Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Umbrella Academy Season 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Umbrella Academy Season 1
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Coming July 29th

quote:
The Umbrella Academy (Netflix) Season One Trading Cards - Full factory-sealed box of cards (24 packs). Each box includes 2 "Big Hits", featuring autograph cards, relic cards and/or sketch cards! Minimum of 1 on-card autograph card per box.

Autograph signers include starring cast members: Ellen Page (Vanya Hargreeves), Robert Sheehan (Klaus Hargreeves), Emmy Raver-Lampman (Allison Hargreeves), Aidan Gallagher (Number Five), Justin Min (Ben Hargreeves/Number Six), Cameron Britton (Hazel), Sheila McCarthy (Agnes), Colm Feore (Sir Reginald Hargreeves), Jordan Claire Robbins (Grace) and more!

Plus Look For Randomly Inserted Autograph/Relic Cards and Dual Autograph Cards

63-Card Base Set featuring all 10 episodes from Season One – 6 cards per episode. One base set in every box, too!

BONUS Sets Include:

7 "Then and Now” Cards (1:24 Packs), depicting younger and older versions of The Umbrella Academy;

6 “Heist at the Museum” Cards (1:24 Packs) showcasing artwork of The Umbrella Academy!

9 Acetate “Starring Characters” Cards (1:72 Packs) featuring the starring cast, including Mary J. Blige (Cha-Cha)

12 The “Quotable” Umbrella Academy Cards (1:24 Packs) detailing memorable quotes from the show’s first season!

14 Relic Cards, icluding screen-used costumes and props from the starring cast!

Sketch Cards drawn by leading industry artists!

Show had good buzz when it premiered.

Who's in for this one?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of it so not for me then.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think it will depend on how many Netflix viewers or fans of the Dark Horse series are interested. It sounds like a pretty typical storyline for the genre. I only know Page and Feore from that list of signers, so can't say there is much for me.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks promising. We enjoyed Season 1, and I think Season 2 starts sometime soon.

The autograph list looks solid -- actually better than I was expecting.

Looking forward to this release.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My wife and daughter are in. Hopefully they get 1 and 2 to sign since they got 3 to 7, so the whole family will be represented.

However the insert odds are painful.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I’ve been waiting for news on this one! It’s been a long time since a card set was announced that properly piqued my curiosity. I’ll be trying a box or two I think. Not sure yet if I’ll try and complete a set for it, but pleasantly surprised that they got Ellen Page to sign as well! It’s been a long time since I’ve added to my X-Men collection.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
My wife and daughter are in. Hopefully they get 1 and 2 to sign since they got 3 to 7, so the whole family will be represented.

I agree on the inserts, this seems to be the new normal for Rittenhouse.

I miss the days of getting one set in a box, but I guess that makes it as common as a base set. Not much chase there.

There has to be some middle ground though. Needing cases to finish chase sets isn't even good for dealers IMHO. Too few start the chase anymore, so there are fewer to sell the cards you do get to.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

I agree on the inserts, this seems to be the new normal for Rittenhouse.

I miss the days of getting one set in a box, but I guess that makes it as common as a base set. Not much chase there.

There has to be some middle ground though. Needing cases to finish chase sets isn't even good for dealers IMHO. Too few start the chase anymore, so there are fewer to sell the cards you do get to.

Ed

I don't follow inserts anymore -- even at these reduced quantities do they sell?

I applaud RA for trying new things -- (mostly talking about some of the other sets like the Star Trek set with all the quotes). They are trying to figure this out, which is great.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I will grab a single box instead of multiple boxes because inserts will be too hard to find. I don't have the funds to drop on an archives box (and it kinda takes the fun out of collecting) at at one setting. Off course I can wait. It only took me til last year to finish The Dead Zone and getting really close to Six Feet Under from Rittenhouse.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I don't follow inserts anymore -- even at these reduced quantities do they sell?

I applaud RA for trying new things -- (mostly talking about some of the other sets like the Star Trek set with all the quotes). They are trying to figure this out, which is great.

Inserts sell, but not like they used to. Plus, many of the bulk-breakers sell sets so cheap it's not worth chasing.

I did the math on these, because I've been thinking of most products in terms of video breaking lately (results currently on my Facebook and Website)...

With 24 pack boxes, there are:

• 2 "Big Hits"
  • 3 Inserts (4 every 3rd box)

Which means there are 19 packs with nothing but commons in them.

Now, from a video standpoint, nobody wants to watch that break happen. Especially not a case.

But even from the collector's perspective, if you get a case that is 224 packs with nothing but base cards.

Is that even fun anymore?

Ed

•  
    Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of mykdude
    posted Hide Post
    Great show! Super happy about seeing the Ellen sig card.

Would not be surprised to see Tom Hopper show up as he has been signing for GoT. Adam Godley signed for an X-files set some time ago.

Willing to bet this will be a low print run like Lost in Space.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
    Picture of Raven
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Now, from a video standpoint, nobody wants to watch that break happen. Especially not a case.

But even from the collector's perspective, if you get a case that is 224 packs with nothing but base cards.

Ed

I never understood why more card collectors didn't want to get behind the original "premium pack" or "premium box set" products of Breygent and others. They were cheaper, had the same number of hits and didn't drown you with doubles and triples of worthless base cards after you already made the set.

Yet card collectors didn't seem to want them, preferring traditional boxes/cases and spending all that time sorting and storing cards that they would only see as pointless accumulation later on. I guess its the collector's mentality to feel that more is better, but it's really not, and I think some new card titles and niche titles would fare much better if they came out leaner and cheaper in the old "premium pack" format.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Titanium Card Talk Member
    Picture of wolfie
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Raven:

I never understood why more card collectors didn't want to get behind the original "premium pack" or "premium box set" products of Breygent and others.

This format has become the norm for Unstoppable here in the UK. The sets come in a small box with a complete base set and the hits. No wrappers, no extra unwanted cards, no waste. Seems to be working well.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Ed

I can only speak for myself, but as a hit collector that's brutally boring.

I appreciate that the manufacturers are between a rock and a hard place. Many entertainment card collectors are extremely resistant to change.

I'd rather see some form of premium packs. I'd like to see no 'common' cards, but maybe a small 'set' of really cool premium cards -- like an 18-21 card base set that was *really* cool -- with some inserts on top of that, and obviously hits. I'd significantly cut down on the box size -- do like a 5-10 pack box where there are cards that you actually stop and look at in every pack.

That said I think I'm in the minority (at least on Card Talk). About 4 years ago I sold off nearly all of my common cards, and since then I throw away nearly all the commons I get from breaks. I haven't regretted it for a second.

Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    Probably should have used the existing thread for this Wink

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....5604453/m/5657055196

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Scifi Cards
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ravenheart:
    Probably should have used the existing thread for this Wink

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....5604453/m/5657055196

Yeah, probably should have. But this one is firmly set in a discussion now, so this is the one to use now.

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    I hadn't heard of it either and guessed that it was an offshoot of the Avengers.

Jess

quote:
    Originally posted by wolfie:
    I've never heard of it so not for me then.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Jason00
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by webjon:
    That said I think I'm in the minority (at least on Card Talk). About 4 years ago I sold off nearly all of my common cards, and since then I throw away nearly all the commons I get from breaks. I haven't regretted it for a second.

Same here - I kept a few Star Trek base sets I like (mainly the quotable sets) and the Star Wars Evolution sets, and the rest had to go. I know a lot of hard work goes in to the base, but I never look at them any more and don't have the room to store them.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Nicole_oncer
    posted Hide Post
    Love this show can't wait!

Posts: 29 | Location: The Netherlands  | Registered: March 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post