Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/7227067046

April 21, 2015, 10:46 PM
Justice41
Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Not sure my Willow will sell. May have over estimated it's scarcity. It's my only AP right now and may be my only AP period.
April 22, 2015, 12:30 AM
MarcG
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Not sure my Willow will sell. May have over estimated it's scarcity. It's my only AP right now and may be my only AP period.

You have a Best Offer on it... I think someone will offer you something decent.

Sometimes you have to wait a bit... which stinks.

I think people are waiting to see what the other AP's sell for and then you should see more action.

April 22, 2015, 12:32 AM
MarcG
quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm:
quote:
MarkG I was not in anyway referring to any of your comments about copies you explain your opinions on that subject rather well.

I enjoy your posts and what you add to the discussion in pictures or words on this forum!

OK... Thank you!

Smile

April 22, 2015, 01:47 AM
Justice41
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:

You have a Best Offer on it... I think someone will offer you something decent.

Sometimes you have to wait a bit... which stinks.

I think people are waiting to see what the other AP's sell for and then you should see more action.

If it doesn't sell in the box it goes with the other non selling AP's. Thought for sure someone would want this Tarzan Frazetta recreation ap. But nope.

April 22, 2015, 06:53 AM
Kryten67
Hold on to your Price.......

there aren't many Sketches left...& not Many Willow ones that's for sure....... I know the Extra work you put into your ARs.

any Main cast should sell high.....

there maybe less than 20 Sketches left out there plus any ARs......

If you do wanna sell it on the Cheap....I'll take it........ LOL

April 22, 2015, 08:48 AM
Kryten67

Mine's getting decent offers....finally....

turned down a few on the Scott Rorie "Sweet"

way too low.......

Stick to your prices.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

April 22, 2015, 09:49 AM
MarcG
I agree... I think it is a waiting game now.

I bet you have a lot of Watchers on your AP Willow.

Someone will throw you an offer soon.

Good Luck!

April 22, 2015, 05:33 PM
Juelle Lou
I have to agree with everyone else, stick to your guns and just wait. It may take a while but I'm sure as they get scarcer and scarcer someone will offer a decent price.

Don't give up hope Roy!
April 22, 2015, 06:32 PM
Justice41
Heh I'm not worried. Like I said if it doesn't sell it goes into my box of unsold AP's which one day will end up in either the garbage or given away to some kid or nephew or niece. I don't stress this stuff.
April 22, 2015, 07:22 PM
SamIAm
When it comes to pricing I think it's not about the quality of the sketches that's not the issue here.
If all Buffy fans had millions all the sketches on eBay would have gone by now!
Every poster here would have bought them alone!
We as Buffy fans would love to own these sketches but unfortunately they are a little out of our price range for some of us.
I think some will sell at near premium prices in time.
As a collector from Australia a $1,500 dollar card is around $2,000 Australian for us.
So when we make offers that a dealer thinks is too low it's really only what some of us can afford.
I could fly to the US for $2000 and the cost of living alone is expensive enough and when you consider all the other collector markets competing out there you tend to look to spend your hard earned dollars on what you can afford.
Finally a higher priced card will unlikely be for investment but will just be a must have sketch for a collector.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SamIAm,
April 23, 2015, 08:03 PM
MarcG
quote:
When it comes to pricing I think it's not about the quality of the sketches that's not the issue here.
We as Buffy fans would love to own these sketches but unfortunately they are a little out of our price range for some of us.
As a collector from Australia a $1,500 dollar card is around $2,000 Australian for us.
So when we make offers that a dealer thinks is too low it's really only what some of us can afford.
I could fly to the US for $2000 and the cost of living alone is expensive enough and when you consider all the other collector markets competing out there you tend to look to spend your hard earned dollars on what you can afford.
Finally a higher priced card will unlikely be for investment but will just be a must have sketch for a collector.

Obviously the Sketch Cards have been for the most part... Priced High.

I think that a lot of the Sketch Cards deserve these prices, especially when there is such a limited number of them and the Quality.

But the recent Sketch cards that have started out at .99 Cents have sold somewhere between $150 to $350.

Which seem like pretty good deals to me...

A Recent Sketch Card that was listed with a Buy it Now sold for $700 (Faith) and one listed with a Best Offer sold for $442 (Gentlemen).

