Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2018 Fleer Ultra X-Men
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 Fleer Ultra X-Men
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted

Fleer Ultra X-Men is coming this summer. Here's what's been announced: https://www.beckett.com/news/2018-fleer-ultra-x-men/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Looks great. The two biggest information parts are missing though - release date and price.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Release Date: June 27th
Orders Due: May 30th

Will retail somewhere around $139.00 if my MAP pricing is correct.
Friendly Dealers will have them for less if you ask, they can't advertise online unless they are an approved internet retailer.

And all the details without a click:
quote:
Configuration: 12 boxes*/12 packs/6 cards
* 2x 6-count inners

2018 FLEER ULTRA MARVEL X-MEN TRADING CARDS BOX HITS:
(12) Subset Cards (Dead & Gone, Greatest Battles, The Originals, X-92, or Deadpool Around the World)
(12) Silver Foil Parallels
(1) Gold Foil Parallel #’d to 99 (at least)
(1) X-Cut
(6) Metal Blasters
(1) PMG
(2) Stax Cards
(1) 3×3 Puzzle Card

2018 FLEER ULTRA MARVEL X-MEN TRADING CARDS CASE HITS*:
(3-4) Artist Autograph Cards #’d to 50
(1-2) Jambalaya
(2) Master of Magnetism
(1-2) Sketch Cards
(2-3) Cut Comic Panels
(3-4) 94/95 FUXM Buyback
* On average per inner

2018 FLEER ULTRA MARVEL X-MEN TRADING CARDS PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
ALL-NEW STAX CARDS! – The Upper Deck tradition of innovation continues with the introduction of these color-separated stacking cards! Find and assemble top, middle and bottom cards to create a final image of your favorite X-Men character!
Look for 1-of-1, original art sketch cards created by the most sought-after artists in the industry!
Find Single & Dual Cut Comic Panel Cards – Featuring the most notable titles in existence, including X-Men #1!!
Master of Magnetism Cards! – Giving the venerable villain his due, collect the 15-card set featuring images from his most dastardly moments, printed on metal! (non-magnetic metal of course, so Magneto can’t use them against you…)
3×3 Connected Image Cards – Find and assemble all 9 cards to reveal an astonishing scene drawn by Greg Hildebrandt!
1994 & 1995 Fleer Ultra X-Men Foil-Stamped Buyback Cards – Recapture the original complete base sets from 1994 & 1995!
11×14 Greg Hildebrandt Art Print, SIGNED! – Look for redemption cards for these frame-worthy art prints, hand-numbered to an edition of 25!

Look For Throwback-Inspired Insert Designs!
Metal Blaster
X-Cuts (common 1:20)
Red #’d to 99
Yellow #’d to 50
Blue #’d to 25
Black #’d to 5
Precious Metal Gems
Bronze #’d to 199
Red #’d to 99
Blue #’d to 49
Green #’d to 25
Purple #’d to 10
Gold #’d to 1
Jambalaya

150-Card Base Set – PLUS 5 Different Subsets, ALL Featuring Original Art! Collect over 200 unique illustrations printed across the base and sub sets; featuring famed artists: Greg Hildebrandt, Mark Texeira, John Stanko, Ariel Olivetti and more!!!

Now, the maths on this one...

6 Cards per pack
3 are inserts or parallels
3 are base cards

So it will take over 4 boxes to have enough base cards to MAKE a base set, assuming perfect collation.
So, figure a inner case at least to make a 150 card base set. Or over $750 worth of cards at retail.

Nice set, crazy numbers though.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what some of these companies smoke but they need to realise they are strangling their own markets by making things too hard and too expensive for the average collector- Mad

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Release Date: June 27th
Orders Due: May 30th

Will retail somewhere around $139.00 if my MAP pricing is correct.
Friendly Dealers will have them for less if you ask, they can't advertise online unless they are an approved internet retailer.

