Apparently Topps is releasing a card set for the TV show in October

An internet search has revealed some info on it

100 Base Cards
- Base Card Parallels
- 20 Character Cards
- 10 Character Stickers
- 20 Scene Stickers
- Autograph Cards

1 Commemorative Patch Card per Value Box Guaranteed!
May 30, 2018, 11:40 AM
TC00
Clap Yes! Super excited for this set. Can't wait to get a box. Bouncey

June 05, 2018, 04:50 PM
Logan
Spotted this on Blowout... Clap Bouncey

June 05, 2018, 08:36 PM
TC00
Awesome. Looks like they're going to do the set 80s style too Bouncey
June 05, 2018, 10:09 PM
Ryan Cracknell
Here are the details: https://www.beckett.com/news/2...hings-trading-cards/

No word of autographs/patches/sketches per box.

They're going all-in on the old-school with card stock like they've used in Star Wars/Indiana Jones Heritage. And a couple of different sets of stickers.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
June 07, 2018, 06:16 PM
TC00
This is great. Thanks for sharing Ryan. Wish they'd included sticks of gum though to make it totally retro. They did it with the Indiana Heritage series, which I bought when it was out new and gum tasted pretty good too. Thumb Up
June 07, 2018, 06:20 PM
TC00
Does this mean PARALLEL AUTOGRAPHS? And do the colours refer to the card boarders/design or signature ink?

"Autographs lead the premium insert chase. Besides the regular versions, these have Orange (/99), Green (/50), Purple (/25), Blue (/10) and Gold (1/1) parallels."

Super stoked for this set but the amount of parallels as 'chase' cards and extremely low number runs (1/1 or #/10) on hits is a bit depressing to say the least Shake Head
June 08, 2018, 03:40 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Does this mean PARALLEL AUTOGRAPHS? And do the colours refer to the card boarders/design or signature ink?

"Autographs lead the premium insert chase. Besides the regular versions, these have Orange (/99), Green (/50), Purple (/25), Blue (/10) and Gold (1/1) parallels."

Super stoked for this set but the amount of parallels as 'chase' cards and extremely low number runs (1/1 or #/10) on hits is a bit depressing to say the least Shake Head

Auto colors are likely borders. Topps has not resorted to the colored ink gimmick yet.

Yes, it's loaded with parallels. But honestly if you don't like parallels, just ignore them. Unless you hit a 1/1 then run out and sell the thing.

The only thing that is really going to be tough is any dual or triple, being numbered to 10.

And to comment on the gum reference from the previous post...

Topps is not likely to do gum any longer. Adding gum to the product makes it a food product and requires special handling including nutrition labels and "best by" dates. It complicates things greatly in the current world of food products.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

June 09, 2018, 04:44 PM
TC00
Yeah I guess food industry cross over never occured to me. Thanks Ed.
August 07, 2021, 12:22 PM
Raven
Just popped this old thread back up to say that after dangling Season 4 of Stranger Things for many months, Netflix has finally stated that the new season won't come out until some time in 2022. The show runners had originally said that Stranger Things would end in 4 or 5 seasons, but it isn't known if 4 is a wrap.

I think 4 has already been completed, but if they intend to do 5, those kids will have outgrown the timeline of the show. Which is the problem for card makers in taking the risk of getting licenses for these limited episode streaming shows. Stranger Things was very hot and now its been too long and its gone cold. COVID was an unexpected thing, but other shows have managed to stay in production and continue with little disruption.

Stranger Things should have made for good cards and TOPPS got out a sort of decent first set, but I barely heard about Season 2's cards and I don't know if Season 3 is even planned. The card maker is getting no help from the show this way. If Ryder ever signed it would be a big boost, but Brown is the only real draw right now. I think something good could still be done if the show comes back strong, but the longer they wait the more the audience moves on to other things. Shows like Game of Thrones are the exception to the rule for card makers.
August 08, 2021, 06:36 AM
Scifi Cards
I don't think anyone has the card license any longer.

Topps made the 3 sets, and then did a sticker dump product online with just autos.

So unless someone else was planning on picking it up, I doubt we'll see a season 3 or 4 set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

August 08, 2021, 12:03 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I don't think anyone has the card license any longer.

Topps made the 3 sets, and then did a sticker dump product online with just autos.

So unless someone else was planning on picking it up, I doubt we'll see a season 3 or 4 set.

Ed

Geez, that must have been some short term license, the show premiered in 2016 and the first set only appeared in 2018.

Or perhaps TOPPS terminated early because it didn't sell well enough for them. I really haven't heard about much collector interest in anything other than the Brown autographs. The thread that was started on Card Talk for the Season Two cards never had a single response, so if anybody was looking for them they never said it here. Wink

Nevertheless eBay has quite a few pages on the Stranger Things autograph cards and some of the young cast members besides Brown have high asking prices. Probably too high. Many are for those foolish limited numbered parallel cards that really are meaningless to a lot of collectors.

