Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Breaking Bad Seasons 1 - 5 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking Bad Seasons 1 - 5 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic added some new signers:

- Daniel Moncada as Leonel Salmanca*
- Dean Norris as Hank Schrader*
- David Costabile as Gale Boetticher*
- Emily Rios as Andrea Cantillo*

I'm really happy about Dean Norris and David Costabile; but, I'm still hoping for Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, and Bob Odenkirk.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
It's great to see they got Dean Norris to sign for the set Thumb Up

I believe everyone who's interested in this set is hoping that Cranston and Paul sign.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
If Paul and Cranston sign now it's probably going to a redemption and maybe in limited quantities.

They're pretty close now to release aren't they? They haven't listed either under contract, so I'm not very hopeful that they will be included in the set.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Official response regarding Cranston and Paul on Cryptozoic's facebook page:

"Unfortunately they both decided not to sign. The set is sold out though and has some surprises!"

Sad news but I'm so glad I decided against pre-ordering.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah big hit against this set without either of them signing. I wonder why they refused? Not offered enough money? I'm surprised they said no seeing as they've been such supporters of the show and I've heard Paul goes out of his way to meet fans, so it's a big disappointment we won't get their autos.

The set maybe sold out, but I think the prices are gonna come down on these now. People were counting on the big names for this one.

I think some of the comments about people pre ordering expecting these autos to be their own fault, seeing as dealers have to pre order to be able to get any of the stock in anyway.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I don't see the problem...

We were never promised these autos. CZE NEVER implied they were likely. They followed their "contracted" and "returned" protocol to the letter.

Anyone who ordered a boatload of this thinking these two were signing needs a reality check.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
The post today on their blog did say there was one more signer to come. Even if it's not Cranston or Paul, there are still a couple more that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
It isn't Cryptozoics fault, the set just won't be as popular now at release without a chance of getting Cranston or Paul. I've read a lot of commemts about people not planning on collecting the set now.

This still should be a nice set to collect. Just a shame it doesn't have all the cast signing. Hopefully we get a few late names being added as the surprises like Anna Gunn.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, that's really disappointing news about Cranston and Paul not signing but at least Cryptozoic tried their best to get them. Like some have asked, I wonder if money was the issue?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
Well, that's really disappointing news about Cranston and Paul not signing but at least Cryptozoic tried their best to get them. Like some have asked, I wonder if money was the issue?

Well money could always be an issue, but it might just be that the series is over and they have moved on to other jobs. Actors are easier to find and more willing to promote stuff while they are still working on it.

Crypto never said they had them for the set, so no one should be calling foul. However not having autographs from one or more of the main stars will lessen the value of any modern TV/Movie card set.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anna Gunn (Skyler) has signed for the set!!!!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sco...369873252352/photo/1

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Nice to see her sign, but what on earth is the picture they chose of her for the card?

Also the card looks huge, must be a redemptiom for this one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sidewinder,

Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
That's a horrible photo.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah it is horrible. I'm not sure why they would have chosen that one over just a normal headshot!

Also I don't understand the point of having this 1 oversized autograph card, when the rest of them are just normal sized. I don't know if they had the idea of doing this for both Cranston and Paul as well, but they weren't able to get their autos? Just seems odd to have this one huge auto card compared to the rest.

I'm also wondering how long they had Anna Gunn under contract? Seeing as she was never listed, was she signed up at the last minute, or have they had her for a while, but they just wanted it to be a last minute surprise?

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Just to clear up a few things. The actual card is not over sized. This (like the David Morrissey card) was a display at the Philly show. Anna was the last signer to come aboard. Anna picked the image herself, which is fairly common. It's from the scene where she loses it and jumps into the pool. Smile

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
Anna picked the image herself, which is fairly common.

I never even considered this. Pretty cool to know.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
Just to clear up a few things. The actual card is not over sized. This (like the David Morrissey card) was a display at the Philly show. Anna was the last signer to come aboard. Anna picked the image herself, which is fairly common. It's from the scene where she loses it and jumps into the pool. Smile

Oh Thanks for letting us know. I didn't realise they showed oversized cards just for display Smile

I guess this must have been one of Anna's favourite scenes, thanks for the info.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I think this set will still be great even without the big name signers. Just think twilight (I know totally different style) but everyone back out on that release and than it shot through the roof because of the costume / wardrobe cards, which we haven't seen for this release yet but could be pretty valuable and popular.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ Hmmm... Twilight success? 2 words... 'Teenage Girls' Big Grin

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few images of costumes and props are on the Cryptozoic check list for this release...look very nice..!

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post