Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Marvel Beginnings and free sketch cards from Upper Deck.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Beginnings and free sketch cards from Upper Deck.
 Login/Join

posted
This is excellent stuff:

http://sketchcardsaloon.wordpr...k-to-the-beginnings/

Richard Pace is amazing, and you can't beat free sketch cards.

Upper Deck is alive and kicking!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rian Fike,

Posts: 39 | Location: Miami | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
nice gesture, but i'm not on Facebook Frown

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

For a shot at a free Cat Staggs, it's worth it!

Posts: 39 | Location: Miami | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm on facebook, i;ll give it a shot. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a direct link to the Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/...ment/147393155320725

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

There isn't much that will get me to sign up for Facebook, a sketch card certainly won't do it.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jadams:
There isn't much that will get me to sign up for Facebook, a sketch card certainly won't do it.

A kindred spirit, who wants to be one of billions of friends! Thumb Up Big Grin

Posts: 10376 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I accidentally clicked a facebook link once and now have 4 ad media cookies that my computer and norton antivirus can't delete. I'm just saying... --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An interesting post from Upper Deck's facebook page:

"Upper Deck will have a surprise insert in 2011 Marvel Beginnings. It is an innovative trading card the likes of which has never been done before and it will have people talking in the comic industry and beyond. What do you think it might be? FYI, it is not a Vs. insert."

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:

"Upper Deck will have a surprise insert in 2011 Marvel Beginnings. It is an innovative trading card the likes of which has never been done before and it will have people talking in the comic industry and beyond. What do you think it might be? FYI, it is not a Vs. insert."

It better not be some sort of stealth Spider-man/Obama crossover. That was so 2008.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Upper Deck will have a surprise insert in 2011 Marvel Beginnings. It is an innovative trading card the likes of which has never been done before and it will have people talking in the comic industry and beyond."

one word: full frontal nudity.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Won't matter if non-sport dealers can't buy the product. We'll have to wait for the rippers to break it all and put it on eBay.

Ed
-yes, slightly bitter

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:

one word: full frontal nudity.

That's three words. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Upper Deck will have a surprise insert in 2011 Marvel Beginnings. It is an innovative trading card the likes of which has never been done before and it will have people talking in the comic industry and beyond. What do you think it might be? FYI, it is not a Vs. insert."

It's probably a regular old trading card that doesn't shimmer, lenticulate, have a sketch, autograph or piece of cloth on it etc.
They've probably forgotten that they made them like that... once upon a time. Razz

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't mind betting it's a hologram of the type you use with your webcam.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Upper Deck will have a surprise insert in 2011 Marvel Beginnings. It is an innovative trading card the likes of which has never been done before and it will have people talking in the comic industry and beyond.

Yeah right, alert the media. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10376 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I have the feeling it's the new type of lenticular process that allows almost HD depth AND full motion. This new process has only been used in the last few years on select movie posters. I've seen one in person, and it's incredible. If UD could put that on a card....!!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
If it's such an innovative card, why keep it a mystery? One would think it would boost sales of the product, instead of not announcing it and seeing if you can get people on a fishing expedition for something that may or may not be worth it. That's not a new marketing ploy. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jadams:
quote:

I soooooooo agree with you. Wavey

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mystery card is a piece of a real comic book, most of the books are worth thousands.

The other inserts here:

http://sketchcardsaloon.wordpr...eginnings-has-begun/

Looks good!