Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dexter Season 5-6
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dexter Season 5-6
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Tom, I wasn't being critical, I will buy Dexter 5-6 in whatever format it utimately comes out.

My comment about selling packs was directed at the hobby store level and in those stores the dealers just don't open many boxes anymore. There was a time when store owners would actually bust packs, make whole sets and sell singles. Now it is not economical for them to do it. They don't even do it for the sports cards, forget about non-sport.

I didn't know that Diamond had a problem distributing the premium box sets. That alone is a good reason for you to go back to traditional, so I can certainly understand your choice if you do.

If you happen to recall we had at a nice conversation at the NY ComicCon when I was able to pick up a couple of premium sets of the last Dexter at your booth. I still have one left unopen, its a great space saver too. But you have to work with what is best and I can't wait to see the new Dexter cards. Smile

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't think anyone bought cards in packs from stores anymore...

In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw any set in packs in stores that wasn't a card game. Mind you, I don't suppose the UK is a) a majority example of consumer behaviour in this industry, or b) the real focus of any US-based product.

I'm really, REALLY hoping against Rittenhouse-style premium packs. They make collecting an absolute nightmare and the prices with dealers always end up being stupid. £30+ for a pack containing 10-12 cards is ridiculous, and this will be especially bad if it's going to be as limited as it sounds it will be. The packs could end up as unbuyable as Crytpozoic's Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory boxes - no one wants a repeat of that kind of lunacy, I'm sure.

The only people who have done premium packs well are the ones who number them sequentially and spread a complete set across, say, three sequential packs (e.g. Cult Stuff's Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - excepting their slightly poor collation).

I'm quite surprised, if I'm honest. I thought at worst the next Dexter set would go back to being a traditional box. Hopefully, as Tom said nothing's set in stone yet, a more collector-friendly solution than premium packs will be settled upon. The final announcement looks to be a most anticipated one now!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
might be like normal we shall see
also will be the most limited of Dexter yet

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
I didn't think anyone bought cards in packs from stores anymore...

I saw packs in comic book stores in Philadelphia & New York (and purchased some) Smile

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mentioned in the season 4 thread that Julia Stiles is signing for the set, anyone else you can confirm other than the usual signers like MCH?

I'm interested in knowing if you guys were able to get Peter Weller.

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dexterfan18:
I'm interested in knowing if you guys were able to get Peter Weller.

For obvious reasons I echo this question haha.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
props for Dexter 5/6

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Those will be killer prop cards, and the variations will be pretty dang awesome. Hope for a full key card, corn, or ring!

Can't wait to see more!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
GREAT STUFF Thumb Up

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Cool ! Very great. Thank you Tom. Smile

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Edward James Olmos worn

Tom

Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice !!
It would make a pretty costume card. Smile

Thanks Tom.

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom...when you manufacture your costume cards do you ever use the buttons, zipps, labels etc. to make variations of that costume ?

I dont think i have ever seen a Breygent costume card other than the material as a variant.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Yes we have done this is the past. In fact it has been done with Dexter (buttons/patches etc)

Tom

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Yes we have done this is the past. In fact it has been done with Dexter (buttons/patches etc)

Tom

5 #d Button cards and a 1/1 oversize tag card from that Olmos sweater would be awesome chase cards for this release!

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:

Tom

5 #d Button cards and a 1/1 oversize tag card from that Olmos sweater would be awesome chase cards for this release!

That's what i was thinking...would make a great costume variant.

Any chance Tom !!!!

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully there will be more autos than season 4 which was a bit disappointing after the very good first two sets.If they can get Julia Stiles,Edward James Olmos,Mos Def,and Colin Hanks that would be great.

Regarding Mos Def: YOU WISH!
I met him on Saturday when he was here in Stuttgart and I was really disappointed when he signed my 8x10" photo of "The Italian Job" with his new stage name Yasiin Bey (new as of 2012). It really sucked because at the time he was filming "The Italian Job" and the majority of his other films he was doing so under his stage name Mos Def and not under his new ****** stage name Yasiin Bey.

Here's a scan of my signed photo:

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Dexter prop.This will be made into prop cards.

tOM

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Another release I can't wait for. I hope to see some of these premium prop cards with some intact pieces like whole chain linksSmile

Keep them coming tom!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post