Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Doctor Who 50th Anniversary set.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary set.
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Topps link.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Entered the contest - Thanks

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Card # 72 has Merry Gejelh classed as a human.

This is wrong surely?

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anybody have a lit of promos available

Cheers

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:

Cheers

No promo's for this. Topps don't issue promo's for the Alien Attax sets as far as I am aware.

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wuher:

Cheers

No promo's for this. Topps don't issue promo's for the Alien Attax sets as far as I am aware.

Same here, not aware of any. Never seen any promo cards for any Topps Europe sets that I have collected.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The last set of doctor who alien attaxs had 4 promos
LE1 LE2 LE3 LE4

One with a binder one in a childrens comic another in a tin
Cannot think of the other

Cheers

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wuher:
LE1 LE2 LE3 LE4

The LE2 came with the multipack but I would not call these cards promos.

However, with this new set so far the LE1 comes with the binder, there is no LE card in the multipack, I read somewhere there was going to be a tin but nothing has come of that yet and so far there has been no magazine insert.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
LE1 LE2 LE3 LE4

Cheers

These were Limited Edition (incentive) cards, there was no promotional element to these. They were numbered LE but could be used in the game.

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I can confirm ( source Topps ) that the LE1 in the binder will be the only LE card for this set.
There will not be a tin for this set.

There will be an exclusive card for this set in the Christmas issue of Doctor Who Adventures Magazine but it will be unnumbered.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I can confirm ( source Topps ) that the LE1 in the binder will be the only LE card for this set.
There will not be a tin for this set.

There will be an exclusive card for this set in the Christmas issue of Doctor Who Adventures Magazine but it will be unnumbered.

There is a solicitation for a tin in the last Previews magazine from Diamond in the US -- I almost preordered one, but decided against it since money is tight since being laid off. Are there two sets?

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
There is a solicitation for a tin in the last Previews magazine from Diamond in the US -- I almost preordered one, but decided against it since money is tight since being laid off. Are there two sets?

There were UK sources advertising this as well, but I think there was an assumption there would be a tin. I think this 50th anniversary set is weaker than the first set regarding the actual cards but obviously the costume card is the bonus

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The tin was planned and put out for orders but unfortunately not enough orders for it came in so it was cancelled.

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
LE1 LE2 LE3 LE4

Cheers

These were Limited Edition (incentive) cards, there was no promotional element to these. They were numbered LE but could be used in the game.

I'm with hammer, LE cards are not really promos as most as added incentives for the Attax sets to help sell things like the binders, tins and so on.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Oddly for a gaming card set, Jeff Allender has a checklist for this set on his site and it mentions a couple of autograph cards for Bonnie Langford and Warwick Davis. Anyone seen one?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi raj
To the best of my knowledge there are no
Autograph cards-i know a few base cards
Signed out there but nothing that stamps them as
Official or on the wrapper etc

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Paul.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Oddly for a gaming card set, Jeff Allender has a checklist for this set on his site and it mentions a couple of autograph cards for Bonnie Langford and Warwick Davis. Anyone seen one?

The auto cards are not part of the set as far as I am aware. These are just collectors getting them signed at cons and stuff after release. No doubt there are Ebay sellers passing them off as rare inserts and the like Roll Eyes

Jeff does actually have a number of gaming card sets listed but it is hit and miss as too what is included on his site.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Cheers

There were promo sheets of the new Doctor Who cards with 'The Sun' newspaper.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
There is an exclusive Dalek card in the new Doctor Who Adventures kids magazine #335.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post