Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't help but think the higher it goes (especially this early in the auction) the less likely it is the winner will follow through and pay for it.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well that's always possible. Many of these early bidders are not serious, they are just running it up knowing that someone will outbid them.

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
Now it is at $955.05...

So it might just hit that $1500 level or perhaps $2000.

I wonder how high it will go??? Confused

It's really hard to guess and it's kind of fun watching it. My guess of $1,700 - $1,800 is what I think it SHOULD be worth. It could start to die down once it hits the magic $1,000 mark, which would make it a bargain. Or people could continue to bid it up until it hits one of those "stupid money" prices that is really overpaying.

It also depends on the motive of the eventual buyer. If it's as an investment, it can only go so high to be a good deal to a flipper. If it's for a collector, well it could go as high as he/she is willing to spend. Sometimes that's way too much, but it's up to the buyer.

I don't know where it will end up, but unless some as yet unseen sketch turns up, I would have to think that this sketch has all the elements to be regarded as the best one. I'm curious to see what happens and I really wouldn't be surprised if it does go over $2,000 just because they have bid it up too fast already.

That is what I was thinking... I wonder what will happen when it hits that $1000 mark.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
quote:
And I forgot to mention that there are two Artist Return Sketches of Buffy currenty on the Bay right now...

Actually, There is only One Artist Return.......
The Glebe Buffy....The David Desbois isn't a Artist Return ... The Haun Buffy AR isn't on eBay now.....

I know the Desbois isn't an Artist Return.

But the Glebe and the Haun Artist Return Buffy Sketches are are both on the Bay now...

I just checked.

The Haun Artist Return Sketch of Buffy just ended on the Bay with no bidders...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New Buffy sketches have turned up. Here's Harmony (I think) by (?). It appears to be unsigned. I'm going to guess and say it's the Glebes. But I'm probably wrong:

And here's Dark Willow by Tim Shay:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I like the top one, very bright.

I really wouldn't pick up the character though. Guess I don't remember Harmony without looking back.

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if David Desbois was able to do the entire main cast in this style. They do make a very nice little set, albeit a quite costly one. I so wish all of them found their way into my collection Drool :

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harmony is sold already at "Buy It Now" $449.95. That certainly didn't take long.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
grabbed the images for the album..... by the time i was done...it was all over here....

Harmony is gone...think it was a Meeks or Cover....checking with them now

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
grabbed the images for the album..... by the time i was done...it was all over here....

Harmony is gone...think it was a Meeks or Cover....checking with them now

After doing a bit more comparing I can see the artist possibly being Chris Meeks, but I'm still going with the Glebes as my pick. This is fun. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
It is a Mystery for the Scoobies to solve!!! Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

CHRIS MEEKS

I just spoke w/ Meeks...It's his.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
That's a brilliant looking card, the colours look great together and Harmony always was refreshingly bright Thumb Up It's clearly Mercedes McNab, but as with some of the Willow sketches in this set the pedant in me is kind of irked that it's from an independent (I assume) photoshoot - I haven't watched Buffy for a good six or so years but I was so obsessed with it, and Angel, when I was younger that it does irk me when my mind immediately goes "what episode was that from?" and is then a little disappointed that it's not 'in character' as such. Like I said, just being pedantic - it's a great piece!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I wonder if David Desbois was able to do the entire main cast in this style. They do make a very nice little set, albeit a quite costly one. I so wish all of them found their way into my collection Drool :

yeah, pretty much Smile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:

yeah, pretty much Smile

INCREDIBLE WORK DAVID!!! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
The Desbois Buffy Sketch just went over $1000...

It is currently at $1009.99 with 4 Days 23 Hours Left.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now at $1,110. Eek

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Met her a thousand years ago in Texas.....

she was Nice......

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Now at $1,110. Eek

But still only the same 6 bidders at $1,160.

The dark horses have a long time left to join in.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another Chris Meeks sketch has hit the bay...