Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Rittenhouse sets(breaking news)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rittenhouse sets(breaking news)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Don't get me started.

Maybe we just have to wait a couple more years. The celeb-themed sets seemed to be waffling in the 70s still so eventually you'd think they'd move up a few years and give us Mr. T, Webster, Punky Brewster, etc. There's also a gold mine waiting with Saved by the Bell. I'm pretty sure Screech would sign a few cards for a few dollars.

Screech! Dude. . . . . . don't laugh. . . seriously. . .

In the last couple of years I saw Screech (Dustin Diamond) do a stand up routine locally. . . There were either 6 or 8 people in the audience. I chatted with him after the show and and pretty sure I could have gotten autograph cards then and there if I had the cards and some cash. . . But Saved By the Bell. . . Tiffani, that would be a sweet auto. . . and Leah Remini was in the later episodes. Leah signs autos cheap through her website so would imagine a company could get her on a set.

Ohh, and Dustin's routine was actually really funny. . .

But yeah, these guys gotta get into the 80s . . . sheesh.

I'd love a Judge Wapner too. . .

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Back on topic, I'm very excited about the Brady Bunch. I think it's probably safe to say that Greg will be signing for the set as he's signed everywhere else already.

Barry Williams, Susan Olsen and Christopher Knight have all signed for sets, I'd imagine they'll be back. . . But there is plenty of room for new autos in that cast as well. . .

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
So, any news on the True Blood and Spider-Man sets?

I know they are still a ways off but it has been 5 months since the original license announcements.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Steve posted on Facebook yesterday that Rhys Ifans (Dr Connors) will be signing for the Spiderman set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a great start, I am hoping they can land Emma Stone. I would be all over the release if that ends up being the case.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1000 times yes to Emma Stone. . . that is something I would seriously chase.

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I think everyone is hoping RA lands Emma Stone as a signer. This is one case where I wouldn't complain if she ended up being a 6 case incentive or Archive Box exclusive, as long as she signs.

A dual Andrew Garfield/Emma Stone would pretty much be the ultimate card for this set.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
A dual Andrew Garfield/Emma Stone would pretty much be the ultimate card for this set.

I totally agree. Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of new releases announced

• The Amazing Spider-Man Movie (06/27/2012)
• Legends of Marvel (Series 4): Thing, Ms. Marvel, Ghost Rider (07/11/2012)
• 2012 WNBA (07/11/2012)
• True Blood: Premiere Edition (07/18/2012)
• Falling Skies: Season 1 (07/25/2012)
• The Quotable Star Trek Voyager (08/08/2012)
• Eureka: Seasons Three and Four (09/19/2012)
• Warehouse 13: Season Three (09/26/2012)

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one concerned about cash flow with 5 sets releasing between June 27 and August 8th? Confused

And it makes no sense to release Eureka and Warehouse 13 a week apart. They are practically the same exact customer base. I know many needed to choose between the 2 last time.

There will be lots to collect, that's for sure.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Only one I'm interested in is WH13 Season 3, so glad they are definitely doing this set.

Hopefully they scored some great autos for the season like Jeri Ryan, Kate Mulgrew, Aaron Ashmore, Anthony Michael Hall, Alessandra Torressani and Sasha Roiz (as well as Jaime Murray again cause I just love her)

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Only one I'm interested in is WH13 Season 3, so glad they are definitely doing this set.

Hopefully they scored some great autos for the season like Jeri Ryan, Kate Mulgrew, Aaron Ashmore, Anthony Michael Hall, Alessandra Torressani and Sasha Roiz (as well as Jaime Murray again cause I just love her)

I agree. Actually, I am hoping they have Ashley Williams sign. She is the only one of the above group. I have not been able to get sign one of my custom cards. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in four of those sets, but that close to Comic Con I won't really be able to afford any of them. I will probably grab a pack or two of Falling Skies though.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in Spidey and True Blood Smile

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
For me just True Blood. I can't wait for more info on that.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

I agree. Actually, I am hoping they have Ashley Williams sign. She is the only one of the above group. I have not been able to get sign one of my custom cards. Smile

Had to check imdb to see who Ashley Williams was Smile Yes, she would also be a good one to sign.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Still no news on The Amazing Spider-Man set?

I realize Rittenhouse may still be locking down signers but surely other items like inserts, costume cards or sketches (if there are any in this set) must be well underway for a set due to be released in a bit over 10 weeks.

I'm potentially very interested in this set but I need some info to make a budget for this set.

-Goethe

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Maybe Rittenhouse will have something on display in Allentown this month. At the very least, I'm sure they will be asked a lot of questions about the set at the show so I'm sure some information will start coming soon.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I hope the autograph line up is stellar since I don't think there will be sketches for this set. I just checked the scoundrel board and nothing there, even if they aren't allowed to post images someone would at least have mentioned their existence.

-Goethe

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Am I the only one concerned about cash flow with 5 sets releasing between June 27 and August 8th? Confused

And it makes no sense to release Eureka and Warehouse 13 a week apart. They are practically the same exact customer base. I know many needed to choose between the 2 last time.

There will be lots to collect, that's for sure.

Ed

They should just make Eureka & Warehouse 13 one release. The shows crossover and have a similar fanbase. Just do a traditional 24 pack box with 12 packs for Eureka and 12 for WH13. You'd get one autograph for each show along with inserts and enough base cards to at least come close to making a base set.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post