Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kringle Kards
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay sketch cards

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did you see that story in the news last week about the mom who thought she was buying a princess wand for her daughter, which was apparently marketed towards unsuspecting kids ? Underneath the foil center, there was a hidden image of a demon girl slashing her wrists with a knife. True story. Not that it's the same thing as these cards, just saying that sometimes people don't know what they're getting when they make a purchase !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
First problem with your comparison: The item was sold at a dollar store.
Second problem: The packaging clearly said "EVIL STICK"
Third problem: Any parent who buys that item from a dollar store with the words "EVIL STICK" gets what she deserves. The mother should be chastised for buying that to begin with.

If you are going to compare something with the artwork depicted in these cards, then try to find a realistic item.

Tommy C, I hate to assume anything, but based on your comments so far, I would guess you have no intentions of buying these cards. See that's OK. You can't please everyone.
There is an old saying I learned from my grandfather. "If you don't like what's on the TV, change the channel"

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
what I read into the negative comments is
that some people may get a sketch they may not like
did I understand this correctly?
cause thats really the worst that can happen here

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
what I read into the negative comments is
that some people may get a sketch they may not like
did I understand this correctly?
cause thats really the worst that can happen here

Well isn't that really the worst thing that can happen when you buy any sealed sketch product? Big Grin

Seriously, the worst thing that can happen is that someone doesn't know what they are buying and gets something completely inappropriate for what they want. That's not what will happen with Kringle Kards. Breygent goes out of its way to show the sketches in the packs, especially on Card Talk. The product is very limited and not sold in candy stores. It is also obviously made for adult collectors, as is Vampirella and Dexter and many more I could name.

My previous comment was not a negative one at all, it was a suggestion that probably will be rejected, but I still don't consider it a bad idea. If I want a bad Santa, or I want a traditional Santa, or I want a sexy Santa, why can't there be pre-sorted stacks for the request. Remember when Supernatural Christmas had A and B packs so we didn't have to get duplicates of the same costume cards? Well that's kind of what I meant by labeling the style/theme of some of the Santa sketches inside the pack. It may be impractical or not cost effective now, but it could be an idea for future products.

As for negative comments in general, let me just say this one time. To have a discussion it is not always necessary to have opposing views, but it is a lot more interesting when you do. Wink It is not necessary to deem every dissenting opinion as wrong, or every post other than the most flattering, as critical or negative.

If you do that, people will stop voicing their true opinions and all we will get to read is "Wow these cards are great", "Oh I agree", "Oh I agree with both of you". Who needs that? Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, I saw the promos from the Philly show and thought they were very nice and creative. I will probably purchase the single cards for my collection, but not those which depict violence or which are "suggestive."

Even though there may have been 1970s slasher films with Santa, I think the vast majority of people still see him in a traditional light, and still see Santa as a figure geared towards children. After all, kids write letters to Santa, not adults.

My concern is only that someone may go to the Philly show with his 8 year old daughter (like I have) and buy a pack, not knowing what is inside. Unless you read NSU or follow these boards, you would have no reason to suspect that the cards depict adult material

For those who say the parent should research the cards first, I still say that Santa is primarily geared towards kids. Should a dad or mom be wary of a set of Mickey Mouse or Peanuts cards ? Is there any reason for one to suspect that a Disney card set may contain risqué elements ? Probably not. I honestly don't see the difference between the two characters.

I'm not in any way saying the cards are bad or discouraging anyone from purchasing them. Like I said, I think the traditional depictions are very nice

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Tommy C

I rather doubt at the philly show someone would buy a Kringle Pack at $50 pack and give it to their child

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Gary Kezele 5x7 sketch card

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay Kringle Kards 5x7 sketch card

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Rusty Gilligan Kringle Kards sketch

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Tim Levandoski Kringle Kards sketch

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Marcia Dye Kringle Kards sketch

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Tim Levandoski Kringle Kards 5x7 sketch

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Sabrina Zaremba Kringle Kards 5x7 sketch

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
KEVIN WEST Kringle Kards 5x7 sketch

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here is the 6 card base set for this series.These are 5x7 cards and will be numbered to only 42 of each card

1 5x7 base card per pack
1 5x7 sketch card per pack
1 5x7 promo card per pack

full information will be out next week

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
These are the 5x7 promo cards only 42 of each and numbered

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
18 Card Kringle Kard set
each pack will have
2 sketch cards
6 base cards
1 promo card (6 to collect)

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Kringle Kard promo set (6 to collect)
each pack will have
2 sketch cards
6 base cards
1 promo card (6 to collect)

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Norvierto P. Basio Kringle Kards sketch