And all the details without a click:
quote:
Configuration: 12 boxes*/12 packs/6 cards
* 2x 6-count inners

2018 FLEER ULTRA MARVEL X-MEN TRADING CARDS BOX HITS:
(12) Subset Cards (Dead & Gone, Greatest Battles, The Originals, X-92, or Deadpool Around the World)
(12) Silver Foil Parallels
(1) Gold Foil Parallel #’d to 99 (at least)
(1) X-Cut
(6) Metal Blasters
(1) PMG
(2) Stax Cards
(1) 3×3 Puzzle Card

2018 FLEER ULTRA MARVEL X-MEN TRADING CARDS CASE HITS*:
(3-4) Artist Autograph Cards #’d to 50
(1-2) Jambalaya
(2) Master of Magnetism
(1-2) Sketch Cards
(2-3) Cut Comic Panels
(3-4) 94/95 FUXM Buyback
* On average per inner

2018 FLEER ULTRA MARVEL X-MEN TRADING CARDS PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
ALL-NEW STAX CARDS! – The Upper Deck tradition of innovation continues with the introduction of these color-separated stacking cards! Find and assemble top, middle and bottom cards to create a final image of your favorite X-Men character!
Look for 1-of-1, original art sketch cards created by the most sought-after artists in the industry!
Find Single & Dual Cut Comic Panel Cards – Featuring the most notable titles in existence, including X-Men #1!!
Master of Magnetism Cards! – Giving the venerable villain his due, collect the 15-card set featuring images from his most dastardly moments, printed on metal! (non-magnetic metal of course, so Magneto can’t use them against you…)
3×3 Connected Image Cards – Find and assemble all 9 cards to reveal an astonishing scene drawn by Greg Hildebrandt!
1994 & 1995 Fleer Ultra X-Men Foil-Stamped Buyback Cards – Recapture the original complete base sets from 1994 & 1995!
11×14 Greg Hildebrandt Art Print, SIGNED! – Look for redemption cards for these frame-worthy art prints, hand-numbered to an edition of 25!

Look For Throwback-Inspired Insert Designs!
Metal Blaster
X-Cuts (common 1:20)
Red #’d to 99
Yellow #’d to 50
Blue #’d to 25
Black #’d to 5
Precious Metal Gems
Bronze #’d to 199
Red #’d to 99
Blue #’d to 49
Green #’d to 25
Purple #’d to 10
Gold #’d to 1
Jambalaya

150-Card Base Set – PLUS 5 Different Subsets, ALL Featuring Original Art! Collect over 200 unique illustrations printed across the base and sub sets; featuring famed artists: Greg Hildebrandt, Mark Texeira, John Stanko, Ariel Olivetti and more!!!

Now, the maths on this one...

6 Cards per pack
3 are inserts or parallels
3 are base cards

So it will take over 4 boxes to have enough base cards to MAKE a base set, assuming perfect collation.
So, figure a inner case at least to make a 150 card base set. Or over $750 worth of cards at retail.

Nice set, crazy numbers though.

Ed

Thanks for the breakdown, Ed. That one has to practically purchase an inner case to even have the chance at getting the base set is unfortunate.

Posts: 7 | Location: Mass | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paul hart:
I don’t know what some of these companies smoke but they need to realise they are strangling their own markets by making things too hard and too expensive for the average collector- Mad

I agree. These parallels are ridiculous. I don't think they understand that obscuring original art with shiny graphics is not an incentive for the average collector. The only successful parallel attempts have been those that were truly novel - like 1995's Marvel Masterpieces Emotion parallel or 2016's Marvel Masterpieces Comic parallel.

Posts: 7 | Location: Mass | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjmdiablo:

Thanks for the breakdown, Ed. That one has to practically purchase an inner case to even have the chance at getting the base set is unfortunate.

