Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Mike James (a Known Rittenhouse Archives Artist) just posted this pic on Facebook.....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to find out what exactly will be included in every set and what will be the incentive. I'm thinking that the sketches will most likely be the incentive once again but you never know.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Saw this on eBay... Is this Roy Cover Sketch Card new to the scene?

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I believe so. Nice spot. It slipped passed me because it's not listed under trading cards. I guess I have to scour the entire site from now on so I don't miss anything. Smile

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
added to the collection....

https://www.facebook.com/phoen...m_id=448080455358666

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Ed Webb for these Two Sketches

Der Kinderstood by Mick and Matt Glebe

Drusillia by Roy Cover

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
From Rittenhouse website...

Subject: RE: ask Steve Charendoff
Date: 07/25/2016
Author: Steve Charendoff

No firm timeline yet on the Buffy set. Hoping to have that nailed down in the next month or so.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize these weren't here...

a Few APs from Tim Shay

SOLD

SOLD

STAYING IN PRIVATE COLLECTION

SOLD

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Three of the Tim Shay AP's now have A New Loving Home...... they went bye-bye today.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Three of the Tim Shay AP's now have A New Loving Home...... they went bye-bye today.

So you are using this to advertise?

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
no.

if you find any listing that say I sold them let me know. I haven't confirmed if the Other Spike has Sold yet. I will confirm it if I hear that it is gone. UPDATE.... I confirmed the Last Spike was not SOLD. It was Given to a Close Friend for their Private Collection.

I also congratulated Ed Webb on a Star Wars Masterworks Great Pull - Autographed Daisy Ridley 1/1 Medallion & commented on it when it SOLD.

I have kept Track of Buffy as it's One of my Favorite Titles & I'm looking forward the Next Release. I have Cataloged about 85-100 Buffy sketches. Trust Me if I sold all of those I'd be One Happy Camper.

I don't have any Buffy Sketches for sale & haven't sold one on eBay since all of mine went bye bye in march or may........

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Subject: RE: ask Steve Charendoff Date: 11/30/2016
Author: Steve Charendoff Reply

BUFFY in February Game of Thrones Season 6 in March/April Star Trek Movie (feat. Star Trek Beyond) in May

More to come soon!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
As far as I can tell, this new release is going to look similar to the first release, only there will be one other signer besides SMG. SMG must have signed her autograph/relic cards well over a year ago, or at least they pictured the card way back then. Knowing RA's habit of putting things away, I wouldn't be surprised if she signed everything at one time for them.

So what is taking so long? Please don't say sketch approval again.

Now its going to be February, maybe. The month before GoT 6 drops. How many shared fans do you think there are between those two shows? I doubt I'm the only one, maybe there are a lot, maybe only a few. I don't know, but after all this delay there is no reason to put those two titles out back to back and make people chose between your own products. Shake Head

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Isn't the 'new' signer Alyson Hannigan?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Isn't the 'new' signer Alyson Hannigan?

Here's a quote from Steve Charendoff about Buffy back in April:

"...our plan is to issue another Buffy set, with Alyson Hannigan autographs (and maybe one or two other "surprise" signers."

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now its going to be February, maybe. The month before GoT 6 drops. How many shared fans do you think there are between those two shows? I doubt I'm the only one, maybe there are a lot, maybe only a few. I don't know, but after all this delay there is no reason to put those two titles out back to back and make people chose between your own products.

Honestly, the Buffy sets will only appeal to the top 10% of the Buffy fans because of the price.

And GoT is probably more like 2 months between. But Rittenhouse is producing so few titles these days they have to get something out the door in the Spring.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Honestly, the Buffy sets will only appeal to the top 10% of the Buffy fans because of the price.

And GoT is probably more like 2 months between. But Rittenhouse is producing so few titles these days they have to get something out the door in the Spring.

Ed

At this rate Star Trek 50th II might come out in the spring. Big Grin

Yes they have fewer titles, more reason to spread them out and be able to get them out on time. RA seems to be having a few issues lately and I am not in any position to know why. Smile

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
FINALLY... Rittenhouse has posted details and images from the upcoming Buffy Collector's Set Series 2:

https://scifihobby.com/product...ireslayer/ultimate2/

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So it takes a five set purchase to get a sketch card and you get one autograph card and one of the five metal cards per set purchase, along with the 7 card montage. Last time I believe the sketch was a four set incentive.

A five set purchase also gets a "free" second set of the 5 metal cards.

Since there is a bordered and a full bleed Hannigan to one auto/relic of SMG, you might assume you are twice as likely to pull a Hannigan than an SMG, but maybe not. An order of 5 sets will get you 3 SMGs and both Hannigans. That seems to indicate the Hannigans are in shorter supply. There also seems to be a total of only 600 sets before allocation kicks in.

So I'm sorry, but I don't understand the teaser that RA put out about mystery signers and surprises. There are no surprises. As I said all along, this release is exactly like the last one, only maybe a bit more expense since they have added a fifth set purchase for the sketch and 5 metal character cards. I also notice from the ad that Angel is absent, probably had a problem showing certain actors again.

As a Buffy fan, and knowing other Buffy fans, I think a 50 card base set with one autograph of any of the more recognizable cast would have easily sold as a premium box. Not for $400, but maybe for $60. It would not have been hard to get nearly all of the main actors because they are signing in other products. If you want to high end SMG and Hannigan, that could be held as special orders with just a handful maybe seeded into the regular boxes. Sketch incentives could have been at a dollar amount.

What would have been wrong with that? Oh well, a missed opportunity to me, but I'm sure the sketches will be awesome again, given the artists involved.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raven:

It would not have been hard to get nearly all of the main actors because they are signing in other products.[QUOTE]

I remember Rittenhouse saying on their forum that they felt collectors did not want repeats of Buffy autographs that have already been made except for the very top stars. With all due respect, one could say that about most card sets. Do collectors really want so many repeats of all the Star Trek actors? Maybe some do, but most don't, which is reflected in their sale prices. So I'm not buying the "collectors don't want repeats" argument. It may be true, but it hasn't stopped them from having so many repeats in their other releases. In my opinion a full Buffy set by Rittenhouse would be more popular and sell better than anything they have released since the first Game of Thrones set.

Bottom line to me - I feel the one and only reason they're releasing these Buffy sets like this instead of making a full run is that these type of sets probably make them more money for much less work than a full set does.