Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    True Blood: Premiere Edition
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Blood: Premiere Edition
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
What do the Bordered autos look like, would it be possible for you to post a link?

So the ones shown on the ad sheet with the blood dripping are the full bleed(pun intended Smile) versions?.

this one above is bordered, the Paquin in previous page is full bleed

Oh, that's even better! because I really like that other Anna Paquin auto.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Courtney Ford as Portia Bellefleur True Blood Bordered autograph card. Is this an error card, or does RA send cards to sign with an extra white border at the top and bottom and then cut them to size when they're returned?

CourtneyFordTBAC by bigmike2738, on Flickr

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
they cut them after receiving them signed
thats why they always have sharp corners

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's amazing that they do that and a fantastic idea, I wonder if they started doing that because the actors weren't being as gentle with the cards as we are or would want them to be Smile
Or do all companies do that these days?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Full checklist is up at RA, 27 different pack inserted autographs. Interesting to see they all seem to be of just 1 type, the dripping blood version. I wonder whatever became of the full bleed and black background signed in silver versions? (I personally would have liked to see the black cards as a 1 per case hit, not a case topper but a pack inserted bonus hit. With 27 signers if they all signed 25 black cards they could easily get enough for 1 per case. Crytozoic seems to have hit on something with 1 per case hits and really tough redemptions, a lot of collectors like the chase rather than having everything handed to them in 1 case, even if it can be tough sometimes).

http://rittenhousearchives.com...cklist.cfm?SetID=262

Autograph Cards (1:12 packs)

Anna Paquin as Sookie Stackhouse
Jessica Tuck as Nan Flanigan
Mariana Klaveno as Lorena
Kevin Alejandro as Jesus Velasquez
Marshall Allman as Tommy Mickens
Lindsay Pulsipher as Crystal Norris
Lauren Bowles as Holly Cleary
Allan Hyde as Godric
Adina Porter as Lettie May Thornton
Don Swayze as Gus
Michael Raymond James as Rene Lenier
Stephen Moyer as Bill Compton
Lizzy Caplan as Amy Burley
Brit Morgan as Debbie Pelt
Raoul Trujillo as Longshadow
Melissa Rauch as Summer
Dale Raoul as Maxine Fortenberry
Grant Bowler as Cooter
Anna Camp as Bethany Van Nuys
Courtney Ford as Portia
Dan Buran as Marcus Bozeman
Jim Parrack as Hoyt Fortenberry
Michelle Forbes as Maryann Forrester
Deborah Ann Woll as Jessica Hamby
Nelsan Ellis as Lafayette Reynolds
Todd Lowe as Terry Bellefleur
Carrie Preston as Arlene Fowler

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Great auto line up, I was especially excited to see that Lizzy Caplan signed Clap but I'm pretty disappointed that Joe Manganiello isn't on that list Shake Head

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a little disappointed that they went with that design. I really liked the full bleed auto I saw of Anna Paquin.

I am glad they decided not to go with the black background silver auto design though.

And I like that all the autos are vertically arranged.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I will guess that some full bleeds will be added last minute
like the Game Of Thrones set

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:

I don't care what they do, but it would be nice if Rittenhouse explained why there are three different versions of (at least some) of the autograph cards and whether any of the alternate versions will be in the upcoming release so I know what, if anything, to pre-order. I don't know if this lack of communication is supposed to build interest, but I just find it frustrating.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
quote:

I don't care what they do, but it would be nice if Rittenhouse explained why there are three different versions of (at least some) of the autograph cards and whether any of the alternate versions will be in the upcoming release so I know what, if anything, to pre-order. I don't know if this lack of communication is supposed to build interest, but I just find it frustrating.

It's well known that Steve at Rittenhouse will get an actor to sign more than one card once they agree to sign. Either for other properties or for future sets.

I would guess the full bleeds are for a future release so you can have your Anna Paquin autograph without Rittenhouse having to pester her again to sign. Recent examples would be Warehouse 13 and Game of Thrones. It would seem for Game of Thrones that they needed to make a few more boxes, so both formats got used on several characters.

Now, the Black with silver autograph cards have me stumped. I wouldn't put it past Steve to get a third card signed, but why such a drastic departure with a complete different orientation?

We'll probably have to wait to find out. It's not lack of communication if RA does not want to tell people what is coming next year. Compared to some other companies we are spoiled with the information and interaction we do get.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's amazing that they do that and a fantastic idea, I wonder if they started doing that because the actors weren't being as gentle with the cards as we are or would want them to be Smile
Or do all companies do that these days?

They've been doing it for at least 12 years, as the unsigned Elizabeth Allen Twilight Zone Series 1 cards that her nephew was selling from her estate a few years back had not only the extra cardage to the top and bottom, but also to the sides. In one case, the Antionette Bower auto from that same series, it kind of backfired as with her long name she signed off the sides of the card and once cut down to correct size, a little bit of her signature is missing on many of her cards.

With the True Blood, I think it's crucial to have the bit extra since the corners are all black and would show any wear pretty easily.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great auto line up, Clap but I'm pretty disappointed that Joe Manganiello isn't on that list Shake Head

Agreed Juelle Lou. Also no Sam Merlotte, that just doesn't seem right. He is one of my favs. But these make me super happy Bouncey

Kevin Alejandro as Jesus Velasquez
Marshall Allman as Tommy Mickens
Michael Raymond James as Rene Lenier (loved him in Terriers)
Grant Bowler as Cooter

Really and truely I am just glad to have any True Blood set at all.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Now, the Black with silver autograph cards have me stumped. I wouldn't put it past Steve to get a third card signed, but why such a drastic departure with a complete different orientation?

Ed

Perhaps the answer lies in the sports card realm. Black autographs are all the rage right now. Maybe the idea is to translate it over, much like the Shadowbox cards.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
We'll probably have to wait to find out. It's not lack of communication if RA does not want to tell people what is coming next year.
Ed

Fine, but then why post pictures of the variant cards on RA's Facebook page? It just raises a lot of questions concerning the current (and possible future) sets.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
RA said on their facebook page that the black skarsgard is for a future release.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

Perhaps the answer lies in the sports card realm. Black autographs are all the rage right now. Maybe the idea is to translate it over, much like the Shadowbox cards.

I started the trend with the black and silver and then moved on to the black and gold. Now I am on to the white and green =)

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A dealer pre-selling a master set is saying there will be 11 additional duplicate autographs in the full-bleed style (similar to Game of Thrones). I have no idea if that's fact though.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
A dealer pre-selling a master set is saying there will be 11 additional duplicate autographs in the full-bleed style (similar to Game of Thrones). I have no idea if that's fact though.

I seriously hope not. The extras were not a positive on Game of Thrones.

Plus, once you release a checklist you shouldn't add 11 more autos. Not fair to people who ordered what they thought they needed for the set.

We'll see. I think Steve posted on their message board that the only autos in this set would be the bloody logo style.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Now I'm less sure...

Looked on RA's site and Steve said there would just be one style "of Anna's autograph" in the set. Nothing about anyone else. Shake Head

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well jrcomic is preselling a True Blood master set with 38 autos, and he states that the 11 repeat signers are full bleed versions.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post