's for this set. Just going to keep the blanks as is.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
lol, I self rejected them so they go back for new blanks. I'm not doing any AP's for this set. Just going to keep the blanks as is.

Your art... You can do as you please.

a bit harsh but I find it interesting! Thumb Up

You could make a cool collage with the pieces...

It would definitely be one of a kind.

posted Hide Post
the are on their way back to the company. They'll send me new blanks.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thats cool... so now you can draw new Buffy Sketches for your AP's?

How many will you get back?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

So even though you are only going to keep them as blanks, just out of curiosity, what are you going to do with them?

If you did draw on them would RA still have to get them approved from everyone involved?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Boy, I do not understand this sketch process.

Why would RA hand out official blanks to artists AFTER the product is done and gone?

Do all blanks eventually turn into APs?

If Artist X is recorded as doing 5 cards in a product, but he has 20 blanks left to work on whenever, doesn't that significantly change the recorded number of sketches that he did or will do?

Besides keeping the seal on the top loader intact, how can you tell what sketches were distributed from the manufacturer and what went out from the artist directly?

Is any of this normal to sketch products or is it just because of this odd release?

So many questions, so little time. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why would RA hand out official blanks to artists AFTER the product is done and gone?

If Artist X is recorded as doing 5 cards in a product, but he has 20 blanks left to work on whenever, doesn't that significantly change the recorded number of sketches that he did or will do?

Besides keeping the seal on the top loader intact, how can you tell what sketches were distributed from the manufacturer and what went out from the artist directly?

Is any of this normal to sketch products or is it just because of this odd release?

My thinking exactly, Raven.
I'm starting to get confused about these APs...

From what I understood David Desbois to say was that the artists choose which ones they want returned to be APs but they still have to go through the approval process.
But maybe I misread want he meant.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
yeah, AP are submitted to approval process at the same time as normal cards; it's different for SW that doesn't require any likeness since actors didn't have those rights in that galaxy far far away
so I don't understand the AP destruction either unless another approval process occurs in the future, and even so, the cast roaster may differ from the original based on previous results
or planning to draw monsters on them...

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What can happen is the AP's you pick are not approved so you can either get new blanks or pick other cards from the approved lot. and yes the new cards would have to go through approvals. When RA sent me my Star Trek AP's they cut them down when I did not want them cut. They offered to send new blanks. MY Game of thrones AP's were not cut either. Most companies do not have uncut sketch cards. I like the full uncut cards for my AP's.
Rittenhouse knew a few months back I was cutting these up and sending them back. I don't like the Artist Return policy. I like to hold my AR/AP's and draw when I feel like it, Not going to let them rush me.If I have to pass on doing them because of long approvals I will. I have Transformers and Grimm and American Horror story AP's I'll never draw because of the long approval process. Just because there is a process doesn't mean I have to go along with it. I like doing what I want.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also thought I knew how the process worked after talking to a few artists about it...

But now I very confused again... Confused

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
What can happen is the AP's you pick are not approved so you can either get new blanks or pick other cards from the approved lot. and yes the new cards would have to go through approvals. When RA sent me my Star Trek AP's they cut them down when I did not want them cut. They offered to send new blanks. MY Game of thrones AP's were not cut either. Most companies do not have uncut sketch cards. I like the full uncut cards for my AP's.
Rittenhouse knew a few months back I was cutting these up and sending them back. I don't like the Artist Return policy. I like to hold my AR/AP's and draw when I feel like it, Not going to let them rush me.If I have to pass on doing them because of long approvals I will. I have Transformers and Grimm and American Horror story AP's I'll never draw because of the long approval process. Just because there is a process doesn't mean I have to go along with it. I like doing what I want.

Thanks for the explanation... that clears it up.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
yeah, AP are submitted to approval process at the same time as normal cards; it's different for SW that doesn't require any likeness since actors didn't have those rights in that galaxy far far away
so I don't understand the AP destruction either unless another approval process occurs in the future, and even so, the cast roaster may differ from the original based on previous results
or planning to draw monsters on them...

That is what I was thinking...

Draw something that would not have any issues getting approvals on.

I would assume the Monsters wouldn't have many approval issues.