Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
So far Buffy Sketch cards have sold for $1875, $1500, $850, $810.52, $750, $750, $637.50, $600, $599.99, $549.95, $499.99, $450, $400, $375 and $179.50 on the Bay...

and Sealed Sketch Cards have sold between $300 - $600.

according the Sold Section on the Bay.

Which one sold for $179.50?
That seems very cheap.

Scratch that, just found it.
It was the sketch of the Master by Roy Cover, definitely a steal at that price Eek

Yeah... a real steal.

The buyer relisted it... trying for a nice flip on it.

Yes, I did notice that Wink
The original seller should have started at a higher price.
Oh well, you live and learn I guess.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
A Rhi Owens Dark Willow sold For $1875. Things are getting crazy now.

Left crazy in the rear view mirror. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
The Cordelia sketch by the Glebes is up to $865. Eek

I guess it would be safe to say that any sketch that just features Sarah Michelle Gellar/Buffy would be at least $1000.

The Angel/Buffy Sketch by Desbois sold for $1500...

I'm starting to think that was cheap for a sketch with Buffy on it.

quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
A Rhi Owens Dark Willow sold For $1875. Things are getting crazy now.

Do you think that is because it's the only sketch of hers so far to show up for sale?

I would assume that... but not 100% sure.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Here are Rhiannon Owens Sketches...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
These cards really are superb, calling them sketches is a bit of an insult really when you think of some of the things that are classed as sketches.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Just curious, but a character in Vampire makeup - do the actors still have approval or are they pre-approved monsters? Given that the make up reduces resemblance to the actor a fair amount.

The whole sketch process I've learnt from this thread is quite fascinating.

The quality of Rhiannon's work above is superb, and as mentioned earlier, that Vampire Harmony is one of my favourites not least just because of character choice! I'm thinking it looks like it's from "The Harsh Light of Day" which has a particularly fun moment between her and Spike too...

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
These cards really are superb, calling them sketches is a bit of an insult really when you think of some of the things that are classed as sketches.

I know a lot of people are upset in the way Rittenhouse released the sketch cards and how high the prices of some of sketch cards are selling for...

But I think we can all agree that the Majority of the Sketches we have seen so far have been incredible...

Perhaps I should use the Famous Words of wolfie...

"These cards really are superb"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Just curious, but a character in Vampire makeup - do the actors still have approval or are they pre-approved monsters? Given that the make up reduces resemblance to the actor a fair amount.

The whole sketch process I've learnt from this thread is quite fascinating.

The quality of Rhiannon's work above is superb, and as mentioned earlier, that Vampire Harmony is one of my favourites not least just because of character choice! I'm thinking it looks like it's from "The Harsh Light of Day" which has a particularly fun moment between her and Spike too...

Good question. Just to clarify, if we drew Spike or Willow or any other character 'vamped out', they still had to get Rittenhouse and then Fox and Actor approval.

Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It has been posted that there was a short list of approved Big Bads from the beginning.

I noted a few Big Bads in my list of named characters that I have not seen yet, including Glory, Caleb, Adam and The Trio. Should we assume that these characters were off limits and will not turn up in sketches?

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
It has been posted that there was a short list of approved Big Bads from the beginning.

I noted a few Big Bads in my list of named characters that I have not seen yet, including Glory, Caleb, Adam and The Trio. Should we assume that these characters were off limits and will not turn up in sketches?

The characters you listed were Not on our approved list to draw. So if any artists did draw them, more than likely they were rejected. It's true our monster/demon list was very limited.

Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shay:
quote:

The characters you listed were Not on our approved list to draw. So if any artists did draw them, more than likely they were rejected. It's true our monster/demon list was very limited.

Thanks for all of the info regarding this sketch process...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shay:
quote:

Thanks so much for the confirmation.

Strange how they arrived at the ins and outs. Glory, Adam, Caleb and to a lesser extent The Trio were the main villains in their seasons, and were all left out. While The Mayor, Drucilla, Dark Willow and The Master were allowed. I won't count Spike and Faith, as they swung both ways. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
The Cordelia Sketch has a current bid of $885 with 2 Days and 20 Hours left on the bay...

I wonder if it hit $1000 or perhaps more???

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
It is now at $935... I guess $1000 is coming...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
A few new sketches that have popped up:

Meeks:

Allen:

Shay:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Those sketches, especially the Willow is lovely.

Because they don't have the RA seal, does anyone think they might be APs or is it just that the person who owns them took them out.

I don't think I would take a sketch out of the RA sealed toploader, but that's just me.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because they don't have the RA seal, does anyone think they might be APs or is it just that the person who owns them took them out.

I don't think I would take a sketch out of the RA sealed toploader, but that's just me.

I am not sure... I found the pics on a FB page.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah... The Willow one is Nice.

I agree with you... I would not remove any card that had a sealed toploader.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
The Cordelia Sketch is now at $945 with 2 Days and 3 Hours left...

Inching closer to $1000.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Cordelia Sketch is now at $945 with 2 Days and 3 Hours left...

Inching closer to $1000.

I think it might reach there, even go past it maybe.

Is it just me or are the sketches starting to go for more money than when they were in the first week?
It's not as if there are less available, they just seem to me to be selling for more.