Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary (Rittenhouse)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/6977043596

January 16, 2021, 12:38 AM
Raven
Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary (Rittenhouse)
So to the surprise of no one, RA has just added the Game of Thrones The Iron Anniversary set coming in Spring 2021.

It's Series One by the way, so no suspense about what's coming next. Big Grin

Since it doesn't look like the COVID situation is going away very fast in the next few months, I may find myself buying as many boxes of these as the 2020 Season 8 and Complete. Wink
February 22, 2021, 05:39 PM
Logan
And guess who has inscription autographs in this ...EMILIA CLARKE!! She finally decided to sign again! Congrats to Rittenhouse! Clap Dance

https://www.scifihobby.com/pro...hrones/iron-series1/
February 22, 2021, 07:36 PM
webjon
Cool!
February 22, 2021, 08:23 PM
Raven
In addition to Clarke listed as an Inscription autograph, she also has an Autograph/Relic/Quote card and a Costume Relic/Quote card. She has gotten pretty cooperative all of a sudden. Big Grin

I'm not sure how RA is defining these words. We know the Inscription is handwritten, but the Quote reference may be part of the card. Costume Relic also seems to have a different meaning than just Relic, which used to include costume swatches.

While I have pulled sketches out of the later GoT products, it was one scenic and two dragons. I would really like one of those character sketches. As always the highlights look good, but I would like to not get a common signer as the second signer in every box.

I see the date has been pushed back a bit to June 2nd, which is fine, but I really hope that it doesn't mean a November or December drop for Iron Anniversary Series 2. That would be lousy holiday timing, better to hold off till 2022, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cram them both into 2021 anyway.
February 22, 2021, 09:55 PM
Raven
Just realized SRP is posted at $169.99. That is going to be a tough price for an average box with average hits. Perhaps RA thinks the mere presence of Clarke is worth it. Big Grin

Not if you don't pull one. Wink
February 22, 2021, 10:08 PM
Logan
A lot depends on how many she signed also.
February 23, 2021, 04:48 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Full, factory-sealed case of HBO's Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary Trading Cards (10 Boxes). Each box features at least 1 inscription autograph and 2 autographs overall.

Inscription autograph signers include Emilia Clarke (Daenery Targaryen)
Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark)
Mark Addy (King Robert Baratheon)
Conleth Hill (Lord Varys)
Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy)
Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy)
Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis)
Tom Hopper (Dickon Tarly)
Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand)
Jack Gleeson (King Joffrey)
and many more!

Hundreds of Inscription Variations to Collect!

Plus Amazing New Bonus Autographs:

Autograph/Relic/Quote Cards Featuring Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) and Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister)

Autograph/Quote Cards signed by Sean Bean (Ned Stark)

Dual Autograph Cards with
Maisie Williams (Arya Stark)
Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister)
Conleth Hill (Lord Varys)
Sean Bean (Ned Stark)
Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton)
Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei)
and more!

Autograph/Relic Cards Signed by Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister)

Series 1 Base Set includes 99 High-End Cards of Leading Characters, Featuring All-New, Inter-Connective Foil-Stamping and 9-Card Puzzle-Backs!

Series 1 Bonus Cards include
99 Copper Parallel Base Cards (Numbered)
99 Gold Parallel Base Cards (Numbered)
One-of-a-Kind Base Set Printing Plate Cards
18 Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary Metal Expressions Cards
4 Game of Thrones Artifex Metal Cards (Numbered to 25 each)
5 Game of Thrones Gold Icons Cards
11 Game of Thrones Battles and Blood Cards
27 Game of Thrones Laser Cut Expansion Cards
25 Game of Thrones Inflexions Expansion Cards
25 Game of Thrones Inflexions Silver Parallel Expansion Cards (#’d to 75)
25 Game of Thrones Inflexions Gold Parallel Expansion Cards (#’d to 40)
3-D “Dectation” Cards of the Iron Throne
Character Sketch Cards featuring
Daenerys Targaryen
Jon Snow
Arya Stark
and others
Scenic Sketch Cards
Costume Relic/Quote Cards featuring Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister

For every 20 Cases, purchased, receive a Game of Thrones: Iron Anniversary/Iron Parallel Base Card Set (99 Cards)

10 box cases... That's new.
Nothing on the website yet for packs or cards per pack.

Not quite Inflexions extreme, but close.

And yes, Clarke will drive sales and breaks.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 23, 2021, 11:55 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

Yeah, frankly I was surprised at the price. I was able to bust about a case and half of boxes last year between the Season Eight and Complete, plus buying autograph singles. That was mainly because I wasn't really buying much of any other titles and the cost wasn't bad.

I can't see going in for more than two boxes each series here before going the singles route. The autograph prices have been coming down for most of the repeat signers as the supply goes up. Logic should say that the box prices should come down or at least a third autograph should be put in the box. But no, a few Clarke signatures are in there, so let's play to the speculators who may never have bought in before. Big Grin

Wait and see if there isn't a big dump of Series 1 hits not long after release. The speculators will want to get rid of the commons and the collectors who have stayed away from breaking will be happy to get them. Sad to talk this way 3 months before the product even arrives. Frown
February 23, 2021, 02:52 PM
Hedgehog Witch
This is the first time I'm not buying any boxes. Far too expensive box price for basically the same diluted content as the ordinary season boxes which were incredibly diluted tosh for S7 and S8. Nothing excites me here. Being lucky enough to have both Emilia Clarke autograph cards from S1 and S2, means I don't care too much about getting another of hers. I have multiples of everyone else too.