If all you're looking for is the base set, if/when it hits Upper Deck's e-Pack, it will likely be much more affordable. Not ripping packs, but picking up the singles off COMC. Both the last Marvel Masterpieces and Fleer Ultra Spider-Man weren't in my budget and inserts weren't my priority. I bought base cards singles for $0.30 to $0.40 each (about $30-40 for the sets) as the e-Packs users are filling COMC up with a lot all at once. Might be an avenue for dealers to consider stocking up with too.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
Originally posted by sjmdiablo:

If all you're looking for is the base set, if/when it hits Upper Deck's e-Pack, it will likely be much more affordable. Not ripping packs, but picking up the singles off COMC. Both the last Marvel Masterpieces and Fleer Ultra Spider-Man weren't in my budget and inserts weren't my priority. I bought base cards singles for $0.30 to $0.40 each (about $30-40 for the sets) as the e-Packs users are filling COMC up with a lot all at once. Might be an avenue for dealers to consider stocking up with too.

All valid ways to get trading cards I'm sure, but it involves navigating e-packs and COMC for collectors and maybe dealers too.

Now the question is, do you think these alternate methods of obtaining cards will bring in enough new card collectors to offset all the old card collectors who wouldn't touch any of it with a 10 foot pole? Big Grin

Good assessment, they are "strangling their own markets" and I really don't see how each bad idea tops the last bad idea. Frown

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

All valid ways to get trading cards I'm sure, but it involves navigating e-packs and COMC for collectors and maybe dealers too.

Now the question is, do you think these alternate methods of obtaining cards will bring in enough new card collectors to offset all the old card collectors who wouldn't touch any of it with a 10 foot pole? Big Grin

Good assessment, they are "strangling their own markets" and I really don't see how each bad idea tops the last bad idea. Frown

I'm simply offering my approach to getting satisfaction out of a product they may not otherwise try. I want the base set for these so it doesn't make sense to buy the box after box required. This route does.

And buying singles off of COMC doesn't require anything to do with e-Pack other than knowing it's arrived so you can expect an influx of singles to start showing up. It's just like buying single cards off any other site out there.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not arguing with you at all Ryan, I get what you are saying. However I've been collecting a long time and I have never tried to buy a base set card for card. I have put them together by pack. I have bought them complete. I have filled a few gaps to complete. To not buy any of the product, but to purchase every base card as individual sales, or groups of sales, isn't how I buy cards. I go after autograph cards like that and some other hits, but not base cards. And I always do like to have the basic set of any product where I am buying for the title, as well as specific autographs.

For card manufacturers to keep making premium products that have so many inserts and so many parallels, while still reducing the number of cards in a pack, packs in a box, boxes in a case and then raising the SRP on everything is destructive to the hobby.

We are losing existing card collectors out of frustration and the complaints of the "average" collectors are being ignored. The products keep getting bigger and more expensive, while collectors still can't find the value and now can't complete titles they have always followed.

I'm not faulting you for trying to explain the ways collectors can adjust their habits to still make these large base sets. I am saying that card manufacturers can't force collectors to buy a certain way or to be satisfied with less than they had before. Its a hobby, collectors will just stop buying. Which is all fine if the manufacturers' methods are attracting even more new customers than they are losing, but I don't see that this is happening.

Sorry, went a bit off topic, but since 2018 Ultra X-Men does need 4 boxes for a base set, that kind of is the topic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if there's still any banned X-Men characters for the sketch cards?
I think Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue, and Apocalypse were on the list a one time.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you're wondering about the checklist, here it is: https://www.beckett.com/news/2018-fleer-ultra-x-men/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice that Old Man Logan Gold Precious Metal Gem that apparently sold for $69k on September 22?
That PMG was supposed to be an ePacks Achievement limited to the first one to redeem for it, but there is another out there. Can there be even more floating around? Eek

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
Anyone notice that Old Man Logan Gold Precious Metal Gem that apparently sold for $69k on September 22?
That PMG was supposed to be an ePacks Achievement limited to the first one to redeem for it, but there is another out there. Can there be even more floating around? Eek

Apparently UD stepped in, and the sale was cancelled.

Does make you wonder how it got out in the first place though.

I've always wondered why a card like that wasn't serial numbered. Expensive enough to make a 1 off, putting it in the stamper to number it would be nothing.

We'll never know the whole story.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post