Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bates Motel
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I haven't watched this show for the same reason that I never watched Hannibal. It's not so much that I object to shows that star serial killers, after all I liked the first three seasons of Dexter, but I do object to shows that are prequels to movies that starred serial killers. :

Because the Psycho movies and The Silence of the Lambs movies are so well known, you can't change the ending of the stories. Hannibal will meet Clariss after he's caught and escape again.

Whatever happens at the Bates Motel in these scripts, Norman's mother will still wind up rotting in her rocking chair. Another unknown fiction would keep you guessing, but its a certainty written in stone.

So a fiction about how they got to that fiction doesn't really interest me. Wink

So this is based on the characters from the film Psycho? I have to admit I've never seen the film in it's entirety

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
So this is based on the characters from the film Psycho? I have to admit I've never seen the film in it's entirety

I think the only character that is really in Psycho is Norman Bates, I don't think you can really count his mother. Big Grin

But it is a prequel set in today's time with many other new characters that I guess are supposed to show what happened to poor Norman along the way to make him become what we already know he did. In that regard it is a whole different storyline than Psycho.

As for the movie, it is a Hitchcock classic and should be seen by any student of film. In its day it was very frightening. However it has lost most of its shock value now and is quite tame compared to a modern thriller. We have also seen many similar plot twists, so the ending is no surprise either. But it was the original slasher when it was made.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Have I missed the release dat on this? Also, are we still looking at pack/box format? Or is this set also going to end up in the "premium" box format?

Thanks to anyone who has any info.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom...any new updates for us on this release...?

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I am shooting for September

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:

Tom

Thanks for the update, Tom. My wife and I are expecting a baby in September. If you could shoot for the end of the month, we'd appreciate it. :-)

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tom

Fantastic...looking forward to this release.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Mick & Matt Glebe sketch cards

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Tom,

The description of this set in the new Previews magazine makes it sound like it will be a premium box. Is that the case or is it still going to be packs?

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Those look great, Tom. Thanks for sharing.

Any additional information about an updated release date, set composition, list of signers, etc. would be appreciated.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
premium box

Tom

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Lee Lightfoot sketch cards Bates Motel coming this Fall

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Artist list (subject to change)

Chadwick Haverland
Charles Hall
Chris Hoffman
Chris Meeks
Connie Faye
Denae Frazier
Gabby Untermayerova
J.D.Seeber
John Sloboda
Ken Branch
Kris Penix
Lee Lightfoot
Marcia Dye
Mick & Matt Glebe
Scott Houseman
Steven Miller
Tim Levandoski
Tim Shay

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Terrific sketches so far Tom!! Very nice list of artists too. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Top class

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
CAST that have a greed to sign (subject to change)

1 Emmalyn Estrada
2 Terry Chen
3 Farrah Aviva
4 David Cubitt
5 Keegan Connor Tracy
6 Diana Bang
7 Jenna Romanin
8 Nestor Carbonell
9 Vincent Gale
10 Ian Tracey
11 Richard Harmon
12 Vera Famiga
13 Freddie Highmore
14 Mike Vogel
15 Brittney Wilson
16 Ian Hart
17 Max Thieriot

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
CAST that have agreed to sign (subject to change)

1 Emmalyn Estrada
2 Terry Chen
3 Farrah Aviva
4 David Cubitt
5 Keegan Connor Tracy
6 Diana Bang
7 Jenna Romanin
8 Nestor Carbonell
9 Vincent Gale
10 Ian Tracey
11 Richard Harmon
12 Vera Famiga
13 Freddie Highmore
14 Mike Vogel
15 Brittney Wilson
16 Ian Hart
17 Max Thieriot

posted Hide Post
quote:
CAST that have a greed to sign (subject to change)

1 Emmalyn Estrada
2 Terry Chen
3 Farrah Aviva
4 David Cubitt
5 Keegan Connor Tracy
6 Diana Bang
7 Jenna Romanin
8 Nestor Carbonell
9 Vincent Gale
10 Ian Tracey
11 Richard Harmon
12 Vera Famiga
13 Freddie Highmore
14 Mike Vogel
15 Brittney Wilson
16 Ian Hart
17 Max Thieriot

Great list! You got the big 4 with Vera, Freddie, Max and Nestor! Plus it's great to see Vogel sign, loved his work in the show. I'm surprised Jere Burns didn't sign though since he just did for BB.

Any idea on when this set will be released?

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
March

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Kris Penix Bates Motel sketch cards