Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Tarzan: 100th Anniversary
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tarzan: 100th Anniversary
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
The current issue of Non-Sport Update features info on Cryptzoic Entertainment's Tarzan: 100th Anniversary series. In the meantime, we've learned more details about the series. Scott Thomas writes about this today on the blog:

Tarzan: A Centennial Celebration

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Looks like an interesting set.

They'll need to market it like crazy though, it's a very niche market product. Much like CBLDF Liberty cards were.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We were told at the Las Vegas Industry Summit this past week that this is going to be a San Diego Comic Con release.

Cryptozoic have acquired some relic pieces and also cut signatures as redemptions.

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Just so you know we just started posting some sketch card previews for this summers Tarzan set.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ersary-trading-cards

Enjoy!

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I like the subject matter of the chase cards. Wish that was more of what the base set would be.

Love most of the sketch cards that I've seem.

Hate how difficult the promo cards will be to find.

I don't see this set is reflecting 100 years of Tarzan.

Unfortunately too many strikes. I'm out.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was on board for 30 cards, sadly none of them made the cut.

Sorta bummed, as I spent alot of time on these. Yeah, not typical sketch cards, but I thought they turned out pretty neat. I had incorporated actual vintage pages from Tarzan books from the 60's into the card.

Oh well.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happens to cards submitted but not used? Do you still get paid?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
What happens to cards submitted but not used? Do you still get paid?

LOL

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Scott,
Beautiful cards, but why is the Tarzan logo so big? It takes away from the sketch.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
I noticed it has autos? Who will be signing?

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have some info about the Tarzan 100th Anniversary set on the blog today. Cryptozoic gave us several images of the Rhiannon Owens oversized sketch cards to show exclusively on the blog. The cards will be available via redemption cards found randomly inserted in packs.

Exclusive Preview of Rhiannon Owens Oversized Tarzan Sketch Cards

As Fred says in the comment section, Rhi's work is really amazing.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
This looks just great. I must say I´m impressed by Cryptozoic, they seem to come out with good products one after another, and reasonable prizes. I really like how this Tarzan set looks Thumb Up a couple of boxes for me of this.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Anyone else waiting on this one, I ordered 3 boxes of this stuff. I remember when we as kids went to town to see Tarzan at the movies back in the 70s, it was really fun back in those days. Late august I guess the release for this one, any news?

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Really like Tarzan and the promo given awat with a recent NSU was really well done.

Hope to be able to pick up a box. Smile

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
We have some info about the Tarzan 100th Anniversary set on the blog today. Cryptozoic gave us several images of the Rhiannon Owens oversized sketch cards to show exclusively on the blog. The cards will be available via redemption cards found randomly inserted in packs.

Exclusive Preview of Rhiannon Owens Oversized Tarzan Sketch Cards

As Fred says in the comment section, Rhi's work is really amazing.

Thank you very much, Harris and Fred Smile These were fun to work on.

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Even though there are some nice samples, this is one CZ product that I will pass on. I just can't shake the thought that this will do as well as 5finity's King Kong set (shudders).

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think this will be a much tougher sell for dealers than their other releases.Main problem is that there is no TV or film release to bring it to the attention of the casual collector.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
This is a cool set, made for the collector. The sketch cards we have seen look awesome, the promos look awesome.
I dont see why this wouldn´t sell, keep in mind this is a fairly limited set.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
I dont see why this wouldn´t sell, keep in mind this is a fairly limited set.

I'm willing to bet this will be one of the most limited Cryptozoic sets released. For all the reasons already mentioned, this set really NEEDS to be limited. If the quality is there, this could be a real sleeper.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think this will be a much tougher sell for dealers than their other releases.Main problem is that there is no TV or film release to bring it to the attention of the casual collector.

I agree, this set will be popular amounst those of us who grew up with Saturday morning movies featuring all Tarzan movies and actors. I don't thing Disney's Tarzan though more recent will inspire collectors to buy.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post