Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted
Posted on the Rittenhouse facebook page:

quote:
AND NOW FOR OUR BIG ANNOUNCEMENT... Sarah Michelle Gellar has agreed to sign Buffy The Vampire Slayer autograph cards for Rittenhouse! More details on this in the coming months. Go crazy folks!

I think this is indeed big news and look forward to where Rittenhouse will be taking the Buffy franchise.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Wow! Holy frijoles! Hopefully they don't make these extremely limited, because that would just be mean.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't even realize RA had the Buffy license -- was that previously announced, or is that news too?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I think the license is news too Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Even though the show is over, my dissatisfaction with several recent TV shows has made me realize how much I loved Buffy. Looking forward to some great sets from RA - and autos from SMG and Allyson Hannigan.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does this mean new full Buffy releases or just an expansion set with her autograph as the centerpiece?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Does this mean new full Buffy releases or just an expansion set with her autograph as the centerpiece?

I'm thinking this might be the case.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have always said that it was just a matter of time before SMG started to sign official Buffy material. It is big news though and I think RA has the know how to put out a really good Buffy set, at least I hope its a full set.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I think there's still some subjects that could benefit from the Rittenhouse treatment - most notably The Quoteable Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Even if they only do one or two sets, I hope it's something a little meatier than just an update or expansion set.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I think there's still some subjects that could benefit from the Rittenhouse treatment - most notably The Quoteable Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Even if they only do one or two sets, I hope it's something a little meatier than just an update or expansion set.

Quotable Buffy would be the perfect set for them to do. I have a feeling they will start with a complete series, and then work on a few other sets after that.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, Buffy trading cards certainly have been charmed where on-card autographs enthusiasts are concerned.
With Rittenhouse acquiring the license, the franchise will continue to elude sticker autograph cards while finally adding the long sought-after official Gellar autograph (or two or five) to the roster.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any auto from the main 4/5 is going to be hard to find, and very expensive!
If I have the funds I'll look into boxes! Can't wait for more info Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
OMG! I have to call everyone I know right now...

I know what I'm gonna have to start saving for next year...

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping Rittenhouse is in this for the long run...

A "Complete" Buffy set first.

Definitely a Quotable set is due.

And you have the 20th Anniversary to look forward to as well.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I'm hoping Rittenhouse is in this for the long run...

A "Complete" Buffy set first.

Definitely a Quotable set is due.

And you have the 20th Anniversary to look forward to as well.

Ed

I'm with you on that- I did the math and Buffy is 17 next year...

Hope we get to see some autographs from actors who haven't signed for a Buffy set before (dependent of course on whether or not this is a full Buffy set or a premium type format)though I hope it is a traditional 24 packs in a box release.

and of course, hoping they also get Charisma Carpenter on board as well.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Maybe she'll sign all of her autographs this time with just "Carpenter", haha.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we're going to see full sets. I'm up for opening some Buffy boxes.

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Oh this is great news! My bank account might disagree but I'll at least get a few of the cards. Smile
I've had to rely on the new comics the past couple of years for my Buffy fix, so a new set of cards is exciting even if it's just an expansion. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Having lived through all the Buffy shows and collected all the Buffy card sets only to constantly be disappointed by SMG refusing to sign any cards for the sets or have anything to do with the show or it's fans am I the only person who is now thinking that SMG can stick her autograph, we are not amused. Twak Mad

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Val, you are too cute and funny but I hear you on this! Sorry Wolfie.....

quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
OMG! I have to call everyone I know right now...

I know what I'm gonna have to start saving for next year...

Val

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post