Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star wars illustrated
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star wars illustrated
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Interest and chatter seems pretty low for this release...

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was asked to do some of the sketchagraphs for the set which I was extremely excited to do. Here's a few samples of the cards.

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish:
Interest and chatter seems pretty low for this release...

Well I think this set should have been released as Star Wars Galaxy Series 8. Just think it would have made more sense since the Galaxy Series has a big following and after all this is an art set.

I have passed on all SW sets this year so far, something which a few years ago I though I would never do. I am not going to bust $80 on a box of anything anymore for the same old stuff. The base set looks nice but I can pass on everything else.

BTW Chris's sketches are amazing and should be a subset of there own, top man Thumb Up

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice work, Chris Meeks! Those will be popular finds in the packs.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I hope they cool out on their release schedule next year. I could handle an eight box case each for 2 products a year. A twelve box case each for 3 products in 5 months? I will have to start buying just a box or two per release.

And it's unfortunate, but every release has become the same old same old, even with Topps getting creative with the subject matter of the sets, with less value for the money on average.

Maybe I have just been collecting Star Wars too long.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Topps Star Wars Facebook 'Destroy the Deathstar' site is now up. After entering the codes on the back of the 12 Destroy the Deathstar cards, the site said I would receive a limited edition "Deathstar" card.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Nice work, Chris Meeks! Those will be popular finds in the packs.

Thanks! I saw a few of them on Ebay already. I'm shocked at how much they went for.

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Red Five,

I recall that the Star Wars set that came out in April/May had a similar deal where you entered the codes on Facebook and received the Darth Vader card

Did the Star Wars Galactic Files 2 which came out in August have an offer like this ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Red Five,

I recall that the Star Wars set that came out in April/May had a similar deal where you entered the codes on Facebook and received the Darth Vader card

Did the Star Wars Galactic Files 2 which came out in August have an offer like this ?

Jedi Legacy (in May) had the Facebook/Darth Vader card.
Galactic Files 2 did not have anything like it.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Remember those codes we entered on the Topps SW Facebook site in November to receive another card? Topps announced on Friday (from their SW Facebook page) that they were in the mail. I got mine in the mail today!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to getting mine!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I received mine a day after RedFive. I feel sorry for whoever had to hand write all the addresses on the envelopes.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My latest 3 Returns. Sold already.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Next 5 AR's still WIP.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post