Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
The showrunners wanted out and they just ruined the end of that show to me. And it was such a great show up until that point. Shake Head

They rushed it to get to Star Wars, and it was all for nothing when they were fired from that.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
18000 boxes was too much but to put it into perspective this was not a high-end product but a mid-level product.
Regular season releases are up to 12,000 boxes of 24 packs. That is 288,000 packs of boxes that have two autographs and a bunch of those packs are just base cards.
This product is 18,000 boxes of 8 packs. That is 144,000 packs of boxes that have two autographs and all the other packs has an insert, parallel, relic, etc. No packs of just base cards.
High end set like Valyrian Steel was 8,000 boxes of 3 packs. That is 24,000 packs where every pack had a big hit and then a mix of base, inserts and parallels on top of that.

12,000 boxes would have been a good number. No clue what the dealer price was and if this was inflated from the beginning like a lot of product has been this last 12 months.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect that this has been a high run, high priced product to pay the ransom Clarke demanded. I suspect Series 2 will be the same and we will see a couple of dual autographs from her to justify the price tag.

Posts: 29 | Location: scotland | Registered: May 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have already said that the Clarke duals will show up in Iron 2, if they exist. So will Harrington's inscriptions, but Iron seems less a cash grab because you are getting a chance at a Clarke signature, which is worth something after all, and more an end dump to me.

I have opened my boxes and saw a majority number busted from the same case now. I saw no significant hits pulled and there were only a couple above common level. Perhaps it was just a bad case or we missed the big boxes, but Complete had what seemed like alternating dual autograph cards and inscriptions. The average hits were so much better at a lower cost.

It's not that the signers have to be stars for collectors to feel satisfied with the cards, at least not for me. I am satisfied with common signers as long as the cards look good and I get a base set. You aren't getting the half portion base set here. It took us 5 boxes to scrape one together. Forget about making chase sets. We saw no outstanding inscriptions, no duals and the Gold signature card I personally got from Ineson was practically invisible.

Note to RA, get rid of this design for all your products. Your gold ink does not stand out on the all black background, the strokes are thin, uneven and streaky with the autographs looking more damaged than mint.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Raven in that its an end dump only because that will have been 10 years since RA acquired the license and I suspect that was probably the length of the deal. I just think that they are using the Clarke autograph (and if Raven is correct a Harington on in Series 2) to dump the remaining stock.

Regarding having a chance of pulling a Clarke signature, I do not think that many, if any, will reach the average collector's boxes, I think that dealers will manage to somehow pull them all and sell them privately to the best customers. After all, not one inscription has even hit ebay and we are into day 6 of the realease.

Posts: 29 | Location: scotland | Registered: May 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gmmk1964:
Regarding having a chance of pulling a Clarke signature, I do not think that many, if any, will reach the average collector's boxes, I think that dealers will manage to somehow pull them all and sell them privately to the best customers. After all, not one inscription has even hit ebay and we are into day 6 of the realease.

Well I can't speak to that, but there is a report on Blowout that a known dealer broke 100 cases and did not find a Clarke.

We are talking about 18,000 boxes here, that's 1800 cases. So even though she MAY have signed more than 50 total between the inscriptions and the relic, it's still a big spread to go around. And its absolutely true that not all of her signatures will be seeded. They never are all seeded on anyone because they need replacements for damaged and missing hits, among other things.

I think that's why we are seeing a dilution of all the bigger hits in this product. There are just too many boxes. The autograph ratios are maintained the same as other GoT sets in general, but not for the quantity of higher tiered cards.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gmmk1964:

One was listed but was pulled and sold elsewhere.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18489...rue&nordt=true&rt=nc

I think that inscription says “Rhalessi” lol.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctacker:

Big Grin That's what it looks like it says. I think she forgot how to spell "Khaleesi". Wink

With some of the character names, cities, clans and gibberish these actors had to say, its no wonder some of them don't know what they are writing.

Her autograph quote is now on eBay for a mere $25,000, if anyone's interested. Wavey

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by ctacker:

Big Grin That's what it looks like it says. I think she forgot how to spell "Khaleesi". Wink

It looks like she was writing them so fast that she didn't take the pen off the card for the upstroke and downstroke of the 'K', so it became a ballooned 'R'. Big Grin Which is just sloppy. It's not like she had to sign 500+. Roll Eyes

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If people want Emilia Clarke's autograph on something/anything, but don't want to pay silly money, UK sci-fi company Forbidden Planet are still taking pre-orders for a signed copy of her new comic "MOM: Mother of Madness", due 28 July. In the UK with postage it's only £11.99. She's done a video interview with them too, so it might be an exclusive with FP, for the UK, anyway.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Forbidden Planet are still taking pre-orders for a signed copy of her new comic "MOM: Mother of Madness", due 28 July. In the UK with postage it's only £11.99. She's done a video interview with them too, so it might be an exclusive with FP, for the UK, anyway.

Wow, you guys should jump on that, provided its not a preprint. We sometimes get bookstores pre-selling signed books that turn out to be autopenned when they arrive. I haven't seen anything through one of her personal signings advertised for less than $280 so far this year. Just think of all the cut signatures people could make from something that cheap.

She must really want her comic to sell. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Forbidden Planet are still taking pre-orders for a signed copy of her new comic "MOM: Mother of Madness", due 28 July. In the UK with postage it's only £11.99. She's done a video interview with them too, so it might be an exclusive with FP, for the UK, anyway.

It's already out of stock Frown . Rittenhouse probably bought them all for future releases Big Grin . It's not a UK only thing unless Forbidden Planet made an error in the listing , when this rumour hit Blowout a lot of US based collectors ordered even though no shipping cost was shown .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Sales were restricted to one per person but, even so, I can't imagine she signed (or will sign) too many.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They had a preview on FP's instagram so that probably got some good coverage for the mass buying. Yeah, FP sell worldwide but I assume the signing deal was making FP the UK's exclusive seller for it. FP's own TV channel on youtube had the interview with Emilia with one of FP's guys. They get lots of special interviews with all kinds of sci-fi and fantasy people.

I've bought stuff from them for years and had some nice signed things for not much more than cover price. GRRM books, Doctor Who signed books, signed DVDS and other signed comics etc.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
People have started to receive their Emilia Clarke signed MOM: Mother of Madness comics. Typical autograph for her and costing a small fraction of what they will try to sell it for, but the cover is horrible looking. Kind of a multi-color mannequin head with no eyes, but a floating eye/hand. I'm sure it must be a very profound story Roll Eyes, not that anyone will open it up to read it and risk the "never been touched" mint condition. Big Grin