Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I spotted this in the completed listings on eBay. It's a custom card with a printed signature but still looks very cool to me, and at the same time makes me a bit sad thinking of what could've been. Frown

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thats a great looking card... Brings back good memories of chasing BTVS autos too.

Posts: 2235 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Yes... that would of been a great card.

If only it could of happened.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
When RA took over the Star Trek cards, it kept the same autograph design as was on the original Skybox cards that ran from 1997 to 1999. I think they even picked up the numbering sequence at some point, although numbering jumped around a bit between releases.

With Buffy, RA turned to the full bleed and bordered designs, and now the gold signatures on black background, most similar to those used in Game of Thrones sets.

The RA designs are nice looking alright, but seeing this custom card that fits in so well with what we have in our binders reminds me that it would not have been a bad idea had they attempted to maintain some uniformity in their design with that of the Inkworks' autograph cards, as they did with the Skybox brand.

Maybe there was some reason why they couldn't, but it would have been nicer.

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
2 AP's by Francois Chartier have popped up....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
When RA took over the Star Trek cards, it kept the same autograph design as was on the original Skybox cards that ran from 1997 to 1999. I think they even picked up the numbering sequence at some point, although numbering jumped around a bit between releases.

With Buffy, RA turned to the full bleed and bordered designs, and now the gold signatures on black background, most similar to those used in Game of Thrones sets.

The RA designs are nice looking alright, but seeing this custom card that fits in so well with what we have in our binders reminds me that it would not have been a bad idea had they attempted to maintain some uniformity in their design with that of the Inkworks' autograph cards, as they did with the Skybox brand.

Maybe there was some reason why they couldn't, but it would have been nicer.

the people who ran the Entertainment cards for Fleer/Skybox...... are the people who run RA.

basically, they kept their own designs......
& with the problems w/ Inkworks "Vault" releases... I can see why they want to keep their own identity (card-wise).

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I knew prices would drop on the new autos but I can't believe how far and how quickly they did. Hopefully Rittenhouse doesn't do another Buffy "set" like this again. Even with the incentive sketches (which aren't as hot as they were in 2015), I don't see how dealers are making any money on this.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Autograph wise this 3rd offering just didn't have it.

SMG not only broke her Buffy drought with 4 cards, she is signing for other roles in products and at shows. Hannigan is likewise on multiple Buffy autograph cards. Seth Green was never going to be the big draw, his omission from Buffy not withstanding. As an actor he has not gone on to anything that much.

Its still the sketches that will help the dealers, but you're right, with such deep discounts on the autographs there does not seem much left in the tank for this title.

However I still say that if you rounded up the original Buffy actors, most of whom do sign, and put out a moderately priced limited product, we old time fans would sell it out. That will probably not happen.

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A bordered Seth Green autograph sold at auction yesterday for $28.05. And this isn't even a month since it's release. Yikes.