Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Panini Americana 2011
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panini Americana 2011
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
Panini Peek: 2011 Americana (with Gallery)
March 10, 2011

The next red-carpet-ready installment of Panini America’s popular Americana trading card line is currently in production, with plans to release to rave reviews in early June.

2011 Panini Americana, a bona fide star-studded summer blockbuster, will deliver one autograph or memorabilia card in every $25 pack while each four-pack box will yield one Screen Gems insert, one Matinee Legends insert, one Prime Time Stars insert and one additional parallel.

Other featured attractions include:

Recollection Collection autographs numbered to 90 or less
Screen Gems Signature Materials numbered to 99 or less
Matinee Legends Super Stars numbered to 25 or less
Casting Call Quad Signatures numbered to 25 or less
Movie Poster Quad Materials numbered to 225 or less
Celebrity Cuts numbered to 99 or less
Cut Signature Inscriptions featuring the likes of Linda Hamilton “The Terminator,” Leslie Nielsen “Airplane” and more
Notable signers for 2011 Panini Americana include Pamela Anderson, Justin Bieber, Linda Evans, Selma Blair, George Kennedy, Jane Russell and James Caan. Also look for monumental memorabilia worn by big-screen legends as James Dean, Bettie Page, John Wayne, Charlie Chaplin and Marilyn Monroe.

Each 10-box case of 2011 Americana will deliver at least six headline hits from a stunning insert roster starring ReCollection Collection, Co-Star Signatures, Casting Call Triple Signatures, Casting Call Quad Signatures, Celebrity Cuts, Celebrity Cuts Combos and Director’s Cuts.

Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for as the 2011 Panini Americana storyline unfolds. For now, enjoy this trading-card trailer of sorts . . .

More details and cards can be seen here:

Panini Blog

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
The design looks like an improvement but for sets like these to be exciting (for me, at least) I want to see some new signers. Linda Hamilton cut signature? Um, I'll pass save for a few singles and maybe a retail base set (if there's one).

Razor's confirmation of Britney Spears autographs, no matter how limited, trumps these big time.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see a new Americana set! That's awesome. The design looks good too.

I'm not jazzed about buy back autos, and like Ryan, I'd really prefer to see more new signers. I think Linda Evans, Selma Blair, and George Kennedy are new -- the rest (the big names) are all repeats. Had to look up George and Linda though. . .

Jon

Posts: 5411 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I like the Dukes card shown. But I won't be buying any $25.00 packs!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not a great autograph lineup so far.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
I like the Dukes card shown. But I won't be buying any $25.00 packs!

This seems the same as the other Americana products so there may be a retail pack/blaster release too.

Of course a blaster costs only slightly less than a hobby pack and the 'hits' are typically a lot less desirable.

Posts: 5411 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post