Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Leaf Acquires Assets of Famous Fabrics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaf Acquires Assets of Famous Fabrics
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
For all fans of impossible master sets:

Leaf Acquires the Assets of Famous Fabrics

Future Famous Fabrics releases will fall under Leaf’s ‘Non-Sport’ product line

Carrollton, TX (Dec. 18, 2013) – Leaf Trading Cards is pleased to announce today the completion of an agreement wherein Leaf has acquired the assets of the Famous Fabrics line from In the Game. Leaf has agreed to complete any projects already underway by Famous Fabrics and will then assimilate future Famous Fabrics undertakings into Leaf’s assorted “non-sport” line of products.

“I am very comfortable taking the groundwork laid by Famous Fabrics and further developing those brands into even greater value propositions for its collectors,” said Leaf President Brian Gray. “I have every confidence we can continue the creativity and innovation in a way that continues to push the limits of what has traditionally been provided in the marketplace.”

Dr. Brian H. Price, owner of In the Game and Famous Fabrics, added: “Collectors have spoken over the last three years and we hope that the NHLPA and NHL listen and allow In the Game a trading card license. We have applied for a license and based on the quality of products that we have introduced into the market in recent memory, I hope our licensing efforts are successful. Making this strategic move will allow our group to focus on our core business, which is hockey cards.”

Leaf’s control of the Famous Fabrics line is effective immediately.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
As I have seen very few Leaf non-sport products and virtual no Famous Fabric products, I'm not sure what, if anything, this means to me. Big Grin

But in general I don't think its a good thing to lose any manufacturer and it just goes to show how difficult it is to be successful in the current card market.

Whatever happened to Artbox? They just stopped after the last Harry Potter and are not mentioned anymore. What is PressPass planning to do next? How about the small companies that have put out niche sets lately?

I wish there was more news on CardTalk about the manufacturing side of things and what is happening inside the industry. Collectors would be interested, but we really have no way of knowing the thinking or the reasons why certain things can or can't be done.

Occasionally a company like Breygent responds with a real answer to a collector's post and I for one appreciate it. Smile

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Press pass produces several strong sports card releases. Is seems like they do a non sport set once every year or so. Press Pass did some really nice Elvis sets.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Leaf acquired these assets to get the inventory of cut signatures. Famous Fabrics was basically a cut-auto brand. It was sold off so In the Game would have the necessary capital to make a bid for an NHL license.

Leaf does the popular Pop Century sets and distributes Benchwarmer. They've dabbled in movie sets with the Mortal Insturments and the upcoming Vampire Academy.

Leaf is a small, nimble company. They can make a go at just about anything they set their mind to.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, Leaf has quite a broad range of innovative products. The latest Pop Century set is a non sport version of the Ace Authentic Tennis Secret Signatures releases with each pack containing one 8 x 10 signature.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post