Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Breaking Bad Seasons 1 - 5 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking Bad Seasons 1 - 5 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted
So we know it is going to be just one set featuring seasons 1-5, which I think is great.

This will be one amazing set if they can get all the main cast to sign.
But more than anything I hope they can do a prop card that has some of Walters Blue Meth Big Grin This show has some really great potential for costume and prop cards.

I'd love to see the whole main cast to sign
Bryan Cranston as Walter White
Anna Gunn as Skyler White
Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman
Dean Norris as Hank Schrader
Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader
RJ Mitte as Walter White, Jr.
Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman
Jonathan Banks as Mike Ehrmantraut

Then there are so many important reoccurring characters, here's a few.
Steven Michael Quezada as Steven Gomez, Hanks DEA partner.
Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo 'Gus' Fring
Charles Baker as Skinny Pete
Matt Jones as Badger
Krysten Ritter as Jane Margolis
Christopher Cousins as Ted Beneke
Raymond Cruz as Tuco Salamanca
Mark Margolis as Tio Salamanca
Daniel Moncada as Leonel Salamanca aka part of "the Cousins"
Luis Moncada as Marco Salamanca aka part of "the Cousins"
David Costabile as Gale Boetticher
Michael Bofshever as Mr. Pinkman
Tess Harper as Mrs. Pinkman
Adam Godley as Elliott Schwartz
Jessica Hecht as Gretchen Schwartz

I think it would be cool to see "Better Call Saul" and his cheesy advertising somehow on a chase set or part of one.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Since it is going to be just one release, I hope they do a bigger base set than usual. I don't think you can tell the whole 5 seasons on only 63/72 cards.
I'd like to see something like 126 cards, at around 22 cards per season, with extra cards for character bios and such. I know, it's probably too big for a base set though.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I've just got into this show through Netflix and love it. Would be a fantastic set if they can get all regulars to sign Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Since it is going to be just one release, I hope they do a bigger base set than usual. I don't think you can tell the whole 5 seasons on only 63/72 cards.
I'd like to see something like 126 cards, at around 22 cards per season, with extra cards for character bios and such. I know, it's probably too big for a base set though.

I doubt they will even try to tell the story by seasons, there's too many years to cover. Maybe more like character only cards. Have say, 2 cards per season for the main characters and maybe only one card per season for lesser recurring ones and just one card total for the minor ones. Kind of like what they did with the Star Wars universe. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Was there any news or details on the Breaking Bad set at the SDCC? I can not wait to find out the autograph line up for this set.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate to be 'that guy' who bitvhes and moans over a long desired set but... Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the list of signers. I hope and pray that's not a complete list, but no Walt, Jessie, Skyler, Hank... tell me it ain't so!?! I mean, it's not like they'll ever be another set... Frown

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
Hate to be 'that guy' who bitvhes and moans over a long desired set but... Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the list of signers. I hope and pray that's not a complete list, but no Walt, Jessie, Skyler, Hank... tell me it ain't so!?! I mean, it's not like they'll ever be another set... Frown

Its a preliminary list. The set isn't coming out until late this year/early next year. Still TONS of time to get all those signers added. I've met all the people you speak of at Comic Con multiple times and they are all REALLY GOOD signers, so there is no reason at all (in my mind) why they wouldn't sign for the set.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, really glad to hear that! Hopefully this'll all come together, then. Sunday night (well, Monday for me in the UK... Big Grin) can't come quickly enough, closely followed by this set.

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's a good sign that none of the regulars other than Walt Jr have been contracted. Looking at some of the other sets like Downtown Abbey, they already have contracted some of the big names.

Perhaps it's all just a case of some agents being quicker than others to organise their clients contracts.

Either way this set needs all the regulars to sign - we need Walter and Jesse without a doubt or the set will surely fail.

What are people's thoughts on how well this set will sell if all the cast sign? Is this going to be a difficult pre order with heavy allocations?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is more than 5 months out from release. Cut them some slack. There is still a LOT of time left for them to sign the main cast. This whole change of policy is really looking like a bad move on Cyrpto's part, everyone is freaking out not paying attention to how far out these releases are.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I don't think it's a good sign that none of the regulars other than Walt Jr have been contracted. Looking at some of the other sets like Downtown Abbey, they already have contracted some of the big names.

Perhaps it's all just a case of some agents being quicker than others to organise their clients contracts.

Either way this set needs all the regulars to sign - we need Walter and Jesse without a doubt or the set will surely fail.

What are people's thoughts on how well this set will sell if all the cast sign? Is this going to be a difficult pre order with heavy allocations?

Walt OR Jesse Pinkman would make this set worth producing. Ideally both, but one or the other would justify it. They can always do a "Better Call Saul" set and get some of the people who don't sign for this one. Since "Better Call Saul" is to take place before (and perhaps during) the events of "Breaking Bad", there will be many chances for popular to reappear like Mike and Gus, whom Saul is known to have had plenty of previous dealings with before Walt and Jesse ever came into the picture.

The ultimate would be dual autos for this set:

Walt and Jesse
Jesse and Jane
Walt and Skyler
Walt and Saul
Walt and Hank
Walt and Walt Jr.
Hank and Marie
Hank and Gomey
Gus and Tio
Jesse and Mike
Badger and Skinny Pete
Lydia and Todd
The Cousins

and some others, but let's get singles from Jesse and Walt first, that's the key.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I hadn't really heard much about the Saul spinoff so thanks for the info.

I'm not to fussed with dual autos, I'd be fine with just single autos of the regulars and the most memorable supporting characters.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, preorders for a box are already right at $100.00 and we don't even know if Cranston or Paul is signing yet.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
Wow, preorders for a box are already right at $100.00 and we don't even know if Cranston or Paul is signing yet.

Well, they are $95/box at a place notorious for charging inflated prices for sets with a lot of demand. It's probably worth shopping around... while most sites don't have BB listed for sale yet since it doesn't come out for another 6 months, at least one is currently selling them for $30/box cheaper.

Posts: 6 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine the demand for Breaking Bad cards will be as high it is for Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory, so hopefully there won't be as many allocations and cancelled pre-orders as we saw with those.
Breaking Bad didn't have as many viewers as those shows and is also no longer on the air which should hold down interest some. On the other hand, the show was awesome, and incredibly, hit its absolute peak at the end, so who knows?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that Betsy Brandt (as Marie) has been added to the autograph line up.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has posted a couple of autograph pics:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ng-cards-seasons-1-5

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I can't imagine the demand for Breaking Bad cards will be as high it is for Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory, so hopefully there won't be as many allocations and cancelled pre-orders as we saw with those.
Breaking Bad didn't have as many viewers as those shows and is also no longer on the air which should hold down interest some. On the other hand, the show was awesome, and incredibly, hit its absolute peak at the end, so who knows?

Breaking Bad is the most streamed show on Netflix. It seems like everyone I know has seen it including my 70 year old parents!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I keep hoping for a Bob Odenkirk auto!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This set certainly has the potential to be "Walking Dead huge" but for that to happen obviously they need to get the top people to sign.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post