Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Galactic Files 2? In August?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galactic Files 2? In August?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
9 cards a pack is interesting. Since you'd only get 192 base cards per box (24 x 8 base cards), that'd be only 384 over two boxes which would mean it'd be difficult to finish the 350 base set even with 2 boxes purchased.

The first series had 12 card packs which made completing a base set from two boxes a lot easier. I wonder why the change. Maybe it's actually 9 card packs for Retail, but still 12 card packs for Hobby boxes.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
9 cards a pack is interesting. Since you'd only get 192 base cards per box (24 x 8 base cards), that'd be only 384 over two boxes which would mean it'd be difficult to finish the 350 base set even with 2 boxes purchased.

The first series had 12 card packs which made completing a base set from two boxes a lot easier. I wonder why the change. Maybe it's actually 9 card packs for Retail, but still 12 card packs for Hobby boxes.

My mistake. Still 12 cards per pack -- 8 characters, not 5.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That's good, two boxes should yield a set. And besides the insert card per pack, another 12 or so base cards per box are replaced by parallel cards, so there's about 250 base cards per box the way it is now.

In Series one, the last 110 cards seemed to be printed in lesser quantity that the first 240. That was definitely true with my two cases. I wonder if that'll happen again.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have put together a Facebook photo album of Star Wars Galactic Files 2 images. Included are pictures of the box, packs, sketch/autograph samples, and a chart of the hit rate odds.

Here is the link
https://www.facebook.com/media...&type=1&l=b5b1ad9b65

-Greg
Potomac Distribution

Posts: 21 | Location: Dulles, VA | Registered: September 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG! Han and Chewie dual auto card... *speechless*

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:

That's frickin' awesome. Metal

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Honestly, it depends...

IF it's two stickers stuck on one card. I wouldn't personally care for it. Confused (but lord knows I'd sell it).

IF it's two autographs on one sticker, that's a little better. At least they both handled the same sticker.

On card is really the only way to go. Topps should know that. They were able to coordinate sketchagraph cards. In a box that goes for $100+, you should get on-card autographs.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Topps has posted a Checklist

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about Luke and Leia dual auto on eBay.....asking price $12k BIN/BO Eek Eek Eek

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I will never pay that kind of money for a dual autograph.

It's very sad when you are not able to complete a master set anymore especially with Star Wars.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take two!!!!

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
How about Luke and Leia dual auto on eBay.....asking price $12k BIN/BO Eek Eek Eek

If you contact their agents you might be able to get them both to come to dinner at your house for $12K. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
Sorry if it's been answered already, but is Series 2 hobby only? I bought all of my Series 1 packs at retail, but I haven't seen any Series 2 packs yet.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post