Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
I let you know as soon as I hear.........
I'm leaning more to Willow myself.....

Cool... hopefully we will find out soon.

Thanks!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm saying Willow. Thought that even before the comparison photo was presented.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
I'm saying Willow. Thought that even before the comparison photo was presented.

I was thinking Tara, Willow and Dawn Combo... Confused

Or just one of them???

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Willow, change even one part of the eyes nose or mouth and it looks like someone else.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
The Official word is Willow, from Ingrid Hardy herself

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Official word is Willow, from Ingrid Hardy herself

The Mystery is Solved! Thumb Up

Thanks!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Posts: 7 | Location: Milwaukee | Registered: April 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That must be a bit of a concern to an artist if they do a sketch and nobody can tell who it is.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
That must be a bit of a concern to an artist if they do a sketch and nobody can tell who it is.

Maybe if it was a normal sized canvas and the paints weren't oils. Oils are very hard to get precise lines and details unless the painting is like 2.5 ft by 3.5 ft.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I saw that it was Willow right from the start.
All about interpretation and what the "reader" takes away from the piece.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Have there been any new sketches pop up?
I've checked the usual places and can't seem to find anything.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
And I've watched a few auctions for the Buffy sketches end now, it seems the prices of these aren't reaching those high highs like what the Glebe Cordelia and Owens Dark Willow went for.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I was a Bidder on the Glebe Cordelia until I found out I was biding against a Client.....
as for the Dark Willow, I was the Seller....

Collectors just seem to not be After this set....
I've had a good Run & am trying for a few ARs...The 3 ARs I picked up are on eBay.....

Haven't seen anything New in Days....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was a Bidder on the Glebe Cordelia until I found out I was biding against a Client.....
as for the Dark Willow, I was the Seller....

I've had a good Run & am trying for a few ARs...The 3 ARs I picked up are on eBay.....

I think it is the Subject Matter...

The ones that went the highest were Buffy and Angel... Dark Willow... in the thousands.

The Monsters, Anya etc... have sold much lower than I expected but I would assume they would be in the $400 - 500 but they went way below that.

A few sold here and there for $650-850...

I think if the 2 Buffy Sealed Sketch Cards came up they would go for the thousand dollar mark.

Both were done by Kristin Allen...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you think it's that the excitement for the set has died down?
Or the really high prices put some people off, as not all can afford those prices?
Maybe it's just that there aren't as many Buffy collectors out there any more.

quote:

Good to know it's not just me not finding anything.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
I think if the 2 Buffy Sealed Sketch Cards came up they would go for the thousand dollar mark.

Very true, I think sketches of Buffy are always going to fetch the highest premium.

But as for the Dark Willow, maybe that had more to do with the artist (as I think that is the only one of hers to come up for sale) rather than the subject because that lovely sketch of Willow by Chris Meeks sold for only $338.65. Then again maybe the sketches with the RA seal are going for more than the ARs.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I sold the Tim Shay Anya for over 1k.

The price point has a lot to do with people not buying..... Some are annoyed that Only Dealers got the Sketches, Some are upset with the Set as a Whole...

The Reason The Dark Willow sold so High was 2-Fold. Only One Owens Had been pulled at the Time & It was the Best One She Did.......

If you wanted a complete set...you NEEDED an Owens & why Not get the Best?

I am Biased as Willow is my favorite Character.

my prices are set by me, I use Buy It Now on Mine. for the most part, I have put most of mine @25% off except for My Artist Returns.

I getting ready for Continuum in a BIG Way......

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:

Very true, I think sketches of Buffy are always going to fetch the highest premium.

But as for the Dark Willow, maybe that had more to do with the artist (as I think that is the only one of hers to come up for sale) rather than the subject because that lovely sketch of Willow by Chris Meeks sold for only $338.65. Then again maybe the sketches with the RA seal are going for more than the ARs.

My opinion is that out of all of the Buffy Sketches that have been seen so far, my favorite is the Buffy by Kristin Allen that had an RA seal.

I think it looks exactly like her.

I posted a comparison of it before and I think it is amazing looking. ( I will post again after this...)

I think that it could be the best of the bunch so far.

Nothing against other artists, every sketch is pretty amazing.

But I am a SMG/Buffy collector and I rather have her in a sketch all alone.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Comparisons of Sketch and the Real Thing... Amazing Work by Kristin Allen!

Sketch:

From the Episode "Prophecy Girl":

posted Hide Post
Doing that comparison thing devalues the artwork by quite a bit, It takes it from being unique to just a copy.