Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Year Set 2017
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Year Set 2017
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Coming August 20 from Unstoppable

New preview sets, new autos, etc.

Says there are "100 deals, first come, first served"

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Turns out that there are several different Year Set offers, not just one. The details are rather sketchy (no pun intended)

Appears to be 4 different new preview sets, each limited to 150

Also, if you order the Deluxe deal there is an exclusive Saint autograph which won't be available anywhere else

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If I am reading this correctly, if you buy the regular Year Set for about $ 125, you get the 4 new Preview sets for Terminator, The Saint, Prisoner and Space 1999

But to get the Thunderbirds 2 preview set, you have to buy the Deluxe Year Set, which is close to $ 200. Frown

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Deluxe Set also has a brand new UFO preview set limited to 100.

So the UFO and the Thunderbirds are limited to the higher end set

The other 4 new preview sets are in the basic Yearset

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Deluxe Set sold out last night. Only regular ones still left 'In Stock' now.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone told me that he opened his year set, and that in addition to the 6 preview sets mentioned above, there were also two other new 4 card promo sets for UFO and Thunderbirds included.

They are black and white "proof" versions of the 2 new, regular preview sets. Not sure how rare they are

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

posted Hide Post
The four card UFO and Thunderbirds previews come with the Premium Factory sets.
So it looks like another set for UFO next year despite assurances that ser one was a one off.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, all the 'Proofsets' are meant to be limited to 1 of 20. According to the stickers. That includes the ones for the new preview sets (got one for the T2 four card year set set in my premium pack).

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So there is a PROOF set version for EACH of the 6 new preview sets ???

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Presumably yes. I got the T2 in my Premium pack and there are B/W proof/test sets, not round edged however, for Thunderbirds and UFO up on the Bay already.
Strangely the contrast on the b/w T2 set is much better than on actual set and shows far more detail.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking around, I see PROOF versions of The Saint, Space 1999, and Prisoner preview sets, as well

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
A few of the 1/200 preview sets are up for sale on the Unstoppable website, today only.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
DANG IT! I missed out on that 1-day preview sets sale - the time zone difference strikes again...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on your email, BILLZEE.
*wink*