I would say that there are certainly a few of these younger actors with potential, but of course its a risk as to whether or not they will even have a career later on. Its always iffy for child actors who may be great for their age, but may not be able to perform well once they reach the higher skill level of an adult. Brown herself has been in the Godzilla films and is going for a career so she has the biggest profile so far, but I think the jury is still out and her autographs are a gamble at their prices. I find her annoying and a lot better when Eleven wasn't talking very much, but that's just me. Big Grin

Anyway I do think that the Stranger Things autograph checklist is worth watching and worth picking up the younger stars if the prices are reasonable. I'm sorry to hear that the license is gone, but if there are no more cards coming that at least caps the quantity at where it is now.
August 09, 2021, 09:16 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
The Season 2 set was a much stronger release than Season 1, not sure how it could've gone unnoticed. There were issues with missing hits in Season 1, if I recall.

Season 3 was a pretty big hit, and while I agree interest has cooled, a strong Season 4 can easily renew interest. Fans of the show REALLY love it.
August 09, 2021, 10:32 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
The Season 2 set was a much stronger release than Season 1, not sure how it could've gone unnoticed. There were issues with missing hits in Season 1, if I recall.

Season 3 was a pretty big hit, and while I agree interest has cooled, a strong Season 4 can easily renew interest. Fans of the show REALLY love it.

Yeah I like the show too, but for some reason I never got any cards. I think I might have thought Season 1 cost too much for the ratio of a good hit and I don't believe my LHS carried Season 2.

I was surprised to hear TOPPS isn't making any more. They could have easily produced a Season 3 set, which makes me think it didn't do well for them. Maybe they thought there was a big retail business in it for them and they weren't really satisfied with just selling to the hobby. This is TOPPS, not RA.

But even on our side of it, this thread was not used since June 2018 until I posted again. The Season 2 thread was created in November 2018 before the cards were released and didn't get a single reply. If there are many Stranger Things card collectors here they certainly didn't rave about them, or even recommend them. Sealed boxes are still available and lots of autographs are on eBay. So I don't know about going unnoticed, but only the Brown signatures seem to be in demand.

Maybe talking about them will spur some interest, but if no one picks up the remaining seasons it will be relegated to an incomplete run and that won't help either.
July 06, 2022, 05:22 PM
Raven
Just pulled up this old thread because there doesn't seem to be enough interest here to start a new one. Cards for "Stranger Things" have stopped at the hardly released Season 2. It's taken so long to even get to Season 4, with a split on the last 2 episodes no less, to see where no card maker could do much with this license, if they had it. Seems like a real disadvantage for some of these streamers.

Anyway, I'm wondering how many people have stuck with it and what you thought of Season 4, if you saw it.

Without spoilers, my own impression is that its lost its charm and has become tedious in its chaos. I thought the best ending would have been to leave the story where it was in the finale of Season 2. Season 3 was slow for most of the set up, but did manage to pick up well enough at least for a big fight in the last episodes. I was disappointed in Season 4 all the way through and wandered away a few times. The set up looks to be the for the last season and that's good because I think the story has lost whatever sense it had and is just copying twists that aren't twists anymore. Another good series that doesn't know how to wrap up and fizzled out instead.

Thoughts?
July 07, 2022, 02:35 AM
mykdude
I picked up a case of the first Topps set and overall wasn't too crazy about it. An 80's style retro idea is cool as long as you don't use all of the worst ideas from the 80's style. As far as autographs Topps did a decent job. Except for no Winona, Natalie and Charlie collectors had the opportunity to catch most of the main cast. Not to mention value potential in the possibilities of future careers.

I have not had a chance to watch the final two yet. So far the whole Russia thing has zero plausibility. Just getting there is a lot to take in, especially in an end of Hawkins time crunch. I think it suffers a little from Matrixosis in that once it goes from a question to an answer we find the answer is a bit stupid.

I do like the characters though and Eddie definitely brings back memories of my metal head D&D youth. Metal

July 09, 2022, 11:44 PM
chesspieceface
For those who did collect the Topps Stranger Things autographs, this latest season provided a couple of new characters who had signed for a previous set (Rittenhouse Game of Thrones) and whose cards can now be added to ST collections. These were Enzo, the Russian guard who helped Hopper and Eddie, the guitar playing Hessian hero.

July 10, 2022, 05:18 AM
mykdude
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
For those who did collect the Topps Stranger Things autographs, this latest season provided a couple of new characters who had signed for a previous set (Rittenhouse Game of Thrones) and whose cards can now be added to ST collections. These were Enzo, the Russian guard who helped Hopper and Eddie, the guitar playing Hessian hero.

Those Josiph Quinn cards have certainly shot up! Crazy I didn't realize he was nearly 30 years old.

August 05, 2022, 09:08 PM
samauto
Hi Guys, If anyone is keen on cards from Season 1 (sealed box, sealed packs or base set etc), I have a few available.

Cheers Pete

August 16, 2022, 05:48 PM
Curler
I enjoyed Season 4 and would like to see Rittenhouse do sets for seasons 3 and 4.