Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
WWE goes to Panini in 2022

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/6747092796

October 26, 2021, 12:35 PM
Heroes For Hire
WWE goes to Panini in 2022
First Topps loses baseball cards, now they’re losing WWE to Panini. Seems like a semi-recovery for Panini after losing basketball and football.

After securing hockey recently, Upper Deck might need to watch out for one of them going for Marvel next Eek

https://www.paniniamerica.net/...card-partner-of-wwe/
October 26, 2021, 01:50 PM
Tommy C
Does this include the NXT wrestling cards that Topps does ? Is that part of WWE ?
October 26, 2021, 04:16 PM
mykdude
Generally not impacted by wrestling cards but the next 5 years of card manufacturing is going to be interesting to watch.

October 26, 2021, 04:30 PM
webjon
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Does this include the NXT wrestling cards that Topps does ? Is that part of WWE ?

NXT is a WWE brand.

My guess is that means it is going to Panini.
October 26, 2021, 04:31 PM
webjon
Does that leave Topps with anything on the sports side?

If not they seem the most logical choice for a Fanatics takeover if one happens.
October 26, 2021, 05:10 PM
catskilleagle
I was thinking Topps could go for something like Big3 basketball with its celebrity connection but Parkside has that. If there are no well-followed sports left, it could look into a license for "Seinfeld" or "Friends" or maybe "Saturday Night Live." I think Topps needs to re-energize with a stunt like that.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

If not they seem the most logical choice for a Fanatics takeover if one happens.

October 27, 2021, 04:43 AM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

They have produced cards for Portsmouth FC which is owned by Michael Eisner and only sold by its own shop.

regards

John