Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Night of the Living Dead Premium Pack Trading Cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/6947026106

April 05, 2011, 06:06 PM
H_Toser
Night of the Living Dead Premium Pack Trading Cards
Hi All:

A brand new premium pack trading card set for Night of the Living Dead is coming in June from Unstoppable Cards. They've sent me an ad graphic for the series, which you can see below.

Unstoppable Cards is a new U.K. based manufacturer formed by Jason Wright, Barrie Ronness, and Steve Kirkham. Jason has been posting here on Card Talk under "Doctor Jas" for some time.

As you can see from the graphic below, the set will contain a range of insert cards including sketch cards and autographs. One card will even contain six autographs!

The website will have more information but it is not up yet....I am told it should be live this weekend.

Night of the Living Dead is one of many releases soon coming from Unstoppable. They are also releasing Dragons and Slayers, a fantasy art set, to be released in August. Dragons and Slayers will also be a premium pack release featuring artist designed base cards and sketches in every pack with special hot packs containing two panel sketches.

Best of luck to Unstoppable Cards with their new releases! Jason will likely be by with more details as they develop.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

April 05, 2011, 06:15 PM
Freddy
Excellent. A true classic movie. Scared the living heck out of me when I was a kid.

April 05, 2011, 06:37 PM
t.breyer
Congratulations guys best of luck!

Tom
April 05, 2011, 06:39 PM
DewMan
"They're coming to sketch you, Bah-ber-ah."
April 05, 2011, 06:45 PM
AJJ
I'm in for a pack or two.

April 05, 2011, 07:40 PM
spidergoblin
spiffy

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
April 05, 2011, 10:33 PM
Batman
Interesting! Thumb Up

April 05, 2011, 11:27 PM
damien
well I'm interested Smile
April 05, 2011, 11:34 PM
damien
I can't find the website Frown
April 06, 2011, 12:26 AM
hcbrewer
no website til this weekend
- hopefully :0)

April 06, 2011, 04:07 AM
Jason Wright
Thanks for the interest guys. We are very excited about our first product and we'll be announcing an impressive artist list very soon. Barrie is currently working on the new website which we'll hope to have up and running by the weekend.

There will be 3 dual autographs in this set Johnny/Barbra (Russ Streiner/Judith O'Dea), Barbra/Judy (Judith O'Dea/Judy Ridley) and Judy/Karen (Judy/Ridley/Kyra Schon).

We are also attempting a 6 cast signed autograph card, we're just lucky that the actors all live in relatively close proximity to each other so will be hand signing (no stickers here) and being very careful so that we can comfortably fit all 6 on one side of the card.
April 06, 2011, 04:19 AM
Jason Wright
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
"They're coming to sketch you, Bah-ber-ah."

Love it Big Grin and thanks for your comments Tom (Breygent)
April 06, 2011, 04:50 AM
Sci-FiPlanet
Well good luck with these. I will be interested to see your fantasy art set.

April 06, 2011, 05:18 AM
wolfie
Best wishes for your new venture, hope everything goes well, looking forward to these and the future sets you come up with. Clap

April 06, 2011, 11:37 AM
X
Looks like a nice set for a classic film.

So how much does a 'Premium Base Set' set you back these days then???
April 06, 2011, 12:11 PM
Sci-FiPlanet
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Man, I was all excited about this set...until I saw the dreaded "premium pack" phrase. Frown

Oh, well. Such is life.

Premium Packs are not all bad you know. You should give them a shot if it's a set you like Smile

April 06, 2011, 12:22 PM
wolfie
Can't see a price yet but you would need a minimum of 6 premium packs to get a base set and a minimum of 9 packs to get the chase set.

April 06, 2011, 01:29 PM
Batman
I think the premium packs are good for sets that probably could not be supported by a traditional release, and the actual cost of the packs compared to a traditional box release for what you get is about the same, without all the additional commons that no one knows what to do with. I still perfer the traditional box releases, but I won't be adverse to premium packs for sets I like.

April 06, 2011, 02:19 PM
Jason Wright
Wolfie's right, you'll get a complete set of base cards across 6 packs, may look at at 2 chase per pack.

Kennywood: 6 packs will be a similar price to say 3 or 4 standard boxes however you'll get 6 autograph cards AND 6 sketch cards, as well as a complete base set. We've seen so many base sets for recent releases on action sites for around £1.50 and so many just get thrown or given away. I do believe Premium Packs make for a more valuable base card set.

We could have done a boxed product with the same sketch and auto in every box but all that would give you would be a guarenteed base set in each box but an additional $20 on the price. This way it's also cheaper and easier for us to ship these to the US Big Grin

Pricing not confirmed but likely these will retail around £19.99 ($35). Thank you Cult-Stuff and everyone else for your positive comments Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason Wright,
April 06, 2011, 10:05 PM
Raven
I don't think the format of premium packs vs boxes is necessarily a problem, but I am concerned with distribution. As this is a U.K. manufacturer, with a limited product, how much will be available to U.S. dealers and at what price? I am guessing that pre-orders will be a must.