Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Captain America (Upper Deck) Set in June
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain America (Upper Deck) Set in June
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
This came across the new on the ICV2 site...

quote:
In June Upper Deck follows up with a trading card release based on the Marvel Studios’ movie Captain America: The First Avenger, which is slated to debut on July 22nd. The 90-card Captain America set features all the key moments and characters from the highly anticipated movie, plus some great inserts including autographs from the film’s cast and “patch” cards that feature some of the popular patches and insignias used in the movie.

Marvel is keeping Upper Deck Entertainment quite busy it would seem. Thor, Beginnings, and now Captain America.

I do notice it says nothing about sketch cards, but I'm betting those will be in there too.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder if the "patch" cards are from the costumes or if they will be manufactured patches.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I have to wonder if the "patch" cards are from the costumes or if they will be manufactured patches.

Probably the latter.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A manufactured patch card means nothing in my opinion, and that does sound like that's what they are. Hope I'm wrong.

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I saw some artists discussing the Captain America sketch cards on Facebook, so I think there will be sketch cards for this release.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
More info will be released next week, says my source.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I love this design Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree, nice design! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Nice looking card. I see it's an artists proof card with the "AP" special marking on the front. That's good to see they have marked it so it differentiates from pack inserted cards.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Looks like, at this time, we'll have to wait until next month for more info.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
•Regular Set
–Base Cards (90)

•Top Inserts
–Movie Memorabilia Cards (1:12)

–Autograph Cards (1:288)

–Sketch Cards (1:48)

–Insignia Manufactured Patch Cards (1:16)

–7 cards per pack
–24 packs per box

•Product Arrival Date:
June 14, 2011

•Product Highlights
–Collect actor autographs and pieces of memorabilia
that came directly from costumes shown in the movie!
•Two (2) movie memorabilia cards or autographs per box!

–Chase one-of-a-kind artist sketch cards from some of
the greatest comic artists in the industry!
•At least Six (6) per case!

–Get manufactured insignia patch cards featuring some
of the famous uniform logos and patches prevalent in
the movie!
•At least One (1) per box!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know who will sign for this set? Or has it already been posted somewhere and I was just to blind to find it?

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
Does anybody know who will sign for this set? Or has it already been posted somewhere and I was just to blind to find it?

Doesn't really matter at this point anyway...

1) Upper Deck's lists always change at the last minute.

2) Most non-sport dealers are going to be restricted from selling it.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:

With the odds at 1 in every 288 packs does it really matter? Big Grin

But I haven't seen a list yet either. Smile

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
anymore news? release is soon...
auto list, images...

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha someone linked the scans I did of the cards. Kinda big aint they. How did you find them? Oh I did 92 cards for the Captain America set. I also have about 4 AP returns and one already approved AP for sale if anyone's interested.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comes out tomorrow and we still dont have a costume/autograph list. Come on Upper Deck. Either step up your game or let Rittenhouse handle these releases.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
Comes out tomorrow and we still dont have a costume/autograph list. Come on Upper Deck. Either step up your game or let Rittenhouse handle these releases.

If it's similar to Thor, there will be only 4 autographs...

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post