Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Morrisons Disney Card Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Morrisons Disney Card Set
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Morrisons supermarkets in the UK have a new Disney card set on promotion.

It is a 99 card set and comes with an album to store the cards in.

The cards come 7 to a packet but you can't buy the packets. You get them when you buy certain items or spend over £30 in the store.

Packs also contain random gold cards to win holidays etc.

The promotion starts on Monday 11th July and runs for 7 weeks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting.
Will you be collecting these?
Good luck if you are.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It will cost a few thousand at least to put a set together.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The set is called Disney Magical Moments and as Wolfie mentioned you get a free pack every time you buy one of the special protional items such as tomato sauce, washing up liquid etc. or if you spend over thirty pounds. It is therefore possible that you will be able to get more that one packet without spending the thirty pounds depending on the products bought. Their website gives you a clue about these. There is also a possibility of winning a trip to Disneyland Paris

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
As a Disney collector, my interest is peaked... Love to see some images when one of you get a pack or 2.

If you get any extra cards along the way, I would love to trade for them.

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would love some as well. Just in Cars 2 DISNEY STORE EVENT ITEMS--Sorry no cards but large stickers with all the characters, build your own Mater, bandana and lots of other stuff. I have all the promo items from all 4 weeks of events--all in perfect shape!

Also have a large list of stuff for trade Disney and non-Disney--MANY RARE THINGS.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
That sounds like an interesting set to put together!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
In 23862 posts, this has got to be the best Wolfie missive by a country mile. Thanks Clap

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh, well, one tries one's best you know old boy. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see what the cards look like.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
In 23862 posts, this has got to be the best Wolfie missive by a country mile. Thanks Clap

The ONLY decent post Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
With the cost of my shopping plus the special items, I qualified for 15 packs. Each pack has what looks like a holofoil parallel card. One of the parallels was shiney, so this may mean there are two parallel sets. I ended up with 66 unique basic cards and 24 doubles.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm anxious to see these as well!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They are starting ( predictably ) to appear on the auction site allready if you want to see what they look like.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
They look a lot like the Disney Auchan cards we had in France. But our set had different characters and it was 180 cards + 5 gold cards.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just found a few on Ebay. If anyone has extras they're willing to trade for stuff let me know.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went into morrisons today and saw the books on the way in,I only spent £2.39 though Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
anybody worked out if any of the cards are more difficult to get than others?

posted Hide Post
i dont collect disney but i do shop at morrisons there every thursday.i will save the packs i get and trade them.even tho i dont collect them i do look forward to seeing the complete checklist and what the parallels are?and how rare?

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
132 cards in total.there is a master set on that famous auction site!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post