Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    True Blood: Premiere Edition
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Blood: Premiere Edition
 Login/Join

posted
Rittenhouse updated their release schedule and this has a release date for 7/18/2012. Since it's called premiere edition like the NCIS set, is this going to be a premium pack release?

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anna Paquin signed for this set, according to an interview Steve gave with the guys on cardboard connection radio.

Cool.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:
Rittenhouse updated their release schedule and this has a release date for 7/18/2012. Since it's called premiere edition like the NCIS set, is this going to be a premium pack release?

No "Premier Edition" does not mean premium packs. Steve's on record as saying that True Blood will be a box and pack release.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of yorkbag
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if pre-orders are open yet?

Posts: 33 | Location: SoFla | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Posted by RA on facebook.

Alexander Skarsgård just finished signing his True Blood autograph cards for the True Blood: Premiere Edition Trading Cards due for release on July 18, 2012!

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, great design on that card!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far, it looks like the big three (Moyer, Paquin and Skarsgard) are signing for this set. RA also announced that Michelle Forbes signed for this set.

Can't wait for the full info to be released for this set!

posted Hide Post
I didn't have to wait long.

Found this information at a Retailer's website. I'm so excited.

"Every True Blood Premiere Edition box includes 2 autographs! Signers include Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Nelsan Ellis, Deborah Ann Woll, Jim Parrack, Todd Lowe, Carrie Preston, Kevin Alejandro, Allan Hyde, Michelle Forbes, Jessica Tuck, Mariana Klavenko, Lindsay Pulsipher, Brit Morgan, Lizzy Caplan, Melissa Rauch, Michael Raymond James, Anna Camp, Grant Bowler, Lauren Bowles, Dale Raoul, and more! The base set includes 96 cards, featuring plot synopses for all 48 episodes from the first 4 seasons. Bonus sets include 96 parallel base set cards (1:3 packs), 9 Quotable True Blood cards (1:12), 9 "Do Bad Things" cards (1:12), 6 "Black-n-Blood" cards (1:24), and 4 True Blood Shadowbox card (1:72 packs). Each case includes a True Blood Die-Cut Bottle card. Case incentives include a 3-case Kristin Bauer Autograph card, a 6-case Alexander Skarsgard Autograph card, and an 18-case Archive box!"

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
wow great autograph list

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome, but I'm really bummed that my two favorite characters are the 3-case and 6-case incentives. Kind of puts a damper on my plans to buy a case- I might go and get a box or two and then buy singles that I want now.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Awesome signers list, pretty much everyone I wanted to sign did.

I haven't put together a master set since Buffy ended, but I'm very tempted to go for it with this set.
I guess I'll start with a case and take it from there. Big Grin

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:
I didn't have to wait long.

Found this information at a Retailer's website. I'm so excited.

"Every True Blood Premiere Edition box includes 2 autographs! Signers include Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Nelsan Ellis, Deborah Ann Woll, Jim Parrack, Todd Lowe, Carrie Preston, Kevin Alejandro, Allan Hyde, Michelle Forbes, Jessica Tuck, Mariana Klavenko, Lindsay Pulsipher, Brit Morgan, Lizzy Caplan, Melissa Rauch, Michael Raymond James, Anna Camp, Grant Bowler, Lauren Bowles, Dale Raoul, and more! The base set includes 96 cards, featuring plot synopses for all 48 episodes from the first 4 seasons. Bonus sets include 96 parallel base set cards (1:3 packs), 9 Quotable True Blood cards (1:12), 9 "Do Bad Things" cards (1:12), 6 "Black-n-Blood" cards (1:24), and 4 True Blood Shadowbox card (1:72 packs). Each case includes a True Blood Die-Cut Bottle card. Case incentives include a 3-case Kristin Bauer Autograph card, a 6-case Alexander Skarsgard Autograph card, and an 18-case Archive box!"

Sweet merciful maplechips that is a huge list. Thanks Marvel Morris for the info.

Love the look of the autos.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Amazing list Eek Big Grin

I'm definitely looking forward to this set, It's so good to see most of the main cast sign, esp the main 3 Clap

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
Posted by RA on facebook.

Alexander Skarsgård just finished signing his True Blood autograph cards for the True Blood: Premiere Edition Trading Cards due for release on July 18, 2012!

Does anyone know whether all of the autograph cards will be in this format, or if this is just a special autograph as the 6-case incentive? In particular, I’m wondering whether they will be landscape or portrait and whether they will be b/w or color. Thanks in advance for info any of you may have!

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
they will not all be like the one shown

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
they will not all be like the one shown

By "not all", would that mean only a few of the autos are like this, or maybe this is a parallel to a regular version of the auto, or could it be just the incentives look like this?

I think I'd like it if this style was a parallel that was a "case hit" (not a case topper). Get every actor to sign 25 or so and that would be enough for 1 per case.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I was just told they would not all be in that style
I do not know more
i prefer vertical autographs myself

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
I was just told they would not all be in that style
I do not know more
i prefer vertical autographs myself

I agree! While I find the layout of the landscape autographs more visually appealing, I like to display my cards in wall-mounted cases, and the landscape cards take up more room so I can’t display as many of them per case.

I hope that all of the autographs for this set have a portrait version of the cards. I also prefer to have the style of the cards match, and many (or most) of the actors/characters for this set don’t have promo shots that would match the Skarsgard card.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I personally like the style and landscape format so I won't mind if they are all like the Skarsgard. I also want them that way so they can match if I do a display for them.

Above all else though, I'm hoping that there is only one version of each auto for this release. Game of Thrones is looking like it will be a best to collect, and I'd like some good autos to be saved for the next release. Also, this way I can still have a pretty good shot at pulling a big auto from some box purchases, as I can't really afford a case right now!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
I personally like the style and landscape format so I won't mind if they are all like the Skarsgard. I also want them that way so they can match if I do a display for them.

Unfortunately, they can't all match if they are like the Skarsgard card. The picture is from a Season 2 promo, and they only made similar promo portraits for 10 of the actors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: madcollector,