Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Joseph Michael Linsner Dawn New Horizons
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joseph Michael Linsner Dawn New Horizons
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Shipping on Friday with release date of November 1st

all cases sold out 151 cases made

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the release!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Joe Linsner 80
Adam Braun 25
Adam Cleveland 240
Alex Buechel 25
Allen Michael N. Geneta 60
Ashleigh Popplewell  30
Bennett Pisek 25
Bill Maus 68
Caanan White 12
Carolyn Edwards 25
Charles Hall 10
Chris Bradberry 5
Chris Thorne 59
Christopher Foulkes 60
Christopher Herndon 25
Conny Valentina 50
Dan Gorman 48
Dan Schaefer 90
Danny Silva 25
Dave Sharpe 50
Dawn O' Brien 25
Deborah Abbott 125
Denae Frazier 25
Ejeet Espiriyu 50
Elfie Lebouleux 50
Eric Van Elslande 100
Erica Hesse 30
Felix Morales 90
Frank A. Kadar 25
Fredd Gorham 20
Gabby Untermayerova 42
Gary Kezele 15
Gavin Hunt 10
Gemma Magno 50
George Deep 25
George Vega 25
George Webber  12
Gordon Purcell 30
Greg Kirkpatrick 25
Israel Arteaga 50
J.D.Seeber 25
Jake Sumbing 119
JAMES RODRIGUEZ 50
Jason Durden 50
Jérôme Dabos 25
Jim Kyle 30
John Monserrat 25
Jonathan T. Racimo 400
Jose Carlos Sanchez 50
Josef Rubinstein 150
Juno Sanchez 100
Ken Meyer Jr 43
Kevin J. Taylor 30
Kevin Meinert 45
Kimberly Dunaway 50
 Kristina Deak-Linsner 13
Lynne Anderson 25
Marc Wolfe 7
Marcelo Ferreira 96
Mark Dos Santos 51
Mark Marvida 150
Mel Joy San Juan 90
Rhiannon Owens 30
Richard Kane Ferguson 15
Robert Hack 10
Roy Cover 100
Scott Blair 25
Scott Rorie 30
Scott Rosema 111
Sean Pence 25
Steven Miller 17
Terry Ribera & Jasmine Worth  26
Tim Levandoski 40
Tim Shay 13
Trev Murphy 11
Uko Smith 25
Veronica O'Connell 25
Yesha Balmes 60

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great sketch list! Hope to hit my first Linsner. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Does the 80 Linsner sketches include the incentives? Just curious...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
yes over half of them are in the boxes also

tom

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here are the 3 --9 card puzzle chase sets in this series

Tom

posted Hide Post
Holy **** Racimo is a beast. 400 cards. :0

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Holy **** Racimo is a beast. 400 cards. :0

And his sketches tend to look better than some of the people who did only a fraction of that.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
They certainly do! Thumb Up

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Product is Live tomorrow!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Product is Live tomorrow!

And very live it is! Thanks, Tom ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
In an attempt to please MikeFitz...

I LOVE this set.

Base set has well chosen images including some of the ancillary characters. Looks great in the binder.

Oh yeah, the binder is nice too. Embossed faux leather cover, 2 great promos inside.

3 puzzle sets? Yes please. Each is very different, yet great in it's own right. Not too hard to put together if you buy multiple boxes and trade the extras. And there should be plenty of them for trade considering all those opening just for the sketches.

The comic panel cards are nice, with the same border the SDCC sketches had. Not sure how many different ones there are, because most cases seem to have all the same numbered card in them. No C1's seen yet. My only complaint with these is that they obviously used multiple copies of the issues. There are cards that are nearly identical on eBay (yeah, I said it). The previous comic panels seemed to be a bit more unique.

The sketches are of higher quality than any previous Dawn release. Cases seem to have a good spread of short print and high volume artists. Again, one complaint. I had 2 Jon Racimo sketches in 2 different boxes. I know you'll see lots of his as he did 400 cards, but 2 of the same artist in a box is a letdown.

My favorite set of the year, but I'm biased.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
thanks for the kind words ed.
the comic panels I cut up and did myself and there were just so many comics I could use so yes some dups were done but I also tried to do different cropping if possible.2 of the same artist in the same box should not have happened but humans do the sketch packing for the boxes (me) so i could have made a mistake.

thanks again Tom

posted Hide Post
I was intending to write a review on webjon.com, but haven't gotten to it now so in case I don't get a review up I'll post my comments here to further the conversation. . .

The Pros. . .

The sketch cards are really nice, the quality is high across the board.
There are some artists that I haven't seen before that did really fantastic sketch cards.
The hits were all in sleeves -- a great feature for me (although that makes the packs easy to cherry pick)
The puzzle chase is also very nice, it has a cool texture. . .
The base cards are great too -- something Breygent always excels at.

The Con. . .
Collation. All of my comic panels were CP3 -- didn't get a single CP1,2 or 4. (I thought the images used were nice).
I did ok on sketch collation, but I've seen some case breaks with a lot of duplicate artists -- I and 2 sketches from 4 different artists.

Nice work Tom! I'm still looking for cards on eBay, so I hope more pop up!

Jon

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Jon
We did something different this time on the comic panels as we didnt mix them and that I can see that was a mistake.
We did have a lot of different artists on this set and I thought they did a great job. Glad you liked the set.

Tom