Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Ultraman Trading Cards (RRParks)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ultraman Trading Cards (RRParks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! I have not been so excited for a set to come out. I want the Hayata autograph!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Master set is a reasonable $ 180.00

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bummer that the master set doesn't include autographs.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Why call it a Master Set tier if the autographs aren't included? No real issue as description is clear, but some people might not look past the Master part, so better to avoid any confusion.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So it looks like the only way to get an autograph is in every "8-tuck box case" for $350. I'm debating pulling the trigger on these as I would love to have the set of autograph cards. I'm also not sure how often they would turn up on the secondary market (and for how much). You do get a lot of other neat cards in there also. Hmmm....

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They said that this is the first U.S. Ultraman card set ever, but wasn't there a 9 or 10 card set inserted in the Ultraman comics back in the early 1990s ?

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Before you jump on that $350 Tuck Box case, you do realize that purchase only guarantees you one (1) auto card (of 6 total - 3 signers w/ 2 different designs). Based on the tier descriptions, it seems that the only way to get all 3 autos (I’m assuming of the same design) is the $1,200 option!!! Very disappointed in this one as the autos were a big selling point as there’s so few of the original cast remaining.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
Before you jump on that $350 Tuck Box case, you do realize that purchase only guarantees you one (1) auto card (of 6 total - 3 signers w/ 2 different designs). Based on the tier descriptions, it seems that the only way to get all 3 autos (I’m assuming of the same design) is the $1,200 option!!! Very disappointed in this one as the autos were a big selling point as there’s so few of the original cast remaining.

Yeah I see that. You do get a lot of other stuff though for that $1200 including 27 sketch cards. If I kept what I wanted and sold the rest I'm trying to gauge where I think I'd stand with the $1200 option. Sad to say I've never bought from any of the smaller card makers besides Fright-Rags so I have no idea what the resale value or level of interest would be for the cards I'd be wanting to sell. I would definitely keep one master set though. Hopefully that $1200 option doesn't sell out before I can make up my mind.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Sure, Richard provides the very best 'bang for the buck' of any card manufacturer out there - big or small. His products are a tremendous value and unprecedented in the hobby IMHO. However, as a collector, I just don't like having to buy more than I want, to get what I want. Sure, there's loads of value for that $1,200 as you pointed out, but I can't stand selling on feeBay these days thus it's hard to justify that kind of cash outlay to get the auto cards - even as much as I want them (or at least one of them, mainly Hayata) So, if I went down that road, I'd have my true Master Set, but I'd also have hundreds and hundreds of dollars wrapped up in multiple near-master sets (sans the autos) collecting dust in my closet. I certainly would have paid more for the Master Set if it meant that I'd get at least one auto card, but I just can't justify an extra $1,000 to get the 3 cards, when I really only want one of them to begin with. Buying a case of the tuck boxes is certainly cheaper, but even then it still becomes an expensive lottery as to which one you'd end up with. Of course, your actual mileage may vary...

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting, there does seem to be quite a bit of interest in this set, and since the autos are not included in the Master set tier it seems like the autos will be really tough, and probably retain their value.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to the campaign, there were 360 autographs total made (120 of each of the 3 signers). And with all the 8-tuck box cases sold thus far 62 of those autographs are already spoken for. That's in less than 2 full days. Over $41,000 in total pledges. Eek

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Decided to take the plunge and pledge at the $1200 tier. That's the three autograph cards, 27 sketches and plates, and 3 master sets. So it is excellent value, especially considering what most $1200 cases from the bigger manufacturers are yielding these days. Roll Eyes This will be my first ever purchase from RRParks and my first ever kickstarter pledge in general. But I'm very excited about this set. Dance

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Decided to take the plunge and pledge at the $1200 tier. That's the three autograph cards, 27 sketches and plates, and 3 master sets. So it is excellent value, especially considering what most $1200 cases from the bigger manufacturers are yielding these days. Roll Eyes This will be my first ever purchase from RRParks and my first ever kickstarter pledge in general. But I'm very excited about this set. Dance

Awesome! Congratulations. Looking forward to your break on this! Seems like a really good value.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I was all over that one in the first few minutes as bidder #5 Smokin'

With everything included I think this may have been a pretty good deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up to anyone who may be sitting on the fence... there is only one of the top tier $1200 pledges left, and just a few 8-tuck box case pledges left also! Eek

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Richard lowered the limit for good cause I am sure.

This is turning out to be his biggest kickstarter ever.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All of the pledge levels that contain autograph cards are now sold out. And the sketches I've seen online look fantastic. This is going to be one awesome set! I'm already planning on saving funds for Series 2.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For anyone still contemplating today is the final day for the kickstarter. There are 10 master sets left and someone recently freed up a tuck-box case/retail box combo for $425. That combo deal is the only pledge left that includes an autograph.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
An impressive Kickstarter for RRParks cards. Final numbers were just shy of $113K (not to mention he was open to buyers who were not comfortable using kickstarter)

During a time of stale card titles, I hope this method continues to grow to keep fresh ideas out in the trading card market.