I'm very happy with my season sets and bits and bobs of the Complete, VS and Inflexions. I don't need to dent my wallet further. I might pick up a couple of singles, but I'm not going to buy at stupid prices.

There's nothing particularly premium about this set except for the price tag. An autograph in each pack would be better. But I clearly live in dreamland if that's ever going to happen again. Big Grin The VS set was still the best value at a premium price. Sadly not repeated.
February 23, 2021, 04:32 PM
Logan
The inflated price tag may be due to how much they had to pay Emilia to agree to sign again. That's assuming they paid her much more than before and assuming she signed in any kind of quantity.
February 23, 2021, 05:48 PM
Raven
So Emilia Clarke is apparently doing a private signing for a place called Twin Cities Comics and they are accepting pre-sale orders on photos and inscriptions. I mention this not to give publicity, but to say that her varying rate seems to range between $250 - $285 for the signature and choice of photo. A limited GoT card adds its own value of course.

So she is signing, which was only going to be a matter of time, although she seems to have a problem with Star Wars material. Maybe she didn't like Solo. Big Grin
February 23, 2021, 06:41 PM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
10 box cases... That's new.
Nothing on the website yet for packs or cards per pack.

Ed

Saw them listed as 10 boxes per case. 8 packs per box. 6 cards per pack. Being the odd breakdown and mid-level price hard to guess the case run but I think it will be pretty high. There were 800 cases of Inflexions between regular and international. Think this will be in the same ballpark.
February 23, 2021, 06:56 PM
Raven
Anyone good at math? How many boxes to make a base set when you figure in the various hits, inserts, parallels and whatever else?
February 23, 2021, 10:54 PM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Anyone good at math? How many boxes to make a base set when you figure in the various hits, inserts, parallels and whatever else?

Hard to say without odds yet. My guess is three base sets with most of a fourth in a case so if collation is good 3 boxes should get you a set.
February 24, 2021, 08:21 AM
ravenheart
That's all very interesting, but what about the only thing that matters... new signers on full bleed cards Big Grin
February 24, 2021, 11:53 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
That's all very interesting, but what about the only thing that matters... new signers on full bleed cards Big Grin

I expect that they will dig up some couple of new signers in some design. There must be a few more people that were lurking in the shadows. Anybody could have been in that "Longest Night" episode and you wouldn't know it. I could have been attacking the walls, third wight from the left. Big Grin

I imagine that if some new signer is any sort of a recognizable name he/she will be added to the front page ad when it's confirmed. If not, it will just stay with the repeat signers that are already there.
February 26, 2021, 12:01 PM
Raven
I find it amusing that concerns are being raised on a certain other forum that Iron Anniversary autograph cards may not grade as well as they should because RA cards have a tendency for edge chipping. Another sign that speculators are driving prices up not for the cards, but for the slab label grade.
February 26, 2021, 02:21 PM
catskilleagle
Hey Raven,

That is funny, because if you look just two posts above yours, all Ravenheart wants are new signers on full bleed cards. What some people on Blowout want are cards "officially" declared to be perfect. Obviously, we all expect cards with a minimum of wear right out of the pack but we're not even going to notice some level of edge chipping. Are they opening packs with gloves, magnifiers, and foam-tipped tweezers? It might take an hour just to get through one of those 7-8 pack boxes out there now.

It's not just a grading thing. I've noticed that a few collectors in other hobbies will pass on even something quite rare if it's in less than mint condition. I have heard people say in these words, "I'm waiting for a perfect one." If I waited for only a perfect one of anything, I'd have maybe 3 or 4 collectibles total instead of boxes of stuff.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I find it amusing that concerns are being raised on a certain other forum that Iron Anniversary autograph cards may not grade as well as they should because RA cards have a tendency for edge chipping. Another sign that speculators are driving prices up not for the cards, but for the slab label grade.

February 26, 2021, 02:24 PM
ifish73
I am just hoping for base cards that are in good condition. Last few releases in particular the base cards have been really rough.
April 13, 2021, 09:31 PM
Raven
Over on the RA website Steve Charendoff is saying that they are still adding more signers for Iron and that "there will also be many boxes that have 2 inscription autographs".

That's a switch. It has become predictable that every GoT box had either a dual autograph or an inscription autograph as the big hit and the second autograph hit was a common signer. If you were lucky you needed or liked the common signer, but you never caught two big hits in a box. If you were unlucky the dual was two minor characters/actors or the inscription card was a common signer dressed up as rare. Wink

If RA wants to keep raising the box prices, not only on this title but others, it should shuffle the deck. However a guaranteed third solid hit per box, more parallels or chase cards, and a lot fewer doubles on the base cards would be better. Smile