Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Right, just over the last 7 years or so there was:
"My Own Worst Enemy" (the Nielsen ratings)
"The Forgotten" (and quickly so)
"Breaking In" (breaking down the set)
and "Mind Games" (game over)

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't recall "The Forgotten", but I remember the other 3. When was that on ?

Christian Slater hasn't had a hit since the John Travolta film, Broken Arrow, or whatever it was called, back in 1996

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Christian Slater hasn't had a hit since the John Travolta film, Broken Arrow, or whatever it was called, back in 1996

The Forgotten was on 2009-2010...looks like it got 17 episodes.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're probably right, but he hasn't starred in anything but low budget movies. He's kind of like Lou Diamond Phillips' heir. Big Grin

But since we have gone way off topic to Slater, how many of you guys saw the 2005 movie MindHunters. He had a part along with LL Cool J, Jonny Lee Miller, Val Kilmer, Kathryn Morris and a few others I can't remember, plus Renny Harlin directed so you know it died on DVD. But that film is one of my guilty pleasures, another version of Ten Little Indians really, so its worth seeing at least once, if only for a young Sherlock Holmes. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, with Slater, he's already done enough that his name is secure in film history. He's in "Heathers", "Pump Up the Volume", "The Legend of Billie Jean", and "True Romance", all cult films with devoted fan followings and there are some who really liked "Young Guns II" and his skateboard movie "Gleaming The Cube", as well.
He's got fans for the rest of his life, just for those projects. I'm particularly fond of "Heathers" of "True Romance". I wish he had an autograph card from one of those.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Isn't this a Buffy thread about the upcoming Buffy cards ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, it's actually about "Buffy The Vampire" and "Slater", so we can talk about vampires named Buffy and people named Slater, so Christian is OK.

By the way, the first episode of "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer" I ever saw was the musical one, so you can imagine how disappointed I was when I caught a few other episodes and there were no songs performed by the cast in them at all. Frown

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
No, it's actually about "Buffy The Vampire" and "Slater", so we can talk about vampires named Buffy and people named Slater, so Christian is OK.

Big Grin Thumb Up

I'm a big fan of free association. This thread will get back to the new Buffy set because it won't get released until 2015, so there is plenty of time to talk about it. But for now there is nothing but random speculation and people have run out of things to say. So you get into a sidebar about Christian Slater.

Would it be better to stay strictly on topic and have no posts in the thread for weeks? How many threads get forgotten because the posts stop and someone starts a new one?

I say post all you want about anything, if someone responds it keeps the subject alive, even if you have gone off subject. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

You're probably right, but he hasn't starred in anything but low budget movies. He's kind of like Lou Diamond Phillips' heir. Big Grin

But since we have gone way off topic to Slater, how many of you guys saw the 2005 movie MindHunters. He had a part along with LL Cool J, Jonny Lee Miller, Val Kilmer, Kathryn Morris and a few others I can't remember, plus Renny Harlin directed so you know it died on DVD. But that film is one of my guilty pleasures, another version of Ten Little Indians really, so its worth seeing at least once, if only for a young Sherlock Holmes. Wink

I have seen this film a couple of times when its aired late at night. It's a nice little thriller who dunnit film.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen Broken Arrow, only it was a western with James Stewart Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Christian Slater's career was killed by two box office bombs in 1998-- "Hard Rain" with Morgan Freeman and "Very Bad Things" with Cameron Diaz

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Christian Slater's career was killed by two box office bombs in 1998-- "Hard Rain" with Morgan Freeman and "Very Bad Things" with Cameron Diaz

so why didn't these films kill Morgan Freeman + Cameron Diaz careers ?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I didn't think Hard Rain was that bad. Certainly not a recommendation, but it was just an action movie with the usual far fetched plot. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess because Morgan and Cameron starred in successful films afterwards. Slater did not !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve posted yesterday over on the Rittenhouse boards that the Buffy set will likely be out in February. Can't wait for this!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
So no repeat signers from Inkworks according to RA?

Doesn't leave many other desirable autos to chase other than SMG and Seth Green if he actually signs.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

Doesn't leave many other desirable autos to chase other than SMG and Seth Green if he actually signs.

Where did you get this information Sidewinder? I checked on the RA website and saw no mention of the Buffy release.

I don't really care when it is released, as a date will come eventually, but how can there be only new signers? As you say, there virtually are no new autographs available, every main castmember and main guest signed for Inkworks except SMG and Green. I'm pretty sure Green won't participate, so if this is true, who's left?

I was really looking forward to getting new autograph cards from some of these actors. There are a lot that I never got from Seasons 1 and 2.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

Where did you get this information Sidewinder? I checked on the RA website and saw no mention of the Buffy release.

I don't really care when it is released, as a date will come eventually, but how can there be only new signers? As you say, there virtually are no new autographs available, every main castmember and main guest signed for Inkworks except SMG and Green. I'm pretty sure Green won't participate, so if this is true, who's left?

I was really looking forward to getting new autograph cards from some of these actors. There are a lot that I never got from Seasons 1 and 2.

I read that on another forum, hopefully they were mistaken. The only thing I found on the website myself was on the forum with RA asking who hasn't signed before and they would be focusing on people who hadn't signed to begin with. Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding and they will also be chasing former signers as well.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a quote from Harris (if he doesn't mind be posting) when another forum member asked if any mention was made by Rittenhouse about the Buffy set at the last Philly show:

"Not at the member gathering but Rittenhouse did have some sketch cards on the table and I did happen to be at the table when Robert talking about the series. From what I remember, he said it would not be episodic in nature like Inkworks set was and that they were going for new autographs and trying not repeat Inkworks. He gave props to Inkworks, saying they did a good job with their various Buffy the Vampire Slayer sets. I hope I am not putting words in Robert's mouth but this is what I remember. The sketches were gorgeous."

And here was a direct quote from Steve Charendoff on the RA boards:

"Give me more names of actors you want autographs from who have NEVER signed Buffy cards before. I want to focus more attention on those actors, at least at the outset of this project."

So I don't know if there will be zero repeat signers but it sure sounds like they focused more on the actors who never signed before. I'm still really hoping for an Alyson Hannigan as Dark Willow autograph (as far as repeats go). Slim chance though I'm sure.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
There were 84 Buffy autos (with many repeats) and 46 angel autos (not including the two that were san diego signing cards). You would really have to discount a lot actors/actresses when you think about this. Hope this rumor is just a rumor.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post