Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 2
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
I've seen this offered by distributors recently. It's suppose to be out a couple of months after part one. It has it's own binder with card.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else think a separate album is overkill?

And I feel uncomfortable also about one less Wardrobe card per box. Are we getting anything for are money in exchange?

I've felt uneasy about the season 3 release from the moment that the two parts were announced. It feel.....I don't know the right word or phrase, but it's overkill for the sake of profit IMO.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Tattoox, one binder should be enough since it was suppose to be two part that bring one final set.

I don't see why they will create 2 binders but noticed the mock up for the binder indicated Season 3 Part 2 Twak

Also Miranda from Cryptozoic mention 2 things on another board over 2 months ago and I quote:

quote:
Andrew Lincoln is signing for parts 1 and 2. There should be auto/mem for set 1; however, I haven't worked out the specific details for that yet, so I will everyone know once everything is finalized.
Shell casing will be cut up and inserted on standard sized cards, so not as redemptions. Should be about 1 per case.
There are a few more props that we have available, I will let you know what those are once we confirm how/if we can use them.
The stated 1:24 wardrobe is for CAST member wardrobe. And, early in product development I always err on the side of caution. There will likely be a WALKER wardrobe added (just like the last two sets), but I need to go through all the wardrobe and decide number of pieces and number of cards.
Release date has moved around a bit. We would like to get product out in time for the new season premier, but this just isn't realistic based on when we get assets from our licensor. That being said, even December would be a best case scenario, and, unfortunately, that just isn't possible. I got wardrobe from the set about 2 or 3 weeks ago, which is what is driving a lot of the schedule at this point. So, Q1 2014, but where exactly in there isn't for sure quite yet.

quote:
I just reviewed the latest round for the base cards for Part 1 and we are just about ready to submit for approval to the licensor.
The chase cards should come across my desk soon, and I think those will be cool.The design for the chase set for the Grimes family is a replica of the picture frame Carl takes from the restaurant. The designer did a great job and I think these embossed, shadow box cards will be really cool looking!
The Prison chase set has really cool foil-stamped barbed wire on the front, and I think that will look really cool, as well.
Other fun things are in the works, so keep an eye out!

It's an interesting concept but this set will cost $$$$ for a completist like me Frown

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Uppper Deck broke me of being a Marvel completest (minus parallels and gaming cards).

When a hobby becomes work and fun becomes frustration, it's time to quit. I'm giving it one more year.

With a friend becoming an UD dealer, Tom's fantastic Grimm set, and managing to get half of the hard to get cards that I told myself if I didn't have them by Christmas, I'm out....I'm sticking in this hobby one more year. Partially to watch the collapse in some areas of it.

BTW, I haven't seen a part one album. That's a little strange too.

Also, expect some delays on these. Eek

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tattoox:

When a hobby becomes work and fun becomes frustration, it's time to quit. I'm giving it one more year.

With a friend becoming an UD dealer, Tom's fantastic Grimm set, and managing to get half of the hard to get cards that I told myself if I didn't have them by Christmas, I'm out....I'm sticking in this hobby one more year. Partially to watch the collapse in some areas of it./QUOTE]

Big Grin That is a pretty honest assessment, however I do know exactly what you mean. But I must admit that there have been quite a few things going on in the non-sport hobby in the last couple of years that I personally have viewed as senseless, yet they have seemingly been embraced by a majority of collectors, rather than be rejected. So by that standard I must have been wrong. Eek

Sometimes the things you least expect are the ones that collapse first. Wink

Anyway, back on subject, I have been wondering if WD collectors have any reservations about dividing this set into 2 series? I think it could backfire if collectors don't lock into set 1. Would people want to buy set 2 if they don't have set 1? Would people want to start on set 1 if they know they will have trouble funding set 2 only 2 months later?

Any other title I would call it killing the goose, but so far WD seems to be mistake proof, so we shall see.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I also am forced to agree about the hobby becoming work and frustration instead of fun. Sad but true.

If I win $165,000,000 in the lottery my opinion will change.

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I feel that collectors like me who try to complete master set from those franchises (not counting all artist sketch cards in one set, base parallel, costume variant, etc) need to spend between $4.000 to $10.000 on average to complete a master set especially in movies and on Walking Dead. And even then, still missing about one card to complete a master set. Is there a market for those collectors?

With the recent releases I have started to stop collecting like Star Wars and now Thor the Dark World and the other Marvel Movies that will follow.
I wonder how people can manage that kind of money for recent gigantic card sets.

I feel sad to not been able to complete a Star Wars or Marvel movie anymore because of the recent gigantic card sets from Topps and Upper Deck. There are not possible to complete or almost not possible.

So yes frustration is becoming more the norm right now for me too.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With TV shows splitting up their seasons now ("Christmas break"), I think this may become more common, especially on sets like this where the clamor for it is rabid.

I've noticed it already in the DVD market... The final season of Breaking Bad wasn't released as a full season DVD set - they put out the first half, then later on the second.

The good thing is, you're getting more cards for a single season. If you look at it that way, it'll be one large set. I wonder if the numbering on Set 2 will pick up where Set 1 ends?

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:

I feel that collectors like me need to spend between $4.000 to $10.000 on average to complete a master set

Who would have thought you could persuade someone to part with this sort of money for a few bits of cardboard. I thought it was supposed to be just a bit of fun.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:

I feel that collectors like me need to spend between $4.000 to $10.000 on average to complete a master set

Who would have thought you could persuade someone to part with this sort of money for a few bits of cardboard. I thought it was supposed to be just a bit of fun.

I've seen sketch cards that sellers are asking nearly that HIGH for.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Back on topic.
The first part of this year will be quite interesting.

Reliable source says to expect delays.

I don't keep up with TBBT, but I believe the last release was not doing as well as the others. It will be interesting to see if a split release with fewer hits will have the same affect on TWD3.

Is there an artist list out yet for it?

posted Hide Post
I ventured into my local comic book store this weekend and was told TWDs3 was delayed till mid-March (Diamond).

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
ESTIMATED release date: August 20, 2014

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
ESTIMATED release date: August 20, 2014

Are these new dates official from CZE?
They don't hurt my feelings any. Smile

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
These dates are as official as they come. Straight from GTS, which is one of only 2 US distributors of CZE's trading card lines.

Now, how realistic are they? Let's just say I wrote them on the calendar in pencil.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
These dates are as official as they come. Straight from GTS, which is one of only 2 US distributors of CZE's trading card lines.

Now, how realistic are they? Let's just say I wrote them on the calendar in pencil.

Ed

LOL!!! Yeah, I saw that right after I posted. As of just under two weeks ago, GTS said that they still don't know about allocations. That it was obviously going to be a month or more out. Wasn't expecting this much. Maybe they should just wait for the next season premier.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
David Morrissey has been added as a signer for the part 2 set!!!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sco...153093906433/photo/1

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
They haven't even released set 1 yet and it's already May and the second set is meant to be released in August?

What a money vacuum this show is. I want to collect as I like the show, but too many people want it and there's not enough product to go around unless you're willing to fork out the big bucks.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post