I think the Sketch Cards that feature Buffy will sell for much more...

As far as an Investment, I do not think collecting as an Investment at this moment in my collecting life.

I find it more as a hobby that I enjoy and it is fun to do.

April 23, 2015, 08:36 PM
SamIAm
Yes I also collect as a hobby but not knowing the sketch card market I don't want to overpay for any item I buy, that being said I don't think I have paid more than I should have at this time.
Anything I buy even outside of collecting I'm always looking at not paying more than the item is worth!
Again great sketches by all the Artists involved in this series and would love to be able to afford to buy some of them!

quote:
quote:

Obviously the Sketch Cards have been for the most part... Priced High.

I think that a lot of the Sketch Cards deserve these prices, especially when there is such a limited number of them and the Quality.

But the recent Sketch cards that have started out at .99 Cents have sold somewhere between $150 to $350.

Which seem like pretty good deals to me...

A Recent Sketch Card that was listed with a Buy it Now sold for $700 (Faith) and one listed with a Best Offer sold for $442 (Gentlemen).

I think the Sketch Cards that feature Buffy will sell for much more...

As far as an Investment, I do not think collecting as an Investment at this moment in my collecting life.

I find it more as a hobby that I enjoy and it is fun to do.

April 23, 2015, 09:50 PM
MarcG
quote:
Yes I also collect as a hobby but not knowing the sketch card market I don't want to overpay for any item I buy, that being said I don't think I have paid more than I should have at this time.
Anything I buy even outside of collecting I'm always looking at not paying more than the item is worth!
Again great sketches by all the Artists involved in this series and would love to be able to afford to buy some of them!

I understand you completely... everyone wants a deal.

I try to buy low, but when a card is limited or very rare, I might over pay a just a bit to get the card.

I think it is hard to put a value on collectibles... It is more of a what you feel about that certain item that might make you pay more.

I have always gone back and forth about collecting...

I love collecting but sometimes I really think I should stop all together and save my money and my mind.

But then an incredible Product comes out that sparks my interest and I get that fever again...

I have narrowed my collection down greatly over the years and that has made it easier for me to control my spending and sanity.

April 23, 2015, 10:25 PM
SamIAm
Yes that's exactly how I feel about collecting and operate pretty much exactly the same way when it comes down to it, if it's amazing I don't mind paying a little bit extra and I also try to slow down and then get dragged back in when there's something I can't resist!
Curiosity killed the cat, I'm that cat!
In response to MarkG's thoughts about collecting/ buying.
He nailed it beautifully!

quote:
quote:

I understand you completely... everyone wants a deal.

I try to buy low, but when a card is limited or very rare, I might over pay a just a bit to get the card.

I think it is hard to put a value on collectibles... It is more of a what you feel about that certain item that might make you pay more.

I have always gone back and forth about collecting...

I love collecting but sometimes I really think I should stop all together and save my money and my mind.

But then an incredible Product comes out that sparks my interest and I get that fever again...

I have narrowed my collection down greatly over the years and that has made it easier for me to control my spending and sanity.

April 23, 2015, 10:53 PM
Logan
A new Javier Gonzalez sketch has turned up...

April 23, 2015, 11:11 PM
SamIAm
Thanks Logan!

Finally a knew sketch for us all to see has turned up! Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SamIAm,
April 24, 2015, 12:09 AM
Juelle Lou
Yay! a new sketch. Thanks for the pic Logan Thumb Up
It's seems like forever since the last one spotted.
April 24, 2015, 12:37 AM
MarcG
Cool... New Sketch! Thumb Up

There are two Sealed Sketch cards on the bay still... Hopefully they will be bought and revealed soon.

Did we ever get a total Sketch Card Count yet of how many were posted either on the bay or by private collectors?

April 24, 2015, 05:44 AM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Did we ever get a total Sketch Card Count yet of how many were posted either on the bay or by private collectors?

Didn't Kryten say something about that he worked out there are likely 80 or so sketches were given out according to his calculations.
He posted about that back earlier in the thread.
April 24, 2015, 09:52 AM
MarcG
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

Didn't Kryten say something about that he worked out there are likely 80 or so sketches were given out according to his calculations.
He posted about that back earlier in the thread.

I wonder how many we have seen of those 80 or so Sketches?

I think we have seen or heard of atleast 60... I think???