Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So now that artist collections are being posted, does anyone know which, if any, were reclaimed as artist proofs?

Any scan with a seal was obviously released.

About artist proofs...

Do they have blank backs and they do not have the Rittenhouse Gold Seal on them?

And does the Artist get to choose which sketches they want back as AP's or do they only get to choose one or more?

Also, would an AP be one of the sketches that were released or would the AP be something no one has seen or could get as an incentive?

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened up this one.

Posts: 7 | Location: Milwaukee | Registered: April 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longroad45:
Just opened up this one.

Nice...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
and a new Roy Cover found...

HEYY!!! That was Supposed to be one of my Artist Proofs….

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kidding…. It originally was to be an AP but I wanted full uncut AP's, so I let it go. Wink
The cards a little brighter in color… like this.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tim likes Willow from the looks of things Smile
I'm looking forward to seeing he returns!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SamIAm
posted Hide Post
Yep that's my sketch thanks Roy for showing a better photo love that sketch also have the Dark Willow by Ingrid Hardy who was for some reason left off Rittenhouse and Allender's lists.
Could be more Artists we don't know about.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SamIAm,

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: April 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that answers the question of are there more Cordy sketches.

Maybe the Rittenhouse artist list listed Seth Ismart mistakenly in the place of Ingrid Hardy. None of Ismart's sketches have shown up. Has he commented about it?

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longroad45:
Just opened up this one.

Oooh, I love that Tim Shay Cordy sketch. The look on her face is classic Cordelia from the Buffy era.
Congratulations Longroad!

And welcome to Cardtalk Wavey

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SamIAm
posted Hide Post
Ingrid Hardy has just been officially added on to the Rittenhouse list of Artists on the website,cool.
Looks like Ismart remains but no other Artists added!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SamIAm,

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: April 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Kidding…. It originally was to be an AP but I wanted full uncut AP's, so I let it go. Wink
The cards a little brighter in color… like this.

That's gorgeous Justice, I love the vibrant colours!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm:
Ingrid Hardy has just been officially added on to the Rittenhouse list of Artists on the website,cool.
Looks like Ismart remains but know others added!

Thanks for the tip SamIAm, I really have to check the RA website more often.

And welcome to cardtalk too fellow Aussie! Big Grin

Picture of SamIAm
posted Hide Post
Thanks Juelle Lou, took those images with my IPad and they are kinda dull
Will try and take better pics, someone else placed them here so well done!
I think I have to learn how to add images here.
I have 69 approved/unapproved images to date from this release of Buffy sketches I have found so far from various sources.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So these sketches continue to amaze me. If only we had known! I think every artist who contributed to the sketch cards we are seeing should get a round of applause. Clap Clap Clap

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm:
Thanks Juelle Lou, took those images with my IPad and they are kinda dull
Will try and take better pics, someone else placed them here so well done!
I think I have to learn how to add images here.
I have 69 approved/unapproved images to date from this release of Buffy sketches I have found so far from various sources.

Please do! I'd love to see it, does it look as vibrant in person as Justice's scan?

Posting images easy, do you have an account for a photosharing site like photobucket or imgur or something like it?
All you need is to get the direct link for the pic and in the box that pops up for posting on cardtalk, there are 12 little blue boxes (smiley faces, url links, quotes, ect.)
You want the one 3rd from the right, the one that looks like a little polaroid. Copy paste your image link into the url and that should be it.

And I too have 69 as well, I hope we will all get to see the rest of the sketches eventually.

quote:
So these sketches continue to amaze me. If only we had known! I think every artist who contributed to the sketch cards we are seeing should get a round of applause. Clap Clap Clap

The sketches are really all outstanding.
I've never followed any sets with sketches before, is this normal?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There wasn't too much to know there, Raven. When they were ready to go live, I asked Steve immediately about getting 4 autographs to be able to get a sketch and was referred to the dealer list on the Sci-Fi website, a couple of whom I checked with who told me I could buy four autographs from them and then I would get the first refusal rights to buy the sketch once they'd looked at it and assessed it's value. Considering my aim was to get an auto and sticker set for a good price (something less than $400) by selling the other 3 autos and the sketch, I didn't do it as it was too risky. On the other hand, depending on the sketch, I might have ended up with the SMG auto free if I'd gotten a really good one. With some of these, I might've kept the sketch and the stickers and sold all four autographs, which really speaks to how nice this set is. It is one of the best ever issued thanks to the limited edition that allowed nothing but top artists. That is seldom seen in sketch sets, Juelle Lou, you can be sure of that.

These sketches were only available to retailers (fair enough, nice for them get a win once in a while) and now they are available to anyone with deep pockets. I don't feel one way about that or the other, it's just of the way of the world...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

The sketches are really all outstanding.
I've never followed any sets with sketches before, is this normal?

No, in no way is this normal. Sketches are just like autograph hits in that you have your common, your limited and your extremely limited, only its for artists. The best artists usually provide the best work in the fewest numbers. The trick in judging sketch products is to try and figure out what the average sketch quality looks like, because that is what you are most likely to pull. All the top tier artists included will do great work, but the number that they did may be very small. Even in high end sets that are going for well over $100 box, there is always quick, lazy, filler work that I would not even call professional efforts.

It happens because the product may require a large number of sketches and a small handful of artists may take on the bulk of the assignments. This is more work than they can handle in a limited period of time. So they repeat images and they put in a minimal amount of detail and time in order to meet the contracted number. The result is often a black/white pencil drawing that you might just as well throw out. These are not necessarily bad artists either, they just are willingly to put out inferior work and the card manufacturer is willing to put it into the packs. Both are to blame when collectors rightfully complain.

None of that exists here. All of these sketches are the cream of the crop and nearly of the major characters have appeared at least once, which makes me think that either the studio or the actors rejected any sketch that was not up to this fine quality. It is no wonder that so few sketches could be released, there are no fillers what-so-ever and that just does not happen.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
There wasn't too much to know there, Raven.

Yes and No. You have a different vantage point than I do. Even if I knew the quality of all the sketches it wouldn't have done me much good since I couldn't have gotten one from RA and I'm not sure if I could have afforded one from a dealer. So in that sense it probably made no difference for me.

But I hadn't heard that much about the sketches at all until the delay was blamed on them and I wasn't even considering this product beyond the pricing of the SMG autograph. I think many other collectors were doing the same thing because we saw no scans and were only getting vague posts about what characters were and were not drawn. So that's what I mean by not knowing very much and we still don't know what happened to knock down the number to only 100 some odd, beautiful sketches. I think some people might have contacted the dealers or the artists directly to reserve a sketch if they realized it would be this good.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I just wish someone did a Sketch of Giles in his sombrero... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Lol, I wish I had seen that pic. I haven't watched one minute of Buffy or Angel so I have no idea what's what.