Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Funky Dates NOW 2 SKETCHES PER PACK!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Funky Dates NOW 2 SKETCHES PER PACK!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted
Coming soon! Nearly 2 years in the making ( I had to paint 300 sketch cards!)
Watch out for further announcements.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NIK,

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You would have to be out of your Braiiinnnzzzzzz not to like these. Eek

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wolfie, much appreciated. Metal
Funky Dates trading cards are now live on Kickstarter. There are several reward levels ranging from 1 pack ( all packs include a sketch card) to master sets including original art used in the making of the cards. Feel free to go take a look.
Thanks for your time.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks cool! Good luck!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Webjohn!
FUNKY DATES UPDATE:
Trying to price a new card set isn't an easy task. This is my first self produced project and it's been quite a learning curve. Funky Dates was influenced by old card sets like 'You'll Die Laughing' 'Mars Attacks' and 'Outer Limits', and also by newer card sets as produced by Perna Studios (of who I am a great fan.) The project is now live on Kickstarter and needs your support. I feel I may have overpriced the initial cost of the packs so have reduced them to £24 from £30. Hopefully this will encourage people to try a pack or two.

What is Funky Dates?
It's an ongoing series of cards featuring weird characters in a humourous vein with their profile details on the backs of the cards. I've got some great ideas for future characters and want to bring other artist's on board for the next release.

Each pack contains a full color sketch card by myself. If this first wave gets funded then I intend to include sketch cards from some of the best and in demand sketch card artist's out there for the next series.

Here are some of the sketch cards in this first release. Please check it out on Kickstarter.com for full details of all the chase cards and inserts. Nik

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There coming to get you.. Eek

Run for your lives... Elephant

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Nik-

Looks like Kickstarter is still showing the old price.

Also -- here is the kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...-dates-trading-cards

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
WebJon thank you so much for spotting that. I had changed the prices in the graphics shown on the left and forgot to change it in the boxes on the right. All sorted now. Thanks again!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Funky Dates has now reached it's goal on Kickstarter.com and will be sent out just after the funding project ends. I'd like to get it out to a wider audience though so I will now be putting 2 sketch cards in every pack! If you buy a pack or a master set or a super master set you will now get 2 sketch cards! If you select the 3-pack deal it will now include 6 sketches! This of course includes the people who have already pledged. I'll be selling Funky Dates packs via other outlets later but this 2 sketch per pack deal is for Kickstarter users only. There's just over a week left to take advantage of this offer.

Nik

posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Nik!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm in, congrats Nik

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hammer and webjon, much appreciated!
Just 2 day to go to get these fun cards. Now with 2 sketch cards per pack! Check it out - Funky Dates on Kickstarter.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NIK,