Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Doctor Who 50th Anniversary set.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary set.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Topps have released the 50th Anniversary Doctor Who set here in the UK. It follows it's successful alien attax set and has a similar formula.
The set has a binder, base and chase and also contains seven costume cards containing show worn items, I think I am right in saying this is a first in the UK for a mass market product, the costume cards are found 1--75 packs and the production run is approx. 2000 of each one.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a really nice set.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The Matt Smith costume card looks really nice.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the look out today

Anybody interested in trading contact me

Regards mark

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The first limited edition card, LE1 comes with the binder.

Another is in the tin.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
What are they asking as SRP per box? Just curious to see what a box without autographs and no guarantee of a costume card is going for these days. Not a bad idea when the subject is popular.

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
It's 24 packs per box for £1 each retail. So £24 per box post free (in the UK) wouldn't be bad.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Where are they being sold?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I picked a few packs up at my local newsagent, so they are out there.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Why doesn't someone release proper Dr Who cards ? (moan, moan, moan)

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

I agree Smile I also think the costume cards should have been put in a DW trading card set and not a TCG set. I really think it is a bizarre move from Topps.

Although it is nice to have DW costume cards any way. Nice high amount of each card made too. Pulled a nice UNIT costume yesterday from the my third box. Oddly though still missing 2 Rainbow Foils for a full set having busted 3 boxes (minus the 6 remaining costumes I need).

Wolfie, where did you get the info on the tin? I have not heard anything about a tin in the marketing spiel for the set at all.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Quite a lot on Ebay and if you google there are several websites selling boxes between £20-£24.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

All newsagents, supermarkets, Smiths, will have these although it may take a few days for them to get round to it.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
Wolfie, where did you get the info on the tin? I have not heard anything about a tin in the marketing spiel for the set at all.

I can't find it now but I definatly saw mention of a tin containing an LE.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

These are proper Dr Who cards, they are cards with Dr Who on and can be purchased by young children ( like me ) who do not have vast amounts of money to spend.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
quote:

I agree Smile.

I don't agree at all. This is exactly the way Topps should release them.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great to see the kids posting on the forums about which common card they got in their pack. When was the last time you saw anyone in this hobby celebrating getting a base card.

These cards are bringing so many youngsters into the collecting habit which can only be a good thing in the long run. Smile

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It was reported on another site that it is very easy to tell which packs have the costume card in so be aware of this if you are buying loose packs.

This has been a wolfie public information warning. Wavey

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Topps have a facebook competition to win one of five signed Colin Baker cards, ends 31 Oct.

https://www.facebook.com/MyTopps

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
Topps have a facebook competition to win one of five signed Colin Baker cards, ends 31 Oct.

https://www.facebook.com/MyTopps

Thanks for the lead. Fingers crossed.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post