Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Wacky Packages set coming out
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Wacky Packages set coming out
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Did anybody else break this news?

Sounds like a fun set.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it!

100 base cards...flip side puzzles... stickers...

Most importantly (for me), something different for Star Wars cards!

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I worked as a concept artist as well as did some Inserts for this set. It's going to be a fun set.

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did this have sketches as the others Wacky Packages product? I think if it does it will be the same odds one sketch per box.

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
It is supposed to have sketches and Artist autographs (signed on card).

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just heard from a distributor that Topps has cancelled this release. No details were provided.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It sounded like pre-orders were not good.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I quizzed the Wacky customers in Philly, NONE said they planned on buying this. Pretty much the same with Star Wars customers too.

It would make a good chase set in a set, about 12 gags and call it done. No way a whole set could stay fresh and funny on a single subject.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Can I throw in my .02?

When I heard about this set, I thought it was gonna be awesome! Wackys parodying Star Wars - how fun is that gonna be!

THEN I read (correct me if I'm wrong) that they were making up products then parodying the made up product! What the kalamazoo is that all about?

Big stinker!

Make fun of Star Wars directly - or would Disney sue Topps out of existence?

And that, my fellow collectors, is my .02 on this topic!

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Was told this set was canceled.
.... for now.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post