Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I'm a little weird, but I would be more than happy with new sigs from Marsters, Dushku, Fillion, Caufield and yeah, Carpenter. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Not weird at all. I would love to see all of the cast in the new style.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Not that I would have any personal knowledge about it......but I think you can expect a traditional release this time. More Autos...Relics &................... Crazy random/incentive sketches.

on the Way outside....maybe pack inserted sketches.....but Don't count on it.

The approval process isn't something a lot of artist are gonna go thru again from what I hear from the grapevine.....

Remember the Rules of Acquisition #190....Hear all, trust nothing.

Your Buddy Kryten

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Out of all the regular cast who already signed for Inkworks the one that I think would be next to impossible to get to sign again is David Boreanaz. I think he's already distanced himself from Buffy/Angel. I also doubt Alyson Hannigan will sign again. I think she's moved on also. I hope I'm proved wrong though but those two seem like longshots to me. The rest of the regulars I think would be willing signers if they're not too busy.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I greatly dislike DB but both he and Alyson Hannigan have appeared at conventions within the last couple of years- so who knows.

I'd say Alyson has a higher probability at this point though.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Not weird at all. I would love to see all of the cast in the new style.

I say weird because I'm an opposite. Given the choice nearly everyone would pick the tougher, rarer signers. I certainly wouldn't mind getting an autograph from SMG or Hannigan or Boreanaz. Wink I don't have them on anything.

But Buffy, Willow and Angel were not my favorite characters. They were all great the first 3 years, but with later plot evolutions and character development I started to prefer other characters, and therefore other actors, more.

Rather than the Scooby gang, I liked Spike and Anya. Both Faith and Cordella had very good arcs. I loved Fillion as Caleb, first once playing a villain.

I think some of the flip flops the writers made in later seasons to keep the plot going took away from most of the main characters and made them weaker and less likeable than originally presented in the high school years. By the final season I was getting disappointed and I did not like the semi-ending that really wasn't at all. I really didn't care for the last 2 seasons very much as a whole. I think I've said that in other old threads a few times. So yeah, I'm an opposite, but I still like those few characters mentioned, even though 3 were supposedly dead by the end and 1 was written out of the series early on. Frown

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
The Relic/Auto SMG card looks good...

I guess we will have to wait until the end of the year to see what the set will offer.

I am hoping for the best...

and I am hoping I can afford the SMG cards that are part of the set. Confused

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I say weird because I'm an opposite. Given the choice nearly everyone would pick the tougher, rarer signers. I certainly wouldn't mind getting an autograph from SMG or Hannigan or Boreanaz. Wink I don't have them on anything.

But Buffy, Willow and Angel were not my favorite characters. They were all great the first 3 years, but with later plot evolutions and character development I started to prefer other characters, and therefore other actors, more.

Rather than the Scooby gang, I liked Spike and Anya. Both Faith and Cordella had very good arcs. I loved Fillion as Caleb, first once playing a villain.

Frown

In a similar vein, though I loved the Buffy show, Buffy herself was never my favorite character, not even top 5 to be honest- I preferred the rest of the ensemble to her.

We all know I am a Cordelia fan here, Anya, Faith and Spike are all in my upper tier and I think of the main three Scoobies- Willow is my favorite.

I also liked Dawn and Riley quite a bit, though those two weren't as popular.

That being said- I think as Alyson Hannigan gets further away from How I Met Your Mother, the more likely it is we will see her signing again.

Also next year is Buffy's 20th Anniversary- SCARY to think about.

Val

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Pretty Sure we will see a Giles Auto....

Anthony Stewart Head "is" Signing for Doctor Who Timeless.

"is" = Being advertised on the Sell Sheet.
Please Take that for What it's Worth.

I LOVE MY CHRIS EVANS Captain America Auto from the Card Set....he Said with Heavy Sarcasm......

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I'm so late to this party...(!!) but cannot wait for this.

I agree with some previous statements about longtime Buffy fans (it was my childhood) being annoyed at SMG now agreeing to sign but it's cool that it's happening at all.

I know there's talk of who might not sign but a lot of these people see it as good promotion and way to connect with their fans - even from 'old' franchises.

Cannot imagine the Buffy fanbase if we'd of had the internet (As we NOW know it) back when BTVS was at it's peak. They were TRUE fans.

Some people (Kids today eh? lol) don't get how big a deal Buffy was. Can you imagine ANY of todays TV shows being taught at UNIVERSITY level?

I went to a University that actually had a BUFFY centred TV degree and an entire section in the library dedicated to titles that looked at Buffy from an ACADEMIC perspective. What's great is that it was actually strong enough to withstand academic deconstruction and to be complex enough to be analysed and rebuilt in a taught classroom setting.

That's the genius of Joss Whedon and his writing.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
BREAKING NEWS * UN-OFFICIAL

It Looks Like Charles Hall Is working on the New Buffy Set........

These images come from his FB page.....

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those look sweet! Particularly the Willow one. Luv You I can't wait for this!!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
UN OFFICIAL............ So Far.............

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:

The UN are putting out a Buffy set?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:

Isn't this a lot like the Charles Hall sketch of Kaylee that was your Firefly in process sketch announcement?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Not at all......this is on Facebook along with some Game of Thrones.

I won a Blank of his on a certain website...

I actually asked people what to get on that Blank.

This is on His Facebook Page. I have Zero to do with this one........

I admit I had a lot to do with the 1st Buffy Set.

It was one of the best sets for me Last Year, Firefly was the Worst one for me....

A lot of people wanted news on the New Buffy...

This is News..... Pure & Simple.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Last October I was speaking to one of the artists who was on the first Buffy set about a commission and they said a second Buffy set was a few months away and that half of their sketch cards were saved for this upcoming set.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
We already know for a fact that there will be another Buffy the Vampire product released by RA in autumn that includes a SMG relic. We know that because it is in the 2016: The Year in Preview article in the current NSU, volume 27.

I would give some room with the release schedule since we all know that delays are common. Apart from the signed relic card of SMG there is nothing else official about set contents.

I would not be surprised by anything in the product, I hope this one will be a complete product, but I'll wait till someone who knows goes on the record about it.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New sketch just turned up.... Faith by Kristin Allen:

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Faith by Kristin Allen

Thanks...added to the Album

https://www.facebook.com/media...4151563084890&type=3