Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join
 
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Most artists don't ask for very much on PSC commissions. The only time the price jacks up on a Commission is if it's an official Artist Proof card.
Eg. I sell my psc's for like 25 bucks but it's generic stock may not have anything on the back and the markers and stuff will soak through. Charge 25-50 bucks for a commission. Same art on an AP, $250 bucks. What you're paying for is all the late nights drawing and time away from family, artist supplies cramped hands and swollen feet and backaches from craning over a drawing table with a light in your face and stuff to get the set cards done


That being the case, maybe you should expect more mail now Mr. Cover. Wink
 
Posts: 7778 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Most artists don't ask for very much on PSC commissions. The only time the price jacks up on a Commission is if it's an official Artist Proof card.
Eg. I sell my psc's for like 25 bucks but it's generic stock may not have anything on the back and the markers and stuff will soak through. Charge 25-50 bucks for a commission. Same art on an AP, $250 bucks. What you're paying for is all the late nights drawing and time away from family, artist supplies cramped hands and swollen feet and backaches from craning over a drawing table with a light in your face and stuff to get the set cards done


That being the case, maybe you should expect more mail now Mr. Cover. Wink

Not Happening, I don't do Commissions or PSC's anymore. Not enough hours in the day to do both work and commissions no matter how much I may make. I'd have to give one up or de udder.
 
Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Just curious to see what people think...

What is a more valuable Buffy sketch card?

A Sketch with the RA Gold Seal?

An Artist Return Sketch Card?

Or it all depends on the artist and the subject matter?

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
Just curious to see what people think...

What is a more valuable Buffy sketch card?

A Sketch with the RA Gold Seal?

An Artist Return Sketch Card?

Or it all depends on the artist and the subject matter?

Hard to judge usually a return would garner more just based on scarcity as well as quality and subject matter These cards are a **** shoot so I'd say presentation of the cards will really matter. Look closely at those cards and when you scan or take pics look at the pic and make sure they look alike. Blacks should be black red should be red crank the contrast up a bit try to make the scans that you post look as close to the actual art.
This Card should look like my scans.

 
Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I even think my scan is abit washed out because that purple dress was a bit more purple.
 
Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
I also noticed that some artists are posting their Artist Returns on their sites...

Some have only 2 and some have 6... etc.


Do you have links, which artists are you referring to MarcG?


quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Hard to judge usually a return would garner more just based on scarcity as well as quality and subject matter These cards are a **** shoot so I'd say presentation of the cards will really matter. Look closely at those cards and when you scan or take pics look at the pic and make sure they look alike. Blacks should be black red should be red crank the contrast up a bit try to make the scans that you post look as close to the actual art.
This Card should look like my scans.


Wow Roy, the difference between the photo of your sketch and your scan is amazing, the colours really are very washed out!
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My scanner kinda flares up when a lot of white is present. So it always looks brighter but it's fairly close to how I remember the card. Oh That Xander card is one of the approved.
 
Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
I also noticed that some artists are posting their Artist Returns on their sites...

Some have only 2 and some have 6... etc.


Do you have links, which artists are you referring to MarcG?


Here are the Returns for Kristin Allen...

Kristin Allen Returns...

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Javier Gonzalez Returns...

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
I also noticed that some artists are posting their Artist Returns on their sites...

Some have only 2 and some have 6... etc.


Do you have links, which artists are you referring to MarcG?


Here are the Returns for Kristin Allen...

Kristin Allen Returns...


Javier Gonzalez Returns...


Oh, I thought you must have been referring to different ones since I already posted pictures of those right above your post showing the backs of the returns. Which is very helpful in showing those actually, it's good to know there is a clear difference between them.


And to Kryten67 , thank you for keeping track of all the sketches on your facebook page. Because of your work in tracking them down and people sending in their scans to you, it has been absolutely invaluable in seeing as many sketches as we have Thumb Up
And welcome to Card Talk Wavey
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Oh, I thought you must have been referring to different ones since I already posted pictures of those right above your post showing the backs of the returns. Which is very helpful in showing those actually, it's good to know there is a clear difference between them.


And to Kryten67 , thank you for keeping track of all the sketches on your facebook page. Because of your work in tracking them down and people sending in their scans to you, it has been absolutely invaluable in seeing as many sketches as we have Thumb Up
And welcome to Card Talk Wavey


I found another one the other day and now I can;t find it at all... I believe the artist had 6 Returns...

I am losing my mind, but hopefully I will find the pics of the Returns.

And I hope to find my Mind as well in the process... Confused

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Oh, I thought you must have been referring to different ones since I already posted pictures of those right above your post showing the backs of the returns. Which is very helpful in showing those actually, it's good to know there is a clear difference between them.


Sorry about that...

I forgot that you posted them already. Twak

Well, the Kristin Allen Sketches are a direct link to her FB page.

She is very nice and responds to questions asked.

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many sealed sketches are left, there's only one left on the bay at the moment and that has quite a high asking price.

Three of the previously listed sketches, one of Anya by Kristen Allen, Kinderstad by Tim Shay and Giles by the Glebe Bros. are now up for auction at a very low starting price, it will be interesting to see how much they go for.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Oh, I thought you must have been referring to different ones since I already posted pictures of those right above your post showing the backs of the returns. Which is very helpful in showing those actually, it's good to know there is a clear difference between them.


Sorry about that...

I forgot that you posted them already. Twak

Well, the Kristin Allen Sketches are a direct link to her FB page.

She is very nice and responds to questions asked.


No problems, I just got excited thinking I was going to see some new sketches is all, then a little disappointed when I realised they were ones I had already seen. Big Grin

And I'm really liking Kristen Allen's work, if nothing else I'm glad you posted that link just so I could see her facebook page. Smile
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Oh, I thought you must have been referring to different ones since I already posted pictures of those right above your post showing the backs of the returns. Which is very helpful in showing those actually, it's good to know there is a clear difference between them.


Sorry about that...

I forgot that you posted them already. Twak

Well, the Kristin Allen Sketches are a direct link to her FB page.

She is very nice and responds to questions asked.


No problems, I just got excited thinking I was going to see some new sketches is all, then a little disappointed when I realised they were ones I had already seen. Big Grin

And I'm really liking Kristen Allen's work, if nothing else I'm glad you posted that link just so I could see her facebook page. Smile


Thanks... like I said before... I am losing my Mind!

All of the Artists are great from the Buffy set and the ones that I have talked to online are Incredibly Nice.

So far Kristin Allen is in the lead for me... The Sketch of just Buffy that was on the Bay and then removed is still my favorite that I have seen so far...


____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay also posted one of his Returns on his Facebook page... He also stated that he will post all of his Returns when he gets them back...

Tim Shay - Artist Return

Tim Shay - Message about Returns

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have a Willow AR. some how they sent me one. Crazy.
 
Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
I have a Willow AR. some how they sent me one. Crazy.


I thought you received all of yours already?

I guess they missed it when they sent you the other ones.

Will it get the Scissor Treatment???

Ha Ha

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
I have a Willow AR. some how they sent me one. Crazy.


I thought you received all of yours already?

I guess they missed it when they sent you the other ones.

Will it get the Scissor Treatment???

Ha Ha

I sent those back to RA I think he mistakenly did it or felt bad about the situation. The cut up ones were all unfinished and 3 of them were not going to be approved by the actress. So it wasn't worth finishing them just to be rejected. see whuttamean vern?
 
Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
More Artist Returns are popping up...

Scott Rorie:




____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 73 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.

© Non-Sport Update 2013