Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Ebay EU VAT Charges
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay EU VAT Charges
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
Just purchased a sketch card from France i was charged €7 vat by ebay let's see what happens when it arrives ?

€7 VAT means the card should have cost €35. Is that correct? I'm always worried when a third party collects on behalf of a Government.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How about this news report

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55734277

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think i shall adopt my phrase " I can do without it "

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
How about this news report

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55734277

regards

John

The article reads as though it's a new thing with Royal Mail charging £8.00. It's not, just new for EU imports. This charge, or £13.00 for expedited post, has always been there for all imports outside of the EU. Admin charges are just another way of money-making as it is up to the company you're buying from. This, at least, should be on the original bill of sale.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an update on the card I purchased from the US on ebay with VAT charges. It arrived today with no additional charges and no fee to Royal Mail.

Posts: 29 | Location: scotland | Registered: May 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Today I also received a package from the US with no charges whatsoever, the seller completed the customs declaration with a value of $158 in very small print.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done John, you dodged a bullet there. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Many thanks Wolfie.

I hoping the other three packages I am waiting for from North America will get the same treatment. All of them were mailed pre Christmas. I have another posted this month that should get through OK as it is a magazine although its coming from Canada so I may have a long wait.

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think what is happening now is that both UK customs and Royal Mail are concentrating on EU packages because that's where most things are ordered from . They have not taken on extra staff so that means packages from other parts of the world that would previously have been spotted and charged are now getting through .

I have had a couple of packages from USA since Jan 1st that have arrived with no charges .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

I have had a couple of packages from USA since Jan 1st that have arrived with no charges .

Hurray, i love it when we win for a change